Forums Latest Members

What Non-Watch Brands Are You Intensely Loyal To?

1. wagudc Jan 11, 2020

Let's see:

Toyota because they just keep going.

Costco because of their prices and they treat their employees well.

Wigwam Socks because I like them and they are union made in the USA.

Puma cleats because they fit my wide feet.

La Riojana wines because I have humble tastes in wine, it's cheap, organic and fair trade.

Amazon because it is so ridiculously convenient, the selection, and the reviews can be very helpful.

DaveK likes this.
  2. Partagas Jan 11, 2020

Glock is a brand I've bought and liked for a long time...they just always go bang when they should, super reliable. I also like Balvenie for Scotch...good stuff!

MtnBkr and Texans93 like this.
  3. wagudc Jan 11, 2020

What do they typically go for? I am prone to loosing sunglasses.

joeshoup likes this.
  4. Evitzee Jan 11, 2020

Looks like in the $300+ range according to their website.

wagudc likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 11, 2020

Do have plenty of companies I do support. But more of preferred.

Spyderco knives Is about the only company I would be loyal to as in dig their products

Icebreaker clothing, merino wool light weight jocks and T-Shirts ( converted a few years ago to the properties of light weight wool as being better than cotton in a humid environment. Skeptic at first until trying. )

Otis sunglasses for mineral glass lenses ( have tried many companies over the years and these things last and are the glasses you want when you put sunglasses on when you leave in the morning and wear all day in the tropics )

Shimano and Daiwa fishing gear.

Honda outboard motors

O-Light flashlights

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 11, 2020

Charmin, because we just keep going.

kkt, Benbradstock, Deafboy and 5 others like this.
  7. OmegaRookie Jan 11, 2020

Ford F-150, Krieghoff and Silver Seitz shotguns, Apple, Kraft Peanut Butter, (smooth), Shimano reels, St. Croix rods, Ranger Boats. That’s all I can think of for now....

watchknut likes this.
  8. wagudc Jan 11, 2020

I have a pair of icebreaker long underwear bottoms that I love. I use them for cold weather running with shorts on top. I have used them so hard in there is such a big hole in the crotch, they are more like chaps now.

9. mswilks Jan 11, 2020

I can only think of three things. Drake's of London (ties), Mission tortilla chips, and Blue Bell ice cream.

10. kip595 Jan 11, 2020

Brooks Brothers for clothes, Colt or S&W for sidearms, Spyderco for knives, Laban, Waterman, and Parker for pens, RayBan and Persols for sunglasses, and, more recently, Johnston & Murphy shoes. They always seem to have a style that works fd perfectly for me and their sizing, for me, seems consistent across all their styles.

Oh, and ketchup. ALWAYS Heinz Ketchup.

Pun likes this.
  11. MRC Jan 11, 2020

Photos or it didn't.......

...... ignore last transmission!

12. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 11, 2020

Perazzi
    Toyota
    Moccamaster
    Miele
    Lunor

13. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 11, 2020

HP Sauce, can think of nothing else where I would not consider other brands. Oh my Kindle, I do like Kindle and have never even considered using a different brand of e-reader.

Edward53 and Larry S like this.
  14. lillatroll Jan 11, 2020

Lipton yellow label tea, not because it is particularly good, but I have always been able to find it where ever I have lived in the world.
    Birkenstock sandals, very comfortable after they are worn in a bit.
    Levi jeans, last a long time, and I can get them in a 30” leg.
    Heinz Baked beans and Heinz Ketchup
    Timberland Boots, current pair I have had for nearly 10 years although I did not use them in Kuwait or Malawi as it would have been too hot.
    I am not sure I would be loyal to a brand just for the sake of being loyal to a brand. There are plenty of brands that I used to buy consistently but because of issues with the product I have stopped buying them. I can t see any reason to spend money on something if it fails to live up to expectations.

gatorcpa and STANDY like this.
  15. queriver Jan 12, 2020

Icebreaker - have about 8->10 base layer pieces bought over a number of years for cold weather: long and short sleeve T-shirts of different weights and long johns. Used to be NZL owned and well priced but I think they were bought by a US company. I need to keep my current stock going because the current prices are challenging my loyalty

Secrid wallets - won't bother considering another brand

Breville espresso machines - on my second and remain loyal

Miele - work well and seem to last for ever. Just bought a vacuum cleaner to add to our Miele kitchen appliances. Our dishwasher must be 15+years old and still looks like new.

Used to always automatically buy Gillette razors until their stupid toxic masculinity campaign. Now I refuse to buy their products so loyalty has its limits for me.

16. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 12, 2020

Ford, Schwinn, G&S [Gordon & Smith], Kraft, Axe, Dunkin’ Donuts and Hooters.

The only image I can find at the moment is a homemade Axe gif...sorry...

6CBCD656-BEB2-43AB-BECC-5886B72F2798.gif

17. Rumar89 Jan 12, 2020

Tide
    Charmin
    Brooks Brothers (dress shirts)
    Old Spice
    Bosch
    Apple
    Colgate
    General (snus)
    BMW
    Sabah
    Laphroaig
    Barbour
    Fromm (dog food)

18. abrod520 Jan 12, 2020

Jack Black skincare - antiperspirant deodorant that will never cause itching or irritation. It was so fantastic that I automatically switched to them for all bathing and shave stuff. The Beard Lube shave lotion is also wonderful.

Bruichladdich - always pleasant, haven't had a bad version of the Port Charlotte yet.

Copperworks Distillery - from Seattle. They've been making single malt whiskys for a couple of years now, and they're improving at a ridiculous rate. Lovely guys too.

Windows laptops - because I'm an adult and prefer not to work on a toy with a light-up fruit on the front. (Notable exception for Dells, which are cheap underpowered limited-lifespan trash)

Sony electronics - they just don't quit. I'm really disappointed that they no longer make the Vaio laptop because my last one was so good, the only reason I replaced it was because it was 10 years old and it was time. My Bravia TV is in the same category; the picture is a little dark and I hear that that's common with them, so :/ ... and yet I'm disinclined to go with another manufacturer when the time comes to move on.

Apple iPhones - because they just f ::censored:: in' work. They've made some shite models over the years, but when they're good - they're good.

The Property Of.... - leather goods. I love their bag designs and quality. Bought my wallet from them, and when I needed a pouch to keep receipts, I knew who I was going to.

John Varvatos (mostly shoes but sometimes jeans) - they know how I want to look. Most of their offerings are a bit "wannabe-rock-star" but in each season collection there's a very mature, put-together sensibility in some of the pieces. And the shoes last forever. I've got a pair of suede chukkas I really like that I've had for 10 years now, and have only had to re-sole them / replace the laces once.

The New York Times - because they care about the truth.

New York Magazine and related websites - because I really enjoy their sensibility and trust their taste, especially with TV and movie reviews.

The National Weather Service (U.S. NOAA) - skip the fancy nonsense and just get the forecast.

Google Maps - say what you will about its parent company, but this tool is absolutely invaluable.

Taffy Brodesser-Akner - a wonderful writer. Lovely longform journalism, and even her profiles of celebrities are interesting and touching.

Drew Magary - same as above, very heartfelt and funny writing.

Tide - no real brand loyalty, but it's just what I automatically buy. Maybe it's the advertising? Though I do like the cold-water formulation since it's better for the environment and also for not shrinking my favorite T-shirts

---

The list likely goes on; I'm the kind of dude who will stick with a brand if they've proven themselves to be of good quality.

19. joeshoup Jan 12, 2020

I too adore Persol but the cost is a bit much for glasses I will 100% lose within a year...

wagudc likes this.
  20. SwissMe Jan 12, 2020

Dell Notebooks
    Samsung Smartphones
    Puch Bicycles
    Buschbeck Grills
    Landmann Smoker
    Volvo Cars

Omegafanman likes this.