Forums Latest Members

What Non-Watch Brands Are You Intensely Loyal To?

1. SwissMe Jan 31, 2020

I know what you mean, I am also looking for one... Thanks to OF :)

2. ericjasman Feb 2, 2020

Lexus, Nike and titos (vodka for dog people)

3. Om3ga321 Feb 2, 2020

Mercedes AMG's
    Lagavulin

Pun likes this.
  4. alikara Feb 4, 2020

Apple

5. Lurk41 Feb 4, 2020

Not sure I will ever be "intensely loyal" to a brand but here's a few I like

La Belle Cabresse, Charrette, and Karukera
    Caol Ila
    Kasteel
    Mons Royale. Until recently I thought Icebreaker was really good, then I tried the NZ stuff...
    Logitech
    Saucony shoes
    Alfa Romeo, when they built their own chassis and engines. A car can be faster, more reliable, more fuel efficient than an Alfa, but it is only a car. An Alfa, that is something else

1st for softness, 2nd for crispness. Can't beat french fries done the belgium way :)

6. Engee Feb 4, 2020

I suppose I should admit to being a teensy bit of a footwear fetishist. I have three long adored pairs of Crockett and Jones shoes, and an equally well loved pair of Red Wing Beckman boots. Both brands of the sort of quality I would class alongside Omega.

UncleBuck likes this.
  7. Observer I know nothing! Feb 4, 2020

Caldera Brewing, Johnny Walker, Highland Park...

I had to rack my brain to come up with anything not alcohol related:
    Gillette

8. Alfista88 Feb 4, 2020

Shake Shack
    Crockett & Jones
    Taylor of Old Bond Street
    illy
    We'll see how long I can keep this last one up after the FCA merger, but after 2 Alfa Romeo's, I can't imagine owning any other car brand!

IMG_9013 copy.jpg

Tyro Rex likes this.
  9. UCZ_15 Nov 9, 2020

Parker
    I can't tell you how many times I've bought the all stainless steel jotter pen and multiple black ink refills. I take personal issue and offence to sh*tty pens. It has always been a pet peeve.

LG
    I only buy LG monitors and televisions. Doesn't matter what tech the other giants bring to the table - all my peripherals have been LG for the last dozen years. Never a dead pixel. Never a slow or dimwitted interface. Never a dull display. I just really get on with LG monitors and televisions.

Aveeno
    I can't explain what it is, but its my moisturiser of choice. Maybe I'm allergic to things I don't know about? Whatever they are, Aveeno doesn't contain any of them. I don't get any weird redness or rash when I use it. Score.

Apple
    This is for my personal use. Phones, tablets and laptops. I can't have anything else. I simply don't believe anything else comes close. I have used many Windows laptops, Android tablets and Android phones so I've been through the disappointment of finding out you can customise everything but the simple things don't really come together to give a smooth experience.
    [custom built Windows PCs are the exception]

Nike
    I don't buy any other trainers/sneakers - and I never have. The only non-Nike trainers I have ever owned are two pairs of Yeezys. I can't find the same comfort and familiarity outside of my trusty AF1s and AM1/97/90s. Everything else I've ever tried on has been a let down in some way or another. Its become a staple for me.

Logitech

Webcams, keyboards and mice. I'm sure better ones exist out there in the world (especially for standalone things such as gaming) but I can't get away from Logitech. They just get it right. Logitech things have always worked for me.

Omega
    It is probably a bit early to throw this one in the mix as I only own one luxury watch (an Omega Aqua Terra) that I bought 6 weeks ago. I never owned a watch over £200 before this. Needless to say, I firmly believe my next watch will be an Omega. And the next one after that. I like the pricepoints for stainless steel models. I like the availability of watches. I like that I don't have to play the Rolex games or build pointless, empty relationships. I don't have to buy anything else to get the thing I want. I also just like the direction Omega have taken with their METAS co-axial chronometer movements.

I have my eyes on a 39.5mm Planet Ocean. After that, I want to get a Speedmaster. All in good time! For now, I have a one watch collection but I don't really look elsewhere when I think about what I want to add to it. I gravitate back to Omega. I just like what they're doing right now. A few things bug me like odd lug widths, and massive watches (most of which don't fit me) but I'm sure they'll get there one day when they figure out display casebacks aren't necessary and the co-axial movements can be thinner with a few more million euros of R&D...

Anker
    Fast-charging wall plugs and charging cables. I've never had one go boom on me. Quality is nice. Packaging is nice. They always work.

Barton Watch Bands
    Quick release silicone bands in all lug widths (even odd ones) for £20 a pop. I own almost a dozen. Amongst my family and friends, there are probably a dozen more. We love them. I'm wearing one right now. Can't go wrong.

10. wilderbeast Nov 9, 2020

Steinway
    Mollard
    Apple
    Bose
    Simon Carter
    Original Penguin
    Liz Earle
    Penhaligons
    Visconti ink
    Honest Burgers
    Lagavulin
    Guinness

Edited Nov 28, 2020
  11. khanmu Nov 9, 2020

Crockett & Jones, Levi’s, RayBans, Barbour, Havaianas, Fruit of the Loom, Chateau Musar, Ridge, Sassicaia, O’Shaunessy, Jim N Tonic, Glenlivet, Boisdale, Marmite, Naim, Linn, Apple, Acqua Di Parma, Lizi’s Granola, Fornasetti, The BBC, and vintage Belstaff (before the Italians got it and ruined it)

I had to whittle down the booze list..

The family would like to add: Mulberry, Penhaligons, John Lewis, KitchenAid, Miele, Volvo, L’Occitane Disney, Airfix/Hornby, Lego, and Chocoloney

Edited Nov 17, 2020
    ZIELSZIEK and wilderbeast like this.
  12. rjdemarco Nov 9, 2020

Boston Whaler boats.
    Stickley Furniture

I value quality and craftsmanship even if it costs a little more. In the long run you spend less.

64Wing and JwRosenthal like this.
  13. JwRosenthal Nov 9, 2020

Lol! The other night I was watching a documentary where protestors on a river capsized and I looked at my lady and said - they should have had a Boston Whaler.

Tyro Rex, 64Wing and rjdemarco like this.
  14. kcgunner Nov 9, 2020

Apple and Benchmade

15. SkunkPrince Nov 9, 2020

I prefer items made in Wisconsin. There are a lot of them.

I am also a fan of Apple, and also Sennheiser.

16. rjdemarco Nov 9, 2020

SpeedQueen Washing Machines. Made in Wisconsin. Talk about quality! Also Chippewa Boots!

17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 9, 2020

Wait to you try Spyderco ;)

18. Csradawg Nov 9, 2020

Marlboro, Trojan and Tito’s

19. wagudc Nov 10, 2020

I am sold on Schiit Audio. Such a cool company. Who else builds audio equipment in the USA at this price point? My little Schitt stack and raspberry pi computer music player for kitchen tunes.

20201109_190653.jpg

64Wing and JwRosenthal like this.
  20. zwjk Nov 10, 2020

Not a brand per se, but I really love my Adidas Ultraboost shoes. I think I’ve worn them 6 out 7 days for 5 years straight :D

roman9662 likes this.