Forums Latest Members

Watches and insurance during shipping // Solution!!

1. No Mercy Oct 21, 2018

I sent PM week ago but not yet receive your reply, may be you are too busy. So I post my questions here, hope you will pass by to answer:
    - In article 7.1.1: the Items must be shipped inside rigid containers. Are plain carton containers rigid enough?
    - In article 7.3: Requirements concerning the value of the Items, as declared to Secursus: the Customer shall declare, to Secursus, the value of the Items carried. This must be backed up either by a commercial invoice or by a certificate of sale between 2 individuals indicating the value of the Items.
    As you know most watches sold by individual collectors dont have commercial invoice or sale certificate, only via private message on forum or email. Are forum's PM or email acceptable as sale certificate?

Best,

2. VersusTime Oct 26, 2018

Hello

I did reply to you by email I think , did you receive my reply ?

3. D.D. Oct 26, 2018

"DHL , Ups and others have completely banned watches from coverage."
    This is rather shocking. Insurance charges are expensive for the courier deliveries.
    Thanks for bringing up attentions to the matter.

SpeedTar and VersusTime like this.
  4. river rat Oct 26, 2018

I thought they were car and house insurance how can you use that as shipping insurance ?

Edited Oct 26, 2018
  5. No Mercy Oct 27, 2018

Yeah thanks, I made first order today.

Best,

SpeedTar likes this.
  6. Rochete Oct 27, 2018

But (mandatory) information "on a custom form" is not the same as information "on the package", is it?

7. VersusTime Oct 27, 2018

We just added in our Terms that the customs form is NOT considered as an indication of the value.
    The form has to be placed just below the airwaybill , therefore only the customs crew will be able to see the value.

NT931 and SpeedTar like this.
  8. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 27, 2018

It is if the customs form is stuck to the outside of the package. ::facepalm1::

9. JC75 Nov 21, 2018

One good question raised up by @No Mercy is about the proof of the value as most of the deals between collectors is through email or direct message on social networks.
    I had a chat with @VersusTime and he mentioned that an email exchange is a proof - email has to be printed out and signed by either the seller or buyer.
    One message have to provide some details about the seller and buyer (I believe OF's nicknames won't be enough :p)

10. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 21, 2018

I personally will wait for the first feedbacks before I start using this service. Waiting for the first lost or stolen package in order to discover how this works in reality :)

JC75, LeonDeBayonne and Archer like this.
  11. LeonDeBayonne Nov 21, 2018

One additional piece of information would be to know how much capital and/or reinsurance is backing this service. Because, if my watch gets lost and my claim is valid, I'd like to know if the service provider will pay, when and on what basis (one email?)

12. VersusTime Nov 21, 2018

Dear Leon ,

The insurance service is backed up by one of the largest insurance company in the shipping industry.
    I just PM you with more details.

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  13. MarD Dec 8, 2018

Just used the service. very easy indeed.

Edited Dec 8, 2018
    SpeedTar likes this.
  14. Katze Dec 17, 2018

Great thanks to the original poster! This seems to be very valuable information!
    I was looking how to insure a valuable watch which I am planning to sell. The costs make selling outside of the UK, where I live, prohibitive for many buyers. Parcel2Go, for example, seems to offer insurance for watches, but only for loss, not damage, at a cost of £12.50 per £250 bracket and up to £10.000! This is £500 for a £10.000 parcel! Securos only charges £60 - at least that is what shows when I preliminarily enter a £10.000 value for my parcel.
    HOWEVER, I am reluctant to enter my CC details into secursus' site, as my chrome browser marks (http://www.secursus.com/account-parcels.php) as not secure!

What to do? I want to give secursus my money, but at what cost?

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 17, 2018

No need to print anything.

A had written bill of sale with the 4 below things
    Amount
    Who from
    Who too
    And a signature

Every government agency has a Minimum Documents Policy.

Biggest thing I see everyday is lazy shippers. The amount of times I have bought a watch that arrives with nothing at all not even a thank you note. Just a watch wrapped in bubble wrap

Socks likes this.
  16. Katze Dec 17, 2018

I just got a very professional email from the founder of Secursus, assuring me that their 'not secure'-website issue is short lived and will be resolved soon.

17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 17, 2018

Now that's funny.

I would reply and ask what happened

What does one email look like.

18. Lbreak Dec 17, 2018

Just registered an account on the website. Took a look at the dashboard, "insure a package" requires the carrier info and shipping tracking number, that means, the insurance could only be purchased after the item is shipped?

Another question, would the original sales invoice of a watch (which has been through multiple owners) be considered as a valid commercial invoice?

19. MaiLollo Dec 17, 2018

When I used secursus I understood that you can only buy the insurance once the watch has been shipped, as you need to input the tracking number for Secursus to issue the insurance.

VersusTime likes this.
  20. Lbreak Dec 17, 2018

I see, thanks!