Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr.Wolf May 20, 2021

Hello!

I've got a Seamaster 2250.50 and the helium crown fell off when i opened the valve a while ago. I would like to try to re-fit it myself with loctite. I understand that only a very small amount is needed. But how do i keep the loctite from getting on the spring and other parts where its not sopposed to be?

2. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 20, 2021

DON’T!
    Take it to a qualified watch repairer who will do the job properly, this will maintain water resistance.

3. Mr.Wolf May 20, 2021

Of course iv'e considered that, but since my watchmaker shut down i haven't found another one who can fix it themselves. They just want to send it to Omega witch seems like big cost for a easy fix.

The actual valve don't seem to be damaged, would it be ok, to have it screwed down until the next service in a few years? I'm not going to dive ore swim wit it. I see that i cant be totally sure the valve isn't damaged and will be careful with it around water for now.

4. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 20, 2021

If you give your city/country someone on here will give you a suitable recommendation I would think.

Depending on the age of your watch you may have warranty left or need a service so omega may not be as scary as you think, do you have a boutique or omega dealer near you? Go talk to them?

5. Mr.Wolf May 20, 2021

Ill hear around for some who could do it! Got two dealers around and will ask at a local forum. The watch is from 2010 so no warranty left unfortunately no warranty left. Thanks for your commitment!

p4ul likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 20, 2021

To install the valve cap, the case has to be opened and the movement removed. This is a job for a watchmaker...

PATRICK JP, Mr.Wolf and sah like this.
  7. Flintlock May 20, 2021

I'll also chime in for an Omega qualified watchmaker. Is it perchance due for service anyway? That would maybe just be part of the service.

sah likes this.
  8. Gixnic May 20, 2021

I would get a full service by Omega.

sah likes this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 20, 2021

I'm curious if any of the other divers who were in the decompression chamber with you had helium escape valves on their watches (or even wore regular wrist watches since I guess you all wear diving computers). My Sinn UX -- which is rated for a lot deeper water than the Seamasters -- does not have one, but it is filled with some magic oil.

I was under the impression you are not supposed to loosen the escape valve very much for it to be effective -- definitely not enough to fully unscrew anything. Did something possibly break off?. The deepest diving I have done is about 20-25 feet, and all at resorts (so literally train in the pool for a day and go dive for 20 or some minutes out at a reef) so I have never needed to worry about decompression and it's potential effect on my watches.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 20, 2021

Sinn typically epoxies the crystals into their watches, so the pressure needed to blow the crystal out (the main concern) is much higher.

The HEV cap screws onto a case tubes much like a screw down crown would. It is unscrewed as far as it can go, and then what holds it in place is the screw that goes into the center of the cap that is screwed in place from inside the case. If you unscrew too far and keep turning, you can unscrew the cap from that internal screw.

PATRICK JP, guwipa and Mr.Wolf like this.
  11. Duckie May 20, 2021

Seeing as the watch dates back to 2010, it's probably due for a service anyway:thumbsup:

12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 20, 2021

OP was definitely taking a chance deep sea diving with a watch that hasn't been serviced in 10 year. The helium escape valve would have been the least of my worries.

13. Mr.Wolf May 21, 2021

I actually messed up a bit. I screwed it out fully and when I should screw it back it got a wrong angle on the threads and came on a bit tilted. When I tried to unscrew it again it fell off.

it’s been serviced three years ago, but I guess it’s time fore it again :thumbsup:

PATRICK JP likes this.
  14. Mr.Wolf May 21, 2021

The threads in the cap got damaged and couldn’t be screwed back. So I used the old one from last service.

Jimvv likes this.
  15. Mac-427 May 23, 2021

I'd send it to Omega service directly.

Mr.Wolf likes this.