Forums Latest Members

Jomashop Warranty & Service

1. jamesl0928 Mar 29, 2021

Anyone ever used the jomashop warranty before? Bought a FOIS there 2 years ago, purchase went well. Got it looked at by certified omega watch repair shop and they said all looked good.

Fast forward to today, my FOIS power reserve is only about 26 hours long and has at times had pretty major time slips within the first 20 mins after being fully wound. Trying to decide if trying the warranty route is a safe route vs going in for a full service for about $750.

Appreciate the feedback.

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 29, 2021

No direct experience. But go for a full service by an Omega-certified watchmaker.

kkt, nzshadow and 8100_RPM like this.
  3. 8100_RPM Mar 29, 2021

As BlackTalon said, send your watch to a certified Omega watchmaker.

4. Rado63 Mar 29, 2021

When you purchased the watch did you get a discount? When you received the watch did you get all the boxes, books and cards, except the warranty card? If you do not have an Omega warranty the advantage to sending to Omega and paying for the service, is that you will receive documentation addressing the service. This helps to insure authenticity and your watch and serial go into the Omega service data base, and you get a two year warranty.

watchyouwant likes this.
  5. connieseamaster Mar 29, 2021

I have never heard a good experience with Joma's repair warranty service, only bad and awful ones. Send it to Omega or an Omega-affiliated independent watchmaker.

6. vbrad26 Mar 29, 2021

Yeah don't do it. Suck it up and send it to Omega, or find a qualified watchmaker.
    I have no experience but will echo other opinions...and that is Jomas repair sucks.

OMEGAWD2020 and marcn like this.
  7. gbesq Mar 29, 2021

No reason to send it to Joma. The grey market discount off retail that you received when you bought the watch should cover the cost of an Omega service several times over. As another member pointed out, you’ll also get a two year warranty when Omega repairs the watch.

nzshadow likes this.
  8. amcclell Mar 29, 2021

I agree with this. On average, the discount offsets any warranty repairs that may be required.

9. gbesq Mar 29, 2021

And I’ll give credit to Omega service for not being prickly about repairing watches that are not purchased through authorized channels. At least at this point, they don’t seem to care where you bought it as long as it’s authentic.

10. Duquephart Sep 6, 2021

Why would they? One way or the other it was a sale for them.

connieseamaster and watchyouwant like this.
  11. Bugbait Sep 6, 2021

Go Omega Service Centre or authorised watchmaker as long as the serial is intact.

12. SkunkPrince Sep 6, 2021

If you're in the eastern US, you're required to use the Miami service center. I disliked their work on my watches. I go to Nesbit's now.