Forums Latest Members
  1. sheepdoll Feb 24, 2023

IMG_3895.png

This came in the mail today along with some watch parts.

Somehow I do not think that what I want to get rid of is what they are looking for. Although they do say top prices paid.

(standard disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this and have never heard of it before. My only interest is in the total absurdity of it. I remember when the NAWCC was a respectable organization.)

janice&fred and Spruce like this.
  2. rob#1 Feb 25, 2023

By ‘Complicated Watches’, do they mean tricky timepieces like Speedmaster Reduceds? ;)

Morlock and sheepdoll like this.
  3. Pmazaran Feb 25, 2023

Stick to eBay or these forums. They will never pay you more than what you can get on the free open market. They're looking to make money and make as much as they can; they will pay you close to nothing for what something is worth. They target people that unfortunately don't know any better. Pawn shop on wheels.

asrnj77 and sheepdoll like this.
  4. chronolux Mar 5, 2023

Don't do it. Jewelers and appraisers will fleece you and offer the worst prices. I would put in the elbow grease and list your watch on eBay, Chrono24 or even these forums to gain traction.

sheepdoll likes this.
  5. SlopeSoarer Mar 12, 2023

I've got a boxed Seamaster Cosmic 2000 which was bought new from Preston's of Bolton and has the original receipt which I'm going to sell and my gut feeling is eBay is the best place to sell.

In general eBay is good for finding the real value of items (regardless of what you are selling).

Would you agree?

6. Jonathan40 Mar 12, 2023

Largest sales platform in the English speaking world. If two or three people want your item it will meet market value. If only one person wants it you might come up short. In general yes your right.
    Watch charts will give you ball park on your model. Stick a realistic start price (don’t pay for that) and see what happens.

tikkathree likes this.
  7. SlopeSoarer Mar 12, 2023

Yes, I suppose in one sense it is a gamble with eBay (or any other auction). My philosophy with eBay is not to be greedy (in fact start very low) and trust the auction to attract buyers BUT I've never sold a watch so would have my heart in my mouth.

I'm still not sure I can sell the watch with being my fathers however material things aren't high on my list of priorities and my memories are of more value to me and I have lots of those, thankfully!

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Simon

8. sheepdoll Mar 12, 2023

I actually posted this as a joke. I got the card in the mail along with two eBay purchaces.

SlopeSoarer and TDBK like this.