Forums Latest Members

ROLEX releases new model "The Holiday" due to stock shortages!

1. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 20, 2020

Don’t sell yourself too short. Given the amount of responses and participation of some senior members of the forum you did ok on your first post. Most first posts are inquiries about an uncles or fathers watch.... that they would never want to sell of course.

you chose a theme that is, almost to a fault, troll territory. It’s one of two or three top troll subjects, and it is true you did yourself no favors along the way....

that said, welcome to the forum. You got a lot of people activated on your first post.... stay around, participate and be humble. We have all been put in place a few times. Just be honest. We don’t know you, nobody knows you, so you might as well just be honest because nobody cares about any other version of you.

welcome to the forum buddy!!

mayankyadav, Porker, cvalue13 and 3 others like this.
  2. Donfiore Feb 20, 2020

If you guys would consider Datejust as SS models, I've just contacted a few Rolex ADs in Brazil and found one that has Datejusts with jubilee bracelet and white gold bezel at MSRP. They got Datejusts, OPs, and Explorers at the store. Submariners take about 2 weeks to arrive and GMTs around 6-24 months depending on the model.

cvalue13 likes this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 20, 2020

The shortage issue is with SS sports models. DJs seem to be available, especially ss/ gold combos.

watch3s likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 20, 2020

you can get OP’s and DJ’s anywhere at msrp. If you can get a sub in 2 weeks at msrp buy it lol and sell it for a 5-10% profit, hell I’ll buy it at cost to you and pay shipping. It’s a no brainer. Where is this magical AD.

5. Donfiore Feb 20, 2020

Manoel Bernardes and Frattina in Brazil.

Why would I buy it and sell it to you at cost? Only to remove my money from investments and let my money not give me anything?
    With shipping costs and with the mentality of opportunity costs is why people don't already do that.
    And in Brazil the market price of a sub is the same as the MSRP. I don't know if you're aware but markets change depending on the location of the globe, and price changes due to demand, in case you need help to understand that better I would recommend Mankiw's economy books.

Feel free to research the dealers btw, Frattina may take a little longer than 2 weeks depending on the time of the year but Manoel Bernardes is 2 weeks tops.

Manoel Bernardes' number: +55 (31) 4501-3604
    Frattina's : +55 11 3062-3244

There you go with your "Magical ADs"

Porker and cvalue13 like this.
  6. Porker Feb 20, 2020

1) MSRP? read my original posting ... never mentioned it
    2) Stock.. including sports models available elsewhere? more than one member posted examples.. they are out there..
    3) Implied by me: FAIR prices can be get elsewhere... the old principle of shop around and you will get what your looking for.
    4) Authenticity guaranteed, touch/feel in-store ... who wouldn't want peace of mind on spending that kind of money?
    5) Rolex has high demand privileged markets ... you have to be brain dead to deny that...

Darn Foo'sy ... we where just getting along there for a while ... i was even thinking we will be having BBQ's on weekends ..;)

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 20, 2020

I contacted them. And they could not promise a sub in 2 weeks. They will contact me and sell me the first they get in according to them.
    I’m not holding my breath.

So confirmed troll. Anyone can buy at above MSRP. Your claiming you can buy new from an AD at msrp. There is no question I can get a brand new sub or Daytona in less then an hour. Anyone can do that, so again I don’t understand you point. But I admire you sticking to your failed logic.

since if your point is that you need to go on vacation to buy a sub.... that’s also wrong as again I can get one within the hour. I can get a hulk within the hour and either Panda ceramic Daytona. Heck I can get a lightly used playtona under MSRP in an hour.

8. Donfiore Feb 21, 2020

If they told you they couldn't promise a sub for you in 2 weeks, then they don't want to sell to you because I called them and I had confirmation that if I wanted one it would arrive in 2 weeks.

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 21, 2020

I offered eft transfer with promise they would have it in 2weeks. Once money was offered they backed out of promising it would be 2 weeks. They could not guarantee it.

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 21, 2020

Does it REALLY matter that much? They say what they say...are they lying? do they happen to have a sub at two week range as an exception?, but not 2? DO they say they can so you commit and then will extend the delivery one month at a time?

The point is they are saying one thing to one person and another to the other....but....even if they had it on one week that does not change the world-wide reality of the shortage of SS models at AD stores.

A friend of mine got new a GMT Pepsi at Tappers in less than two weeks....He was lucky. The people on the list backed out, he was a good costumer and happened to have great timing. I tried to get one for me (even through him) and could not even get a timeline. Does that change the fact that they are difficult to get? No.

I just got a Hulk, Like Foo2rama stated, in under an hour from the time I decided to pull the trigger. (plus an overnight delivery) but I paid considerably more than I would at the store.

I don't think this disagreement makes Donfiore a Troll, nor is Foo2rama wrong with his reality check. There are plenty of exceptions tot the rule but they are just that; exceptions.

Edited Feb 21, 2020
    Evose, Evitzee and Foo2rama like this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 21, 2020

I don’t think he’s a troll. I just think when called on it they balked. Wow I am surprised Tappers had a GMT not spoken for already. Perhaps production is going up or the demand is dropping.

@Nobel Prize congrats, any reason you went Hulk over Kermit? I thought they are about the same price.

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 21, 2020

I like the Kermit, but really liked the green dial of the Hulk. Better bezel on the Kermit though and perhaps better classic proportions on the case but since I have a couple of other subs I figured I could live with one modern one.

Yeah, I was surprised too at the Tappers but I think a lot aligned for him and he is a good friend of the store. As I said, they did not have it for "me" :)

Funny thing is, here in Michigan at sommerset they had not one but three Hulks on display a little over a year ago. My wife said I should get it but instead I got a blue DJ.

I have gone back a few times with no luck for either the Hulk, Daytona or Sky Dweller.

To your point I also tried NYC, Toronto, Chicago, Madrid, Miami and Lisbon with no luck whatsoever.

Foo2rama likes this.
  13. Partagas Feb 21, 2020

I did see a TT Daytona and a Sky Dweller on display at an AD yesterday. Not 100% sure if the Sky Dweller was stainless though. I was there to look at Speedy's, not Rolex.

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 21, 2020

You can find Sky Dwellers easy, just not eh SS blue dial.

Foo2rama likes this.
  15. Evitzee Feb 21, 2020

TT Daytona's have always popped up in showcases, as do gold ones. The steel versions are another story.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 21, 2020

i heard to get on the list for a SS Sky Dweller you have to buy the gold one first. Man the SS SD is a great watch.

17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 21, 2020

I don't know how it works, but I know a the Sky Dweller is an amazing piece with, really, the most complicated movement Rolex can manage and, outside of the brand, a great complication all together.

At 14G is it expensive, at 25G it is ludicrous. I guess if I had a friend that wanted the gold I could buy both and sell them the gold, but otherwise it is just crazy to buy both.

Foo2rama likes this.
  18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 21, 2020

To add colour to the thread AB68AD74-921D-47E0-A1F5-70A68064CA42.jpeg

19. jankymutt Feb 21, 2020

Thank you for adding something besides garbage to this trash fire of a thread!! ::facepalm1::

watch3s, Nobel Prize and Foo2rama like this.