Forums Latest Members

What Non-Watch Brands Are You Intensely Loyal To?

1. mattonthewater Jan 19, 2020

Toyota/Lexus, Apple

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jan 19, 2020

Carhartt/Redwings/Klein tools (from distant memories).
    Pre-China Volvo's.
    Jeeps
    Marie Sharp's Habanero sauce.
    Zoom fishing bait.

1.jpg

noelekal, SwissMe and MMMD like this.
  3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jan 19, 2020

After the third kid I became intensely loyal to Durex

flw, Pun, gatorcpa and 12 others like this.
  4. Lenny Pepperidge Jan 19, 2020

Since I had to pick up a tub yesterday, I'll add DR Harris shaving creams and aftershave balms to my list.

5. OmegaRookie Jan 19, 2020

I laughed out loud at this. :);)

redpcar and MMMD like this.
  6. MRC Jan 19, 2020

queriver, Archer and MMMD like this.
  7. Yak1 Jan 19, 2020

Marmot. Patagonia. Darn Tough.

8. SouthernScot Jan 19, 2020

I’m with you on Persol sunglasses, been wearing them for years. Currently have two pairs in different styles.

9. vitriol Jan 19, 2020

A history of my cars is split between Volvo and Audi, phones were split between Samsung and Motorola (I have had an episode with iPhone but wery quickly i-thing turned out to be unintuitive for me).
    I had a number of TYR swimming goggles, Wolfskin outdoor clothes and Sebago shoes.
    Those are the items which I have chosen again because I was happy with the item when I bought it for the first time. Not hardcore loyalty to the brands here.

Fragrance is the only area where I am trully devoted to the particular products. I keep looping between Dior's "Fahrenheit", "Homme" and Hermes "Terre d'Hermes". Yea Fahrenheit is oldskool as hell but still is my most favourite :)

Edited Jan 20, 2020
  10. vitriol Jan 19, 2020

Care to post a photo? Never seen how Kangaroo leather gets long in the tooth.

11. bigsom Jan 19, 2020

I only use Hermès saddles.

shishy and MikeMan2727 like this.
  12. osc Jan 19, 2020

I've always had the tendency to "try one of every brand" but there are some that break the mold:
    1. Vehicles - now a huge fan of the new Genesis brand and it's parent company, Hyundai. Great value for the dollar.
    2. Clothing - Crockett & Jones for shoes / boots. I have pairs that are 10+ years old and still going strong (all original)
    3. Luggage - Briggs & Riley (sturdy, backed by a lifetime warranty).

Lenny Pepperidge likes this.
  13. JwRosenthal Jan 19, 2020

Didn’t even think of shaving gear for my list-
    Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream
    Proraso pre- cream and post balm
    Muhle razors
    Simpson brushes
    Intensely loyal doesn’t even describe how I feel about the above- I have tried everything else under the sun- these are the best of the best

noelekal and Lenny Pepperidge like this.
  14. queriver Jan 19, 2020

Brilliant! Or put your trust in a really good surgeon.

MMMD likes this.
  15. Lenny Pepperidge Jan 19, 2020

I'm a loyal Allen Edmonds guy, but I really want a pair of Crockett & Jones. I'm waiting for the next time that I'm in London though. Like my first Barbour, I want to go to the source.

noelekal and osc like this.
  16. osc Jan 19, 2020

AE is a good. C&J and the other English brands are another level. If you are based out of the US, you can try out Peal & Co (made by C&J) at Brooks Brothers - they are getting phased out, so can be had on a good discount (especially the cordovan).

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/d...others-Site/default/Search-Show?q=peal & co.®

17. Lenny Pepperidge Jan 19, 2020

DR Harris is my top choice, but I've used and love Taylor, Castle Forbes and Truefitt & Hill. For razors, I'm a vintage Gillette guy with Japanese Feather blades. Rooney brushes. I don't do it often, but I have two vintage straights, one of which is a Wade & Butcher.

noelekal likes this.
  18. Lenny Pepperidge Jan 19, 2020

We have a Church's boutique in Chicago, but no C&J. I've browsed the website, and offerings are so extensive, I'm really holding out to do a proper shopping experience and fitting at one of the London locations.

19. osc Jan 19, 2020

It's a great experience. If you head to NYC, they have a C&J there too.

20. JwRosenthal Jan 19, 2020

I have a few vintage Gillette, used them for years. Found the Muhle has better grip (fatter handle) is more evenly balanced (again- heavier and fatter handle) and found I seem to nick myself less with them for some reason (blade tension, angle of cut, overhang on the blade- who knows).
    I can’t do a strait razor, would love to but I would slit my own throat. My friends joke that I need the round tipped safety scissors you give children otherwise I will cut myself.

noelekal and Lenny Pepperidge like this.