Forums Latest Members

What Non-Watch Brands Are You Intensely Loyal To?

1. w154 Jan 12, 2020

Yorkshire Tea, Uniqlo, Lego... and Omega Forums :D

Davidt, noelekal and Larry S like this.
  2. Huus Jan 12, 2020

Bushells tea
    Arnotts scotch bread
    Toyota L'Cruiser (7th)
    Makita tools till they started fabrication in China and the quality went south
    Blundstone work booths till again overseas production let us down
    King Gee drill shorts and closed front shirts still a favorite after 38 years though overseas production also affected their quality for some years.

queriver likes this.
  3. YY77 Jan 12, 2020

Santoni shoes modelno 07416 (great look and wear)
    Edwin jeans selvage (great price)

chronos likes this.
  4. nzshadow Stowaway Jan 12, 2020

Carhartt
    Wusthoff
    Vans
    Toyota
    Blue Note
    Stax
    Motown
    Rancilio

Benbradstock likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 12, 2020

Having a Rancilio Silvia V3 for about 5 years I would have to agree on this.

6. chronos Jan 12, 2020

Montblanc (fountain pens)
    Leuchtturm, Moleskin, Paperblanks (notebooks)
    Mazda cars
    Apple
    American Spirit
    Boss

7. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 12, 2020

Calling @Mad Dog
    I am trying to talk my 16 year old daughter into this beast as her first car. I know you have brand loyalty to the mighty Interceptor.
    [​IMG]

Is $3500 with a 100k miles fair?. https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/brea-ford-crown-victoria-police/7052608449.html

PS I think I want it more than she does.
    [​IMG]

8. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 12, 2020

They cost a little more after these guys jumped in. I have found the more costly the glasses, the less likely I am to loose them. Knocking on wood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spruce and wagudc like this.
  9. CJpickup57 Jan 12, 2020

Top 10 movie quotes ever. "We're on a mission from God."

watchknut, wagudc and kingsrider like this.
  10. RI Omega Fan Jan 12, 2020

Don’t forget this Persol-wearing cool guy~

upload_2020-1-12_10-25-15.jpeg

11. Lenny Pepperidge Jan 12, 2020

Along with Barbour I'd add

Clothing:
    Allen Edmonds shoes
    Gloverall wool coats

In the kitchen:
    Wusthof knives
    Emile Henry bakeware
    Staub enameled cast iron
    All-Clad cookware.

Furniture:
    Room & Board

Dearly departed companies of which I own some vintage examples include Griswold and Wagner cast iron pans and the glorious Evergleam Aluminum Christmas Tree Company of Manitowac, Wisconsin.

I'm loyal to these things not because of branding or any so-called prestige. My loyalty is due to the fact that I think they're exceptionally well made, their core products haven't been off-shored to low wage countries and properly cared for will last a lifetime. Should those conditions ever drop, so would my loyalty.

Edited Jan 12, 2020
    noelekal and Muddlerminnow like this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 12, 2020

There are very few things in my life I would do that for...lifesaving medicine maybe, but for a theme park ride? Hell no!

janice&fred and BradleyJ. like this.
  13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 12, 2020

Thanks for the inspiration to buy some Nike stuff!

Benbradstock, ICONO, Davidt and 4 others like this.
  14. hanky6 Jan 12, 2020

Coca Cola

Never ever Pepsi.

BlackTalon and BradleyJ. like this.
  15. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 12, 2020

Surprisingly, or perhaps not, at least a few of my favorites have already been mentioned. But I'll elaborate.

I have owned a couple of Arc’teryx jackets for many years, and they function as good as new. Obviously very high-quality outdoor gear.

I was an early Patagonia customer, and have several jackets, one of which I bought in the early '80s, and it still looks and functions very well. I haven't checked recently, but they had lifetime guarantees on their gear for a long time, and I took full advantage twice. One was a jacket that was over 20 years old. The zipper broke, so I brought in into a shop, and a couple of weeks later it had been repaired at no cost. The second was when I was in New Zealand several years ago, and had a problem with the telescoping handle of my primary (and large) suitcase. I contacted Patagonia, and, while the item was purchased in the U.S., they gave me a number of a local man (in Wellington) who picked up the case, repaired it and dropped it off the next day. The charge was ~$30. Remarkably good support.

I am also an Icebreaker merino wool fan. Many of their products are no longer 100% wool, but the quality is still high, and I use their socks and shirts on a very regular basis.

Emile Henry bakeware – yes! And some of their designs can be used stove-top as well. Superb.

Swarovski binoculars. Brilliant in low light, and ergonomically superb. Very expensive, but I used them for many years while working with racehorses. Outstanding customer service, as well.

More recently, I have become a very loyal customer of Kuhl clothes – their pants in particular. Tough as nails, extremely comfortable and practical, reasonably priced, and the best customers service that I have experienced over the past 15 years or so.

argonbeam and Muddlerminnow like this.
  16. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 12, 2020

Apple

17. bigdubnick Jan 12, 2020

Will add a few that I don’t believe have been mentioned yet but I’ve come to love for their high quality, durability and design...

Topo Designs - Colorado based clothing coming that makes durable gear. Love their ‘dirt shirt’ line.

Fjallraven - Bomb proof outdoor gear that I need to survive the winter excursions and summer hikes.

Outlier - Merino wool clothing...really expensive for a t shirt but when you can wear it for a week without washing....the math makes sense to me.

Frye Boots - have a pair I’ve worn almost every day of the fall and winter for 3 years in every condition. They are amazingly comfy and resilient.

Vans - Cheap and stylish...finding they are my favorite shoes that I can buy a couple pairs and not care about what happens to them.

Hyundai - our two cars are Hyundai. I have kids. Having any expensive vehicle would make me insane with the way they instantly trash nice things. Plus I’ve found Hyundai to be super reliable and doesn’t suck to drive (and it’s not a minivan (technically))

ebrohman likes this.
  18. Omegafanman Jan 12, 2020

Mountain Hardwear
    Cross Pens
    Apple (god help me)
    Golden Head wallets
    Sony
    Volvo
    Microsoft (god help me but at least I bought shares early)
    Lumix/Fuji
    HP Sauce

19. BradleyJ. Jan 12, 2020

The wife and I are still kids at heart and when a new ride opens we go for opening week (or within 2 weeks if life doesnt allow promptness) Here's a pic time stamped for 6am that morning. Gates aren't even open yet. You only see this when a ride is new. Second picture is me later that day after waking up at 5am. (The wife asked to be edited out due to "I look terrible in that one" haha)

20191212_061053.jpg 20200112_120046.jpg
    queriver, DaveK and CJpickup57 like this.
  20. Njnjcfp88 Jan 12, 2020

Kuhl
    Cariloha
    Apple
    Kirkland
    Mercedes Benz
    Bartorelli
    Bose