Forums Latest Members

Oookay... an Omega to wrap up the year

1. jw0n Dec 28, 2020

I don't like white dials. In fact, I hated them. Told myself I'd never have one. And then I had an Exp 2 Polar briefly and thought... hey, white dial watches aren't all that bad. And then all of a sudden, I saw this guy and was hooked. Talk about an impulse purchase, one to wrap up the year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here are three watches I did not plan on buying (at all) this year. But when the surfaced, I just knew I had to pull the trigger. They just felt... right.

[​IMG]

Fusion, mr_smith, wolfe44 and 23 others like this.
  2. maecenas Dec 28, 2020

Beautiful watch, probably one of my favorite variations at the moment. Congrats!

3. MtnMarine Dec 28, 2020

Good choice! A white dial is a nice way to add variety to the collection.

Wear in good health!

4. WatchCor Dec 28, 2020

Great choice. I find myself equally amazed at how my taste has evolved towards lighter dials. I do like my black dials also but my collection is currently mostly white dials and additionaly a few colorful (blue/green) ones.

Looks wonderful. :thumbsup:

5. Cod Holliday Dec 28, 2020

Gorgeous watch.

It seems everyone got tired of the BB58 Blue, and with no Rolex to buy everyone is scoring a white SMP 300. :)

Congratulations and wear it in good health. I'd love to own one myself.

6. stevec14 Dec 29, 2020

Congrats OP. I can’t say I’m getting bored with the Blue BB58 (far from it) but I am also like you in that I dislike white dials - every one I’ve had has been moved on. I am also liking this more and more, esp on the black rubber.

I might have to pick one up also.....

7. Martin_J_N Dec 29, 2020

Congratulations thats a great pick-up.

I'm not a fan of white dial watches yet every time I look at my collection I say to myself I need a white dial watch, but when I hold one in my hand I dislike it.

8. IanF Dec 29, 2020

Lovely watch! Fortunately the SMP 300 is too big for my wrist or I’d have to get one too. Enjoy and Happy New Year

9. jw0n Dec 29, 2020

Thank you all for the encouraging comments! I'm a bigger sized fella, so the BB58 feels small on my wrist. Its weird, because, somehow, I am able to wear other 39mm watches that feel right, yet BB58 feels small when strapped on my wrist. This SMP feels... perfect. On rubber, it is the right amount of casual, yet okay to be worn in to work/office without raising any eyebrows.

I truly did not expect to like this as much as I do right now, so luckily no regrets!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  10. Fusion Dec 30, 2020

Pretty hot. And nice photography! :thumbsup:

11. guppydriver Dec 30, 2020

If you only knew how bad I am struggling deciding between this exact watch and the gray dial on blue rubber strap. Much like the OP, I had never fancied white dials and was just waiting for one of the forums online sellers to offer a gray dial SMP 300 at a fair price, but now I think I may prefer this watch. Until tomorrow that is.

12. jw0n Dec 30, 2020

The difference is only this year and next year ;-)

Here's one more wristshot for your consideration:

[​IMG]

guppydriver and munichblue like this.