Forums Latest Members

Ever Get Distracted? A Thread Drift Thread

1. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Mar 14, 2023

I was only going to wear one watch on this Tuesday, but I really should keep the after shave away from the toothpaste. It has a horrible taste. D92EBC5C-2966-47C2-9BF5-2838C2B55CAC.jpeg Gonna be drinking lots of water and chewing gum today… D0F39C4E-6DBE-422C-9C63-6E40376DD5FF.jpeg

Dogart1983, Vitezi, flw and 17 others like this.
  2. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Mar 14, 2023

Minty, one might say?

….that’s a dab behind the ears!

kkt, Omegafanman and Duracuir1 like this.
  3. Canuck Mar 14, 2023

I know what you mean! At 5:40 this am, I needed a pen. I did what I had to do, but was unable to remember where I had put the lid for the pen. Found it in my LEFT hand! :confused:

Dogart1983, Mark020, Vitezi and 6 others like this.
  4. RI Omega Fan Mar 14, 2023

Distracted, or not quite awake yet? Have another cup of coffee, then brush - with toothpaste!

noelekal and Duracuir1 like this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 14, 2023

Could have been worse. Could have been the Preparation-H or the Desitin.

I find that my mind leads me through a distracted life.

6. YY77 Mar 14, 2023

Have you ever had 2 tsp of salt instead of sugar in your tea.::facepalm1::

smorrisonmd, Geezer, Faz and 4 others like this.
  7. JwRosenthal Mar 14, 2023

Cereal goes back in the pantry and milk in the fridge- not the other way around.

wagudc, mydeafcat, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 14, 2023

Drove home from work a way I rarely drive home from work the other day. ( but know it well as drive home from other parts of town )
    Missed the turn off by about 2km before I realised “where the ::censored:: am I”

mydeafcat, DaveK, noelekal and 2 others like this.
  9. JwRosenthal Mar 14, 2023

Mental auto-pilot is pretty amazing. I have had mornings where I realized I didn’t remember any of the drive. I have wondered if someone had jumped in front of my car if I would have actually noticed.

Olhenry56, Mark020, mydeafcat and 3 others like this.
  10. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Mar 14, 2023

I am thankful that I don’t need Preparation H and to not even know what Desitin is for.

StudebakerHawk, DaveK and noelekal like this.
  11. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 14, 2023

Me too on the Preperation-H and especially the Desitin which is a remedy for diaper rash, having a fish oil base.

Am far too old to rear up babies (declared with a shudder).

UncleBuck and Duracuir1 like this.
  12. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 14, 2023

Could do worse. I came home from the office one afternoon and put a Colt .45 automatic in the refrigerator, bigger'n life, and I was only in my 20s at the time!

lindo, StudebakerHawk, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  13. Aroxx Sets his watch Mar 14, 2023

Adult diapers? ;)

You would have noticed and you would have remembered. The brain just discards the memory of crap it deems not worth remembering. This is also why time seems to fly when you’re older and do the same shit everyday for years. None of it is noteworthy and just gets thrown out. Variety and novelty is the key.

noelekal and JwRosenthal like this.
  14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 14, 2023

Some years ago my brother visited from interstate and that afternoon we decided to prepare a proper salsa to have before dinner while everyone else relaxed with drinks.
    We'd had a few beers while chopping up ingredients and I went to the fridge for two more beers, put them on the bench and then my bladder called, so off to relieve the pressure and back to the kitchen, washed my hands and back to chopping chillies.

After a minute or so I started noticing a burning sensation "down there", which got progressively hotter and hotter and I actually had to go for a cold shower.
    It didn't help much but looking back on it now, I'm glad I gave people so much amusement that evening.

Geezer, mydeafcat, Duracuir1 and 4 others like this.
  15. BAJJ Mar 14, 2023

Sorry, what was the question

kkt, DrmexicoII, Duracuir1 and 2 others like this.
  16. JwRosenthal Mar 14, 2023

Done the same chopping jalapeños in an un-air conditioned kitchen when I was in college, chopping then sweeping my
    hair and sweat off my brow. The sweat ran into my eyes and that’s when the fun began. I will say that jalapeño is a great exfoliator- my skin was so smooth after that chemical burn.

noelekal likes this.
  17. RevZMan123 Mar 14, 2023

Squirrel!

We all have adult ADHD here.

DrmexicoII likes this.
  18. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 14, 2023

Adult diapers?

Could happen!

I prefer Sherlock Holmes' tenet over my acknowledgement of distraction.

I consider that a man’s brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose.

A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands upon it. Now the skillful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic. He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.”

Sherlock Holmes to Doctor John H. Watson from "A Study In Scarlet"

[​IMG]

RevZMan123, Omegafanman and Duracuir1 like this.
  19. Walrus Mar 14, 2023

I went onto Amazon to order a label maker. By the time I was done I had a seiko srpe41, a new Beatles hat and a strap in my cart. I still don’t know how it happened I just wanted a label maker.

Mark020, Thommas, noelekal and 3 others like this.
  20. JwRosenthal Mar 14, 2023

And I assume you forgot to buy the label maker

kkt, noelekal and RevZMan123 like this.