Forums Latest Members
  1. b-16707 Mar 22, 2017

they come from omega ADs. Just a middleman i suppose.

2. sxl2004 Mar 22, 2017

So they are grey market, without official greymarket dealers being involved? Interesting.. then greymarket dealer really do not make sense.
    Thanks

Edited Mar 22, 2017
    b-16707 likes this.
  3. korneevy Mar 22, 2017

I am a new guy here (joined after getting my Speedmaster professional earlier this year), but not new to the watch obsession (have been mostly on Whatuseek). I have bought many, many watches via grey market sellers. My Speedy also come via gray seller, I bought it in Singapore but most of gray market stock here comes from Spain and the Netherlands...my particular watch come from Amsterdam, one of the biggest ADs there, all stamps, cards etc etc....all for $3,200 USD. I know a few dealers here in Singapore who move stock this way, and basically I guess they are playing forex, tax refunds and market demand in one part of the worlds vs stock sitting on a shelf of an eager AD in another. They buy some minimum number of pieces (usually 5-10 i think) from an eager Europe-based AD who needs to move their stock for whatever reason, and export them EU VAT-free into Singapore, getting a nice discount in the process (EU VAT is say 15-20%, Singapore VAT is 6%), so their watches are all legit, come with stamped cards etc., and given their profit margin is prob 15-20% max, one can get their stock at a good 30-40% off retail.

4. summit425 Mar 23, 2017

I was about to buy my first omega aquaterra from Jomashop but I decided to buy it from Amazon. (same price)
    My watch arrived in one day and everything was good. If you can find your watch on Amazon then consider buying one through them.

5. mjb Mar 24, 2017

I would suggest caution with Amazon. If you are actually buying from Amazon as the seller, then you're golden. But a lot of people sell through Amazon (paying them a commission) and their exchange/refund policies are likely not as generous as Amazon. Either way, I still think it's going to be gray market and likely without the manufacturer's warranty.

I did once buy a Rado from Amazon, and it came DOA. I had to spend $35 for a new battery and they (Amazon) cheerfully refunded me the $35.

6. mdgrwl Mar 24, 2017

You get no Omega Warranty through Amazon. So if 3 months down the road something happens with the movement - your up the river.

Also 99% of these grey market "in house" warranties (Joma, C&C, Authenitc, Watchmaxx, Amazon, etc...) are non-transferable. It would be nice to think we'll keep every watch we buy for life - but as we all know that is normally not the case. So when you go to sell it, the new owner will have zero warranty and that impacts resale value like crazy compared to one that comes with an AD warranty which is transferable.

Edited Mar 24, 2017
    marcn likes this.
  7. Spy You know my name. Mar 24, 2017

It is the same for us that buy from an AD or OB after the warranty expires. I had my SMP serviced last year and it cost me $550 after tax. But then I get a 2 year warranty for the service. It is all relative after the warranty expires regardless where you buy the watch.

8. jv91 Mar 25, 2017

yea, i always end up doing the service at Omega for that two year warranty, even if it's pricey. Should the day come I need to sell the piece, always helps that Omega is covering repairs still.

Spy likes this.
  9. opusx11ca Mar 28, 2017

+1 in on the same camp, looking to get an omega in Canada to avoid the customs hit. Maybe we should walk into an AD together negotiate two watches, lol. I don't suppose you are in Edmonton...

10. R3D9 Mar 29, 2017

Hah!!! That is an awesome plan ;-)

Unfortunately I'm still socking away the funds and it'll be a while before I'm able to pull the trigger. Also, I'm in the Toronto area.

This seriously is a good idea, though. When I'm ready, I'm going to put a flyer out on the forum to see if anyone want to try and negotiate a bulk discount!

opusx11ca likes this.
  11. opusx11ca Mar 29, 2017

PM me in case I miss the post ;)

R3D9 likes this.
  12. fskywalker Mar 30, 2017

+1 for Demollo, great prices and very reliable!

13. J_B Apr 3, 2017

My experience with Jomashop was positive. A few months ago I purchased the Speedmaster FOIS but returned it after deciding the watch was slightly too small. They accepted the return and promptly refunded my money, no questions asked. A week later I bought a moonwatch from them. As others have commented, you don't get the Omega warranty but so far so good. This was my first luxury watch purchase and I've educated myself a great deal since, and while I'd do more research next time around I'm fine with my decision to buy from Joma (and love the Speedy).

BillDozer66, fskywalker and opusx11ca like this.
  14. Beepos Apr 4, 2017

Bought from both. Good experiences with both. If I had to pick, would go with Crown and Caliber

chanbar likes this.
  15. BillDozer66 Dec 13, 2018

16. Morseman Dec 13, 2018

I have bought two watches from Alan Furman, a gray market dealer who happens to be in the town where I live. In each case, it was a very smooth transaction and I received a beautiful new watch with full Omega warranty, stamped with the name of an overseas dealer. The price was only slightly higher than Joma, but I got to deal face-to-face.

17. fskywalker Dec 17, 2018

Purchased my Rolex Day Date 18239 from them, very pleased with purchase