Forums Latest Members

What Non-Watch Brands Are You Intensely Loyal To?

1. JwRosenthal Nov 10, 2020

Don’t forget Thorogood boots, also made in Wisconsin- I own both Chippewa and Thorogood- great boots for very reasonable money.

rjdemarco likes this.
  2. riimar Nov 10, 2020

Sony electronics
    Shimano fishing gear
    Toyota
    Siemens coffee machines
    Hendricks gin
    Hoka shoes
    Parajumpers jackets
    T.Hilfiger clothes

Petroleum likes this.
  3. gbesq Nov 10, 2020

Mazda. Great cars that drive way above their price class. Apple. Costco. Weber. Delta Kayaks. Calphalon. Clarke’s and Rockport. Levi’s. Pentax. Yuengling. Penn fishing reels. Bombay gin. North Face.

Edited Nov 11, 2020
  4. SkunkPrince Nov 10, 2020

Schlitz beer, and Victorinox knives and accessories.

5. Charlemagne1333 Nov 10, 2020

I’m hearin’ ya

riimar likes this.
  6. SkunkPrince Nov 10, 2020

I was pleasantly surprised by New Amsterdam... nice change. I do like Tanquerey but it's definitely not boutique.

7. loudbryan44 Nov 10, 2020

weber and other companies that are still Made in the USA

SkunkPrince likes this.
  8. Thrasher36 Nov 10, 2020

Dodge, Jaguar, Audi, Volkswagen, Disneyland Anaheim, Repsol and Honda, Sig Sauer, Colt, OMEGA! Asus, Yamaha Electronics and Motorcycles, America, France, Craftsman, Dewalt, Weber, Samsung, GE, Bosch, Cats, Women, Money, Exercise, Tequila, Margaritas, King Crab, Rib eye, Prime Rib, ...Things like that!

noelekal likes this.
  9. arkman Nov 10, 2020

Allen Edmonds, Weber, Honda, and of course, Omega!

Tyro Rex and noelekal like this.
  10. SkunkPrince Nov 10, 2020

Still made in Port Washington, Wisconsin!

rjdemarco likes this.
  11. rjdemarco Nov 10, 2020

Such a great topic. People become brand loyal for various reasons and with respect to Omega watches, quality, performance, and history are core tenets of brand loyalty. Ultimately the way a watch makes the wearer feel is the ultimate determinant of marketing and design success. We are emotional creatures and these watches evoke emotions when we wear or look at them. Some of these emotions come from a narrative that we consciously or unconsciously buy-in to. Others are based on a deeper connection and appreciation with beautiful design. How does your watch make You feel when you wear it!?

12. SkunkPrince Nov 10, 2020

This is my dependable friend. We have had adventures together.

13. stogie530 Nov 10, 2020

These been the constants in my life for nearly 30 years, so guess that makes them brands that I'm most loyal to.

Jockey white and black tees - have 20 of each and they are going on 5 years with no signs of wear, fit as good now as they did new.

Frye and Alden boots - have a pair of each and both are easily 10+ years old. Wear one or the other everyday, just get them resoled every 3 or so years.

Levi jeans - classics, no explanation needed

Adidas and Vans

Yuengling Lager - Fridge is always stocked.... Pennsylvania proud

14. SkunkPrince Nov 10, 2020

Much as I like my Wisconsin beer, Yuengling is popular for a reason. Very tasty! I almost wish they sold it here too.

15. stogie530 Nov 10, 2020

They recently announced they're going to be selling it in Michigan so might be coming to WI soon. Enjoy a good Leinenkugel's every now and again.

16. SkunkPrince Nov 10, 2020

Anecdote!

A friend and I went to an event in Milwaukee, "The world's largest office party" or some such, at Christmas time. Celebrities would be there acting as hosts, etc.

Went up to a man selling beer, and I asked him, "Can I have a Leinie's please?"

He nodded, poured my beer, and put out his hand. "Hi, I'm Jake Leinenkugel!"

Jake and I were connected that evening. I went nowhere else for beer, and when he saw me, he jumped up to get my next beer.

The beer was, in case you're wondering, Leinenkugel's Original. Not one of the special ones. Though they used to make one called Autumn Gold. It tasted like a forest in fall in northern Wisconsin looked. Broke my heart when they discontinued it, and it hasn't been back since.

17. Marsimaxam Nov 10, 2020

Apple, Adidas, Matsuda, Ralph Lauren, Darn Tough, Sony, North Face, Sportiqe, and Jockey

18. Scooterino36 Nov 10, 2020

Brands that immediately come to mind especially this time of year:

L.L. Bean
    New Balance
    Red Wing
    Vermont Flannel Co.
    Weber grills
    Cabot cheese

19. Stewart A Nov 11, 2020

I'm very loyal to a few "local SoCal " area brands such as Fatburger, Primo's Donuts, The Coffee Bean and Tea leaf, and The Hat - for pastrami and chili fires - the absolute best - can you see how I determine my loyalties, through my stomach. Other brands include such as Infiniti, Diet Pepsi, Peet's Coffee. :thumbsup:

Dr No likes this.
  20. Concer Nov 11, 2020

- Apple
    - The Bridge (very nice quality of leather for daily products - purses, weekend bags, briefcases...)
    - Replay (best and most comfortable pants I've ever worn)
    - Boda Skins (leatherjackets)
    - "Neues Schwarz" (my coffeeroaster of trust here in my hometown)