Forums Latest Members
  1. BLNKCHK Mar 13, 2017

Seems that there is a lot of baggage surrounding Jomashop, but it appears relatively legit nonetheless.

I found the Speedmaster I want available from Crown & Caliber, which includes a 1-year C&C warranty (not an Omega warranty as far as I know), and the same watch is available new from Jomashop for slightly less, with their 4-year warranty (again, no Omega warranty).

If I’m not getting the manufacturer warranty either way, is there any downside to purchasing through Jomashop? Crown & Caliber seems very trustworthy, but the watch would be second hand.

Thank you!

fskywalker likes this.
  2. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 13, 2017

As a guy writing this wearing his Speedy Pro bought from Jomashop, I can tell you my own personal experience was not terrible. I called them before I pulled the trigger on the order, and the person I spoke too sounded a bit harried but she answered my questions, and the next day the watch arrived. I kept all the stickers and whatnot in place, but I wound it every day during that 30-day return window, just to be sure. I timed it using the 'Hairspring' app, and am now a very happy owner of a Speedy Pro -- but I'm a nervous customer of Jomashop. See the difference?

I have not heard good things from those who did not have a smooth experience. In fact, testimonial from those who swear they will never buy from them again is easy to find.

I just recently bought a Rolex Explorer from OF's own @mdgrwl (Matt) for a very fair price in an effortless transaction, with the kicker being that I have the full manufacturer's warranty. I would not hesitate to buy from Matt again, and enjoy all the peace of mind of having a real manufacturer's warranty. You buy the seller, as the saying goes. Is there a price difference, sure, but there's a point past which getting the best price can come to bite you.

If my Speedy Pro develops a problem, you can be darn sure I will not be calling upon Jomashop to service it, I'll go to our local OB and have to pay out of pocket.

In the end, you have to answer Dirty Harry's question:

[​IMG]

;) Good luck either way!

Lukeeesteve, OMGRLX, shaun hk and 2 others like this.
  3. BLNKCHK Mar 13, 2017

Thanks for the info! I just looked at Matt's posts, and he actually does have the model I'm looking at. So how is it that someone like Matt can sell with a Manufacturer's Warranty, but a place like Jomashop cannot?

Lukeeesteve likes this.
  4. b-16707 Mar 13, 2017

hit up @demollo and get a brand new omega factory warrantied watch at the price of joma. Got my speedy from him.

fskywalker and Lukeeesteve like this.
  5. Kmart Mar 13, 2017

All of his watches are purchased from authorized dealers (obviously at a steep discount -- that part is a mystery to me). So it's a legitimate purchase with full manufacturer warranty. Jomashop and other gray market dealers acquire their stock through somewhat more shady means... usually it's from an AD offloading a large amount of watches at far below MSRP, so the sale is strictly off the record and does not come with a warranty.

6. BLNKCHK Mar 13, 2017

Interesting. Thanks for the input, fellas.

7. duc Mar 13, 2017

8. mdgrwl Mar 13, 2017

I buy my pieces directly from authorized dealers and resell them. Everything you get from me would be exactly as if you purchased it directly from an authorized dealer.

9. ohmzx Mar 13, 2017

don't forget to look at our guys in the forum :) I bought one of mine from here, it came with warranty and cost about the same as Joma.

BLNKCHK likes this.
  10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 13, 2017

This came from C&C ... serviced, running like a champ and happy with price. Of course it has a history on OF but I was very pleased with C&C. I plan on selling a watch through them.
    IMG_4427.JPG

airansun, marco, Jwit and 1 other person like this.
  11. Akkis Mar 14, 2017

How do shops like Joma able to sell lets say the moonwatch, with box, etc. new for a little over half what Omega charges?

12. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 14, 2017

Often an authorized dealer wants to convert inventory to some quick cash. That's how grey marketeers like Jomashop get most of what they sell. The primary downside to buying a new watch on the grey market is that you will not get a manufacturer's warranty -- but getting such a deep discount from MSRP can make it a good way, all things considered, to buy a new watch.

Edited Mar 14, 2017
    Rodmar likes this.
  13. Rodmar Mar 14, 2017

I wish this wasn't the case but this is why I won't buy from an OB or AD. I'd love to see the experience you get from one when Buying but with what I'm able to save by buying via grey market I can add another piece to the collection!

Spy and OMGRLX like this.
  14. b-16707 Mar 16, 2017

Then there are sellers here who offer new watches with omega factory warranty at joma prices...why even buy from joma at that point?

SWing0812, Sculler22, Knezz and 2 others like this.
  15. CaptDngr Mar 18, 2017

Jomashop offers a Speedy Moonwatch for under $3100 brand new. That's more of a bargain than anyone else I could find. For some, that's worth the risk of no factory warranty.

Still, I get my watches from a trusted seller these days. I prefer to give them the biz even if it's a few hundred costlier.

Rodmar likes this.
  16. b-16707 Mar 18, 2017

I'll just say I got mine for nowhere near a "few hundred costlier," new, big box and all, with omega warranty, AD stamped. I see no point in getting it from Joma.

CaptDngr likes this.
  17. R3D9 Mar 21, 2017

Is there a trusted re-seller that anyone can recommend that is based out of Canada? I'm hoping to avoid customs/brokerage fees!

opusx11ca likes this.
  18. markbriley Mar 22, 2017

Hi - I'm new to the forum, and I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm looking to get an Omega Speedmaster Professional, and I'm debating whether to go grey market, or used. My question is, if I DO need to get this serviced and want to have it down out-of-pocket through Omega, will Omega accept my watch? Or will they refuse to service it. Also, would it matter if it was used or grey market?

deuceman11 likes this.
  19. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 22, 2017

They'll definitely service it, but you'll pay out of pocket.

https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/service-prices/

watch3s and Spy like this.
  20. sxl2004 Mar 22, 2017

Just curious, how do they provide an Omega factory warranty without being omega ADs? Sounds too good to be true.