Forums Latest Members

Let's round up the year with your favourite watches acquired this year i

1. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 4, 2015

If Santa pays me a visit this year I know for sure he is getting old and sloppy. I have been a really bad boy!:whipped::p

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

George.A, dougiedude, Davidt and 31 others like this.
  2. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Dec 4, 2015

What an array of jaw-dropping chronographs (Minerva, Lemania, Berthoud, Universal...) :eek: And that Eterna is bellissimo :thumbsup:

khmt2, jsaen and Northernman like this.
  3. cristos71 Dec 4, 2015

Well I make that a nice round 20 :D

My favourite amongst them is the lovely Berthoud, which came IIRC from our mutual friend ;)

JohnSteed and Northernman like this.
  4. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 4, 2015

There are a few more. Haven't gotten around to have them cleaned up and photographed yet.
    Our mutual freündin have been an expensive encounter for sure!
    :eek:
    Personal fav hard to pick but the Lemania HS9 in its original box and owners service medals ranks up there together with Berthoud and Tri-Compax.

5. PatrickJ Dec 4, 2015

My best this year brand new speedy.

2015-11-30 21.16.36.jpg 2015-12-01 09.58.35.jpg 2015-11-28 21.55.43.jpg 2015-12-01 13.34.52.jpg
    jsaen, Mad Dog, JohnSteed and 6 others like this.
  6. cristos71 Dec 4, 2015

You can say that again, a real femme fatale, I just couldn´t stop myself from keep going back for more :D

All that servicing nearly bankrupted me this summer! But fortunately that was an encounter where the memory remaining is both sweet and long lasting :)

JohnSteed and Northernman like this.
  7. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Dec 4, 2015

I acquired one watch this year (for birthday #51)...a new Speedy Gonzales w/ leather strap and Hesalite crystal via the presentation box set. It's my grail watch...and I really groove on it...especially when wearing it on the replica NASA strap. :thumbsup:

image.jpeg

Pic from today...
    image.jpeg

dougiedude, jsaen, Darlinboy and 12 others like this.
  8. marturx Dec 4, 2015

My acqusition of the year (and probably for next year too, since it left me so painfully broke :confused:)

1655, wrist.jpg

As a bonus, during the year I also managed to pick up 4 sock-drawer Speedies, whereof 2 of them are still with me. The other 2 was off-loaded to a couple of collector friends in need.

These 2 I still have. One of them may have to leave....

Pair of Speedies.jpg

hugoafonso, Gatsby, Davidt and 19 others like this.
  9. T WIN Dec 4, 2015

Great discussion! Here's my latest joy.

PO 42..8500

image.jpeg
    watchme, Superdoc, PatrickJ and 4 others like this.
  10. khmt2 Dec 4, 2015

2015 was the year when I went gaga over 2 register chronos!

dresschrono_s.jpg

11. Hijak Dec 4, 2015

This is one of the coolest watch pictures I've ever seen!:cool:::love::

jsaen, lando, TexOmega and 4 others like this.
  12. constellationM Dec 5, 2015

I bought 7 watches this year - so far.
    So here in order of acquisition

Tissot Visodate
    image.jpeg

IWC Vintage Collection Ingenieur Laureus
    image.jpeg

Nivada Compensamatic
    image.jpeg

This pair of Constellations 14902 1961
    image.jpeg

2782 - 1954
    image.jpeg

Hamilton Khaki
    image.jpeg

Seiko Prospex Blue Monster.
    image.jpeg

Edited Dec 11, 2015
    ELV web, Mad Dog, TexOmega and 6 others like this.
  13. Aussie Jim Dec 5, 2015

14. laughing_cavlier Dec 5, 2015

This is my modest haul from this year.... collection2015.jpg
    might add one more by Christmas :whistling:

ELV web, Georgieboy58, jsaen and 10 others like this.
  15. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 5, 2015

It's been an interesting and enlightening year. When I joined this forum I had zero knowledge of vintage watches. Basic Casios and Swatches were my timepieces. Then this started me down the slippery slope. https://omegaforums.net/threads/fathers-watch-es.25540/ followed by https://omegaforums.net/threads/my-fathers-watches-final-part.30488/

So father's watches duly dealt with, I kept reading and my interest grew. After briefly being entertained by the purchase of a "holiday" watch https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-customer-complaint-properly.27441/ I kept reading and eventually kind of settled on an early "grail" watch. Lo and behold, I came across it https://omegaforums.net/threads/right-place-right-time.29241/

Now, those of you who have read this far might have picked up on a couple of things - firstly, a professed disinterest in chronos and denial of interest in being a collector. Maybe I should have stopped there, but I kept researching. Despite my protestations this has now arrived https://omegaforums.net/threads/head-scratching-advice-sought.31774/

I also have bought a few straps, which also meant buying a spring bar tool, but I finally admitted I may well have been bitten by the collector bug when I bought a watch box.
    Watchbox.jpg
    As I said, it's been interesting year, and I look forward to learning more in the future. I can see this becoming a hobby/interest for a long time to come and look forward to the journey.

Thanks to all who have helped me with advice and shared their knowledge so far!

Edited Dec 5, 2015
    1685, Lou P, JohnSteed and 5 others like this.
  16. Faz Dec 5, 2015

There has been some stupendous pieces acquired this year here!! My goodness...

For me, a few chronos and a diver...

Cheers

Meylan 3_zpspdtwy6qf.jpg Auricoste dial.jpg DSC_0004.jpg

Enicar Sherpa Graph_zps2ok1sd26.jpg
    Cal_321, marturx, jsaen and 15 others like this.
  17. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 5, 2015

JohnSteed likes this.
  18. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 5, 2015

I had a pretty quiet year in 2015. Started off by picking up two Bulova Self Windings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The total cost for both Bulovas was less than dinner for one at a nice restaurant. One even came with the original box!

[​IMG]

The next one is totally out of character for me, but it is just so different I had to buy it. Zodiac Astrographic Jump Hour:

[​IMG]

This one is a bit of a project, as it needs a cleaning badly and the case is pretty beat up. Hands and numeric dial are a bit out of sync also. I think I will send this to Paul in Sacramento after the first of the year. He seems to know his way around these Zodiacs.

Next one was a bit unexpected. I got a call from a forum member who was cleaning out a large chunk of his collection around the middle of the year. I had another one like this, but he made me the proverbial "offer he can't refuse".

[​IMG]

BTW, Dennis retains the dibs rights on this one. Least I could do. :D

After that, I turned my sights to a brand that I never considered before, Girard Perregaux. Netted these two beauties for surprisingly reasonable prices:

[​IMG]

The really nice part about this watch is found under the caseback. Simply stunning:

[​IMG]

Here's the other GP, from down under:

[​IMG]

Last one was an Omega Constellation, but not one of the iconic models we see to often on the forum:

[​IMG]

This one was a purchase by accident. The watch looked nice with original beveling on the case and matte finish on top. I put in a snipe at a ridiculously low price. Woke up the next morning and found out I was the new owner at $50 less than my ridiculous bid. Just got it back from the watchmaker, but there is a (hopefully minor) problem with the new Omega crown and needs to go back.

Well, maybe 2015 wasn't that quiet after all.
    gatorcpa

19. Faz Dec 5, 2015

20. Superdoc Dec 5, 2015

Kind of a slow year....

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Of course... The year isn't over yet...

Ramses, hugoafonso, ctime3 and 14 others like this.