Forums Latest Members
  1. TexOmega Aug 12, 2016

ATTTT, my other 2852 is better looking in person. But I can't fault either one.

2. TNTwatch Aug 12, 2016

There are two different 10-sided crowns with different dimensions but only one will fit your watch. One way to tell if it will fit is to make measurements. Another way is to post a few pictures of what you have.

3. Edward53 Aug 13, 2016

Oh dear, I wish I hadn't mentioned it now! Unfortunately the essay on Crowns won't open for me but the comments below it give an idea of what it must contain. If Desmond considers he has reliable evidence that Constellations were occasionally retailed with Seamaster-type crowns, that's absolutely good enough for me. On a related note, I have a 551 pie pan with the later SM type of crown (on the page before this one) which I'm sure is original to it, and of course a decagonal crown would make it look better but I'd know I was making an original piece less original and so I wouldn't do it. Anyway IMHO those early SM crowns suit Constellations well in terms of styling. Wear yours proudly and in good health! It's a beauty.

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 13, 2016

IIRC Desmond does write about Seamaster crowns appearing in adverts for the American market -but these tend to be graphic artists renditions not photos of watches
    He concludes that the 10-sided crown was the standard and the concensus appears to be that they didn't go into production with the Seamaster cloverleaf crown but it could also be Norman Morris messing with Connies for the US market as he is reputed to have done
    (so doesn't mean it didn't happen)
    There does seem to be a crown variation for 14381/14393 Connies that appears so often that it may have been a standard crown for a certain period of time (example is first watch shown on this thread amongst others)

The article also sets out the size variation of the decagonal crown -it's all about the crown pipe size as to whether it is a suitable fit
    Hope that helps

5. Kja Aug 13, 2016

I will dig it out and take pictures monday, I'm working a double today and tomorrow. I hope it will fit!

6. SBryantGB Aug 14, 2016

This is my constellation

[​IMG]

Premaster, GregH and ahartfie like this.
  7. Kja Aug 15, 2016

These are two extras I have, the old one doesn't seem as tall?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you guys think either of these would fit?

8. TNTwatch Aug 15, 2016

Can you take pictures of their sides? Do they have the same tube/opening size?

9. Kja Aug 15, 2016

[​IMG]
    All the openings look exactly the same on both..

10. TNTwatch Aug 15, 2016

They would both fit then, but the older one won't be able to seal properly anymore.

11. Kja Aug 15, 2016

Ok thanks so much tntwatch! Now everybody knows I "have" an original crown for it.. I'm sell gonna keep the seamaster crown on it though.. It looks good, and the watch just had a service so I don't want to mess that up. If I ever sell I'll put the "right" one on. I really do appreciate the help very much, you guys are really a bunch of great guys! I'm really glad to have found a place that loves old watches like I do!

12. TNTwatch Aug 15, 2016

The newer and thicker crown is a correct replacement, but it's not a correct period crown since it has the modern logo. Can you show the logo of the crown currently on the watch?

13. Kja Aug 15, 2016

So your saying the thinner one is not correct? Is it for a different constellation? I will take a pic of the seamaster crown tomorrow. I really want the correct old one.. Maybe someone will trade my old one for the one I need?

14. TNTwatch Aug 15, 2016

Sorry, forgot about the thinner one. If you could measure its thickness to be 3.0mm then it's the correct crown. In that case, the thicker one might have an unknown origin, like Chinese made...

15. Kja Aug 16, 2016

Well curiosity got the better of me... And I'm off work so... Turns out the thin one is too thin, it screws on and everything.. Just not enough depth for the metal ring to slide in all the way. So I'm not sure what it's for? Maybe the 60's connies? Its an original one though.. And the seamaster one is a old one too. The other one WAS a chinese copy, it was a fake, I took off a new real omega one off a watch I'm gonna sell cheap and put the chinese one on that. So now it has a omega replacement correct one... I still would like an original though.. If anybody wants to trade either or both of my originals for the original one I need? Either way thanks! It looks proper again now!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Aug 16, 2016
  16. cristos71 Aug 16, 2016

2954 Deluxe on 18kt flat link

029.JPG

OMGRLX, noelekal, LawBrk and 9 others like this.
  17. Kja Aug 16, 2016

Damn.... Well there goes my hopes and dreams.. Nice grail cristos.. I think that's perfect. Maybe the best omega ever made maybe?

18. JohnSteed Sep 17, 2016

19. JohnSteed Sep 17, 2016

Case ref 14381 7 SC
    Caliber 551
    Serial 17---
    7077 bracelet

Need some work ... still looks nice

image.jpeg

OMGRLX, noelekal, ahartfie and 8 others like this.
  20. cristos71 Sep 17, 2016

Did you pick it up like that with the bracelet? I bought the same ref as a non runner some time ago, it also came together with, `An old Omega bracelet` ;)

These kind of deals are getting harder and harder to find :(

20141007_155733.jpg
    20141007_154819.jpg

OMGRLX, noelekal, ahartfie and 3 others like this.