UG Pocket Watch Thread

Posts
852
Likes
3,672
Happy to have a couple of the (very few) “Known Survivors” of these mystical Universal Geneve Pocket Compax chronographs safely in hand today!

Ref 52504 in solid 14k gold
Ref 22548 in steel

 
Posts
966
Likes
2,352
Scruffy thing but I couldn't resist this.



Cal 290 and signed as such which might make it easier to find a loose dial if I see something I like.
 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,639
You beat me 😀
 
Posts
171
Likes
420
Is the rear caseback original?
Probably yes - if you go through this thread there are several quite similar examples with such a case back. That’s too much coincidence to me.
Also the details of the back “bezel” seem to be made for plexi from the start.

(I am quite curious if there is a serial and ref. number somewhere on the case)
 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,639
Me too but so far I have yet to find them
 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,639
Some nice UG's in this clip (at around 3.00)

 
Posts
966
Likes
2,352
Some nice UG's in this clip (at around 3.00)

Does anyone have any idea where the acrylic pocket watch box comes from - I could use a few of those?
 
Posts
126
Likes
248
Does anyone have any idea where the acrylic pocket watch box comes from - I could use a few of those?
If you need a lot, I bought directly from a supplier on Alibaba; it was very cheap for me that way.
 
Posts
97
Likes
86
Does anyone have any idea where the acrylic pocket watch box comes from - I could use a few of those?
i buy from taobao (alibaba), around 15 usd each.

 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,639
if anyone cares to ask AnalogShift to share them
Most traders will not do that so I cant really be bothered anymore