Forums Latest Members

Crown for Omega Seamatser came off Help

1. TheCaptainOfTech Oct 18, 2015

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So I was setting the time of my watch after about of week of not wearing it and the crown came off when i was setting the time.

2. Wongo Oct 19, 2015

Under warranty, take it back to omega. If not, have to find a independent watchmaker or give back to omega for repairs and overhaul.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 20, 2015

If the watch is otherwise fine, it's a simple fix for any independent watchmaker...

citizenrich likes this.
  4. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Oct 20, 2015

Off topic, but it's pretty cool how the lume has lit up because of the shadow in the first picture! That's some powerful stuff!

5. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 21, 2015

Al - I try to alternate the pressure - pull point from top to underside when I snap the the crown out with my thumbnail. Do you think this makes a difference in terms of stress - wear to the crown tube (hope you understand what I'm clumsily describing) ?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 21, 2015

The problem shown by the OP is simply that the crown has come unscrewed from the stem thread. Many will say Loctite is needed on the stem, but it's rare that I use it (usually only for very thin quartz stems). If the cut end of the stem is prepared properly, Loctitie is not needed in most cases. This doesn't have anything to do with how the crown is pulled out from the case.

I do understand what you are saying, but I don't think it's a concern really, or relevant to the OP's problem.

Cheers, Al