Forums Latest Members

An alternative perspective on how to deal with bezel fakers..

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2019

And once again, we're not going to stop people taking macro photos of watches because that would be ignorant and pointless, and yes, to help the community at large learn how to spot a fake and prevent them from spending their money on them is precisely the point because people beyond just you and your mates deserve to not lose their money either. You still seem to be unable to accept or realise that identifying flaws and difference is not a super skill unique to watch collectors. Spot the difference... is... not... hard.

OWa likes this.
  2. Varnado Feb 25, 2019

DSIO: And you continue to spew the same nonsense that this has something to do with me and my mates not losing money. I honestly dont even know what that means.

"You still seem to be unable to accept or realise that identifying flaws and difference is not a super skill unique to watch collectors. Spot the difference... is... not... hard."

IF ITS NOT HARD THEN WHY ARE THE FAKERS MAKING DONS WITH ANY ERRORS?

IF ITS NOT HARD THEN WHY HAVE WE SEEN 4 GENERATIONS OF DONS THAT CORRECTED THE FLAWS WE HAVE POINTED OUT BUT YET CONTINUE TO MAKE THEM WITH ERRORS?

IT IS VERY HARD, VERY VERY HARD TO REPRODUCE ANYTHING EXACTLY/PRECISELY TO THE FRACTION OF A MM.

By all means take a macro picture and then PRIVATELY tell the person inquiring what is wrong with the bezel. Of course that introduces the issue of people asking who are also the fakers, but that's another issue entirely.

3. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Feb 25, 2019

::popcorn::

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2019

The caps lock button is to the left of the A key, if you turn that off it will look less like angry shouting.

Its all been said before mate, identifying the errors does not equate to being able to produce to absolute microscopic precision, as irregularities still come from the production process irrespective of how well you're able to identify them and attempt to correct. You have this notion in your head that they simply don't have good enough macro photos or enough information to make something correct which is erroneous. Producing something to utter perfection is quite a different task from actually having the desire and information to do so. You're getting the difficult part backwards my friend and are deluding yourself by thinking identifying minor errors is the one skill holding them back.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 25, 2019

But don't give back, just its a better audience to sell too or buy from

Funny as I read your first few threads on the forum and here you are asking for help and WTBs for parts from the forum.

Even asking for help for your watchmaker

https://omegaforums.net/threads/question-for-speedmaster-321-owners.20068/

And your last thread a WTB for a DON ::facepalm2::

https://omegaforums.net/threads/don-dot-over-90-bezel.87633/

Remember this quote above next time you ask for help or ask for a part. :whistling: Or learn a nuance you overlooked

sdre and watchcollect like this.
  6. Folgono Feb 25, 2019

I am actually surprised that fakers can't reproduce things like bezels. As stated by several guys here it is not rocket science. Is it because only not so skilled amateurs are trying to fake these bezels with unadapted machines, or for some other reasons I don't see ?

However I'm not sure that leaning toward a secretive functioning with a few "experts" entitled to deliver informations by PM only to buyers seeking knowledge would solve the things, nor forbidding to post high res DON pictures. I mean there are pictures all over the internet already and fakers certainly have access to authentic DON, so it is at best certainly too late for that plan to work, if ever it could have ever been efficient.

Archer and STANDY like this.