Forums Latest Members

ROLEX releases new model "The Holiday" due to stock shortages!

1. Partagas Feb 16, 2020

I think I have said it before, but at market prices, Rolex stainless steel sports models are a big pass for me. I've moved on to more interest in Omega, etc. I never paid over MSRP for any watch, and doubt I ever will!

jankymutt, Pun and Archer like this.
  2. Dan S Feb 16, 2020

I can't believe that this goofy thread based on a completely fictitious premise is on page 5. Apparently this is the topic that just keeps on giving. :rolleyes:

jankymutt, MJKauz, Om3ga321 and 3 others like this.
  3. watch3s Feb 16, 2020

they keep encouraging the op

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 16, 2020

Jesus, Are these real?? That is just crazy

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 16, 2020

Well, you just contributed to this goofy thread with a completely fictitious premise with your sober and realistic post.

We all thank you.

S

cvalue13, Porker and watch3s like this.
  6. watch3s Feb 16, 2020

rolex does play a part in hk culture. Thats why as an expat and a younger collector I had sworn id not buy rolex.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 16, 2020

Well, I'm glad I'm not in HK or an ex-pat then...Holly SH#$!

8. Porker Feb 17, 2020

Wow... majority seems to be sport style .... i'm just gonna save up for a cheap ass Air King and dress it with a croc strap... they can still be found for under $5k

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 17, 2020

And that is the first not insane thing you have said. Although at 5k would a nice birth year perfect DJ not be a good choice also? I've looked at that option and at least for me the answer was a nice crenelated grey dial from my birth year.

51e8a4d1cab286d5e0bef8bb93ed26de41681fde.jpg
    1603 at 36mm, crenelated bezel, and grey sigma dial.... pretty close to perfection to me. I'll admit a grey linen dial sigma dial is pretty darn sexy also. Too bad I am not sure they where made in my BY. Otherwise I will stick to my no rehuat Kermit, without the flat 4. I mean is the flat 4 bump really worth it if you get the no rehaut?

Edited Feb 17, 2020
    micampe, Dan S and watch3s like this.
  10. Porker Feb 17, 2020

Ye, I just think the way to go with Rolex is understatement... I want to wear a Rolex but I don’t want to WEAR A ROLEX if that makes any sense ( no disrespect to sports watch owners)

That grey ghost you have glides beautifully under the radar... awesome to dress up but will also go incredibly well with a Sunspel polo

Edit. It’s the engine turned bezel for me

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 17, 2020

they go by both names ;) I agree about understated :) On the other hand I personally think if you get a sub you should have the cyclops. Its part of the DNA, if your going to wear a Rolex with a date you might has well have that part of the industrial design noticeable from 20 feet on your watch lol.

jankymutt likes this.
  12. watch3s Feb 17, 2020

once upon a time, $5k got me a 14060M set :(

Foo2rama likes this.
  13. MJKauz Feb 17, 2020

Oh lord. I mean, any person running a business should pay their taxes but that doesn't mean they're an AD. You could buy something and sell it for 4x MSRP if the market could bear it, but that doesn't mean you're not flipping. Lol man this was a fun read in the morning.

14. Porker Feb 18, 2020

Rolex "Cyclops??" you had me there. ... was this a model like the "Holiday"??;) , i googled it ... all good now!!

15. mayankyadav Feb 18, 2020

You are hell bent on proving yourself a troll. ::facepalm1::

watch3s and Foo2rama like this.
  16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 18, 2020

I just want to understand... your claiming to be an expert on Rolex's and where to buy them, and you do not know what a cyclops is when you are talking about Rolex watches?

5f9f0e9c69fd1f613230740c0045359e.jpg

jankymutt, micampe, WatchCor and 3 others like this.
  17. Porker Feb 19, 2020

Not an expert at all, just a guy with an opinion on what’s been in the news and still is... I started my thread with “ this is my take...”

cvalue13 likes this.
  18. cvalue13 Feb 19, 2020

As with many having troll tendencies, they tend to be the first to shout “troll.” Kind of a “he who smelled it dealt it” scenario.

@Porker i read your first post for what it was: a guy new to the scene daring to casually put forward a view (good, bad, or otherwise), not realizing the shark tank into which he was casually throwing such views.

you should stick around, and in a few short years you, too, can decide how to treat new people in such scenarios.

19. Porker Feb 19, 2020

Not an expert at all, just a guy with an opinion on what’s been in the news and still is... I started my thread with “ this is my take...”
    appreciated... in all fairness, that wasn’t the best idea for a first post... I’m sure a long standing member posting same would have been let down easy-ier

I could have done a lot worse by posting this on the Rolex forum

cvalue13 likes this.
  20. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 19, 2020

it’s your stubborn reluctance to realize your wrong and you don’t know what your talking about. Even when you admit you don’t know much about them.

Simply put your theory of SS sports Rolex watches magically sitting in an AD at MSRP in a magic vacation spot is complete and utter bollucks.

when you said anything else you get a cordial response from me.

mayankyadav likes this.