Forums Latest Members
  1. duc Jan 4, 2016

I'm 53 and don't recall when I was as excited as I am now.

I placed an order from an online grey market shop early last week for a Speedy Pro. They haven't communicated very well about the delivery, and their responses to my emails are never a direct answer to my questions. However, this morning, I did receive an official update. Not only is the item in shipment, but it is scheduled for delivery this afternoon.

How do you beat that?

Stay tuned for more of my bubbling over...

Jones in LA likes this.
  2. Hijak Jan 4, 2016

Congratulations on your new watch...Pictures when you receive it!:thumbsup:

3. Cobain Jan 4, 2016

May i ask who it was bought from?

4. duc Jan 4, 2016

Hi folks,

I purchased the watch from Jomashop. I did as much research about GM and them in particular as I felt necessary. I was still nervous when I placed the order, but in the long run, even if I were to have been royally screwed, I would be ok. The watch purchase is a pure treat, not a necessity (did I just say that?).

Anyway, placed the order on the 29th (after 1:30PM). Orders after 1:30 are processed and shipped the next day. After not receiving the promised email (shipping info) by 1:30 on the 30th, I sent them an inquiry as to the status. They got back pretty quickly saying they could not ship to my PO box due to the high value. So I gave them a street address. They said they would ship it and send an email with the tracking info. I never received the tracking in and followed up with them on the 31st to let them know. There was no response.

Today, I received the tracking info and, as I indicated above, the watch was delivered. Now for the good part:

With all the nice cameras my wife owns, you would think my pictures could be a little better. Alas, it's not my thing. So I present the I-phone system of photojournalism.
    IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1631.JPG

Given my penchant for NATO straps, the Speedmaster bracelet will probably be pristine when I relinquish this watch to my son (in 10 or 20 years).
    IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1635.JPG IMG_1641.JPG

Anyway, a huge sigh of relief. Jomashop may be weakish on comms, but they delivered quickly and the watch is a perfect example of a perfect watch. I would have to give them a nod. When the time comes for me to part with some more, to gain possession of a Gen 3 Skywalker, I'll start with them.

Spy, driver1969, ChrisN and 2 others like this.
  5. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jan 4, 2016

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! I wish you many, many years of happy wearing :)

6. alam Jan 4, 2016

nice! regardless of what Dennis says, I know you will enjoy your new Speedy! congrats and welcome to the club!

image.jpeg
    Edited Jan 4, 2016
  7. duc Jan 4, 2016

I was waiting for that. Thanks!

8. bristnj Jan 4, 2016

Congratulations! I've used Jomashop in the past. Fair price and good overall experience. Very nice Speedy and just in time to post a new wrist pic tomorrow on "Speedy Tuesday!!!

9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 4, 2016

Congrats! I picked one up in late 2015 that is meant to be passed on as well. Here's hoping our kids realize nice windfalls in 30 or so years..

blufinz52 and duc like this.
  10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2016

I have made one purchase over the years from Joma. The product was quite satisfactory. However, I will add as an advisory: they have a restocking fee if you change your mind (can be 20%) and if they lower the price the day after you buy it their response is , too bad for you!