Forums Latest Members

WRULT? (what are you listening to?)

1. staristheanswer Apr 1, 2018

Lol

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2018

Chick Corea, Dave Brubeck, Keith Jarrett, Harold Mabern, Bill Evans, Monk, Donald Fagen.....

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2018

Easter morning ... Coffee with Chet & Stellar band.
    570E78E7-F9AB-4115-9D99-AFB41D51CA06.jpeg

merchandiser likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2018

Pro-Ject ... big line and lots of options.

propervinyl and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  5. CPRwatch Apr 1, 2018

Love it , my wife says I snore & I'm sure I do . But her snoring is something else ,but we don't mention it in polite conversation ....

nonuffinkbloke and Larry S like this.
  6. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 1, 2018

Thankyou Larry. I'll check them out.:thumbsup:

7. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 1, 2018

Listening to net radio. I messed around with all my av reciever speaker settings, and my 7 channel settings sounded like S***. Took me about an hour to figure out the problem. Someone changed all the settings easy enough to fix still no joy.

Plus the power plug on the sub woofer was not connected. Not sure how the pwer cord became disconnected. But my brother in law messed with the speaker settings. Life can be tough even tougher if you are stupid which my brother in law fits into the stupid category.

My brother in law does not understand settings on AV equiptment he just pushes all the buttons on the remote and F's everything up. I just finished telling him do not mess with any remotes in my home.

Edited Apr 1, 2018
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2018

Wow .. that’s balls ... no one should F with the surround settings. Miss Manners does NOT approve!

9. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 1, 2018

Yes that does take balls to mess with someones audio equiptment.
    I figued out how the power cord to the sub woofer came unplugged. My brother in law slid the reciever out of the stand to check if everything was connected. The sub power cord plugs into the back of the avr.

When he moved the receiver the other end of the power cord plugs into the back of the sub woofer. That's what caused the disconnect on the sub woofer. I told my brother in law leave my S... alone. He tries to be helpful but that never works out very well.

Plus the batteries on the remote were going dead after me trying to get the settings back the batteries died. I had to make a trip to the local drug store for AAA batteries. Now all is well.

The speaker sys that are hooked up to the av reciever are from definitve technology. The speaker settings for the sub woofer are not the normal settings. Most crossover settings for subs are 80hz on the sub woofer I have the setting for the sub crossover is a set as high as your avr will allow. That is the setting def tech recommends

I have them set at 200hz the sub sound fine however in my mind that is a real high setting. I can always play around with the settings when I have the time

10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2018

It took me months to get my gear the way I want it. You are a very patient man. I’d be homicidal.

Seaoftunes, voere and 77deluxe like this.
  11. 77deluxe Apr 1, 2018

The Williams. All three - Lucinda, Victoria and Don.

Seaoftunes and Larry S like this.
  12. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 2, 2018

I hear you getting all the speakers in the system to play nice can be tough. On the def tech speaker system I have. The sub woofer is a very critical component in the system more so than other speaker systems.

It all depends on how you have the sub and speakers wired into the avr. Last night it took me three hours to get it all the speakers in the 7.2 system to image and fire around the room the way they should.

Just about the time I was ready to give up for the evening I kicked up the volume a tad on the sub woofer and all is well. Now the speakers image and fire around the family room

Larry S likes this.
  13. propervinyl Apr 2, 2018

That depends. DAC was unquestionably the best addition to my system in a long time, but depending on the AV reciever you are running it in to, you may not need one. My buddy has a Rotel surround preamp/processor that uses dual Wolfsohn 24/196 DAC's that he runs all of his digital audio through.

If your receiver has its own built-in DAC, and you are looking to hook up to a computer, you can get an asynchronous USB to SPDIF converter and run that in to one of your digital lines.

If not, you have a ton of options. I use an Arcam DAC and love it. Another buddy bought a DAC from an American company called Schiit and it sounds fantastic.

14. Seaoftunes Apr 2, 2018

Margo Price - All American Made
    Andrew Combs - Canyons of my Mind

IMG_2204.JPG
    merchandiser and Larry S like this.
  15. bikehomero Apr 2, 2018

merchandiser and Larry S like this.
  16. Edward53 Apr 2, 2018

I'm guessing those canyons aren't like these:

Edited Apr 2, 2018
    Seaoftunes likes this.
  17. jetkins Apr 2, 2018

Recorded live in my old home town of Bath, though several years after I left.

18. Seaoftunes Apr 2, 2018

19. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 2, 2018

My receiver has the DAC, the kid plays his phone through it ... (proving MP3 really do sound like shit on a good system) .. all I really need is a big honking hard drive and a lap top I think. What I don’t get are all these super expensive decks out there for the high res files. What do they bring to the party?

20. Mtek Apr 2, 2018

CCR Revival...had to replay Fortunate Son because it kicks ass

Larry S likes this.