Forums Latest Members
  1. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 16, 2015

It was my father's watches that brought me here - see this thread https://omegaforums.net/threads/fathers-watch-es.25540/

Just for the sake of closure, I thought I'd share the fate of the final watch - the Cyma bumper. After several weeks in the custody of a local watchmaker, they basically gave up on it, so I looked elsewhere. Having had pretty good results from Swisstec, off it went for an estimate which I accepted.

Three weeks later, it's back and I'm more than happy with the results. From a very tired and tatty non-runner, it now looks pretty good and will be handed over to my brother after I get a strap put on it. Pictures below of before and after.

Old Cyma.jpg New Cyma.jpg
    A couple of things struck me. Compared to my daily beater ( a 2255.80 purchased after research here), it's tiny. Around 34mm, but back in the day (mid 50s I think) I suppose this was a gent's watch size :)

Also, and I'm not shilling for them, that's twice I've used Swiss Time Services/Swisstec for refurbishment, and though not cheap, I find them a pleasure to deal with. With the Cyma, they eventually found they needed to replace the balance staff which was done for no extra cost. It was also sent to me in a soft case inside a hard plastic outer case.They even phoned me once it was ready to ensure I'd be available to take delivery.

2. Jonatan Oct 16, 2015

Love waffle dials. Great looking watch you've got there. Thanks for sharing with us!

red crowned and Mouse_at_Large like this.
  3. Hijak Oct 16, 2015

Stunning transformation!::love:: Congratulations.

Mouse_at_Large and McHuge like this.
  4. marturx Oct 16, 2015

I'm amazed how fantastic the dial cleaned up!

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 16, 2015

WOW, turned out great! :thumbsup:

6. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 16, 2015

I'll make a shamefull confession. After due consideration and discussion with Swisstec, the dial has been restored/refurbished not just cleaned. I think the results are exceptional.

Then again, I'm not a collector and knowing my brother, he would prefer a clean looking watch to anything "patinated". :p