Vintage Omega ref. 2279 CH27 Show and tell

Posts
75
Likes
229
Please show your vintage ref. 2279

I don’t know much about mine, thus some help would be appreciated.
Crown is not the original one, I’m desperately looking for it.
I hereby attach some pictures
 
Posts
334
Likes
790
A really nice and important watch... cleaning necessary, a crown will be found, maybe polishing with a cloth only...
But what to do with the dial? No chance of getting cleaned, reprinting not a choice, keeping as is?
Yes, it's a piece with history!
 
Posts
75
Likes
229
A really nice and important watch... cleaning necessary, a crown will be found, maybe polishing with a cloth only...
But what to do with the dial? No chance of getting cleaned, reprinting not a choice, keeping as is?
Yes, it's a piece with history!
You’re right, dial will stay as is and preserved as much as possible. In the meanwhile it got slightly polished, and I got an almost compatible crystal from @cristos71 which required a little bit tweaking to be fit and stay in place.
Anyways, I’ve been trying to source crown and original crystal so far with no luck, the only proposals I received from Omega stores were sending it to Switzerland for service and parts = more than 1500€ with the risk of seeing this price doubled.. no, thanks 😊

In addition to that, the chrono hours hand is not going back in place after chrono reset. As of now it is in my watchmaker hands for a service, and with some luck, he may also fine the needed parts. I won’t give this piece up