Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Dale Vito Jan 9, 2016

Hi guys - happy to be here. Lurker for years but now couldn't help myself in the 'unusual chronographs' thread. Cheers!

2. Kuki Jan 10, 2016

Hi guys, well i posted on the wrong thread I think

https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-member.33899/

Anyway.. new here and love vintage watches! Originally from Manila but now residing in Auckland NZ.. here is the current state of my "collection" here with me.. left my UG and seiko back home :(

[​IMG]

Not much.. but hoping to upgrade the stable this year..

Here is my very first omega got it I think 2-3 years ago but flipped it a year later..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My UG and seiko
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guess thats it for now, hoping to learn more in this forum
    Will post on another thread on my recent vintage omega catch..

Cheers

styggpyggeno1 and arkstfan like this.
  3. WatchNinja2 Jan 15, 2016

Hi My name is Jack. Very new to this forum.

I have had a Tissot PRS 315 for six years before it and their customer support let me down gravely, but it did make me fall in love with Automatics!

Now looking for something new. I am all about leather straps, Automatics and Luminol on the Dials ;)

4. 84gt350 Jan 15, 2016

Hi there. I joined up to inquire about some parts, but maybe I'll hang out and learn a bit, if that's ok with you all. :)

Here are my 2 Omegas.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BrianMcKay, arkstfan, oddboy and 3 others like this.
  5. E MAN Jan 18, 2016

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Erik but everyone I know calls me E or E Man. I'm an admin./mod on a Scotty Cameron collectors website. When I was in high school I was a bit of a watch nut but never could afford anything. I was a big window-shopper, I suppose I still am a bit but I've finally decided to take the plunge and get in the game. I haven't yet but hopefully in the next week or two, I'll be purchasing my first real watch in a Speedster Professional. Ive been researching like crazy and this forum has already been a huge help! Excited to be here!

E

6. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jan 18, 2016

Scotty Cameron... the Abraham-Louis Breguet of putter-makers. Welcome E Man.

7. E MAN Jan 18, 2016

Yeah, I actually just sold one of those to buy a watch...hated giving it up.

DSC_0187.jpg
  8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 18, 2016

You will feel better when the speedy is on your wrist..

9. ericf4 Jan 18, 2016

Hey all, I'm new here as I heard about it from another member I met this week and thought I'd check it out. I've been around other forums for many years so may already know some here! I only have an Aqua Terra Coaxial GMT Chrono right now but have owned others like the POC 9300 etc before...anyway I look fwd to seeing what this place is all about!! I have a pretty wide collection across brands and I see some are discussed here so that's cool!!

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 18, 2016

Eric, pics! We need pics!

11. ericf4 Jan 18, 2016

Heres a couple i had pics of on my phone...

Arriving tomorrow pic borrowed from seller if that's OK?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Jan 18, 2016
  12. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 18, 2016

Wow, you've been at it, Eric! Good to see you here, Welcome!

You have a fine collection...

I think your watches are definitely worthy of your own 'Intro' thread! I'm going back to that now to drool some more...::love::

ericf4 likes this.
  13. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 18, 2016

(Gulp :eek:), nice!!

I came here ~15months ago with a few fine modern watches, but I kinda got bit by the vintage bug after hanging out awhile... bought a few since then...

here's some, before I bought a handful more:

Photo Jul 25, 7 40 49 PM.jpg

Can you find Waldo.... I mean the Speedmaster?!?... my 1st of 3(other two missed the photo shoot)?

... lots of great people, with amazing info here...

Again, welcome!

Jwit and ericf4 like this.
  14. ericf4 Jan 18, 2016

Wow dude...nice

dougiedude likes this.
  15. ericf4 Jan 18, 2016

Lol thx! I'll find pics of the others as well. Look fwd to contributing where I can here.

16. italy1861 Jan 18, 2016

Welcome! Always room for another Blackhawk fan!

ericf4 likes this.
  17. repoman Jan 19, 2016

Hey, I know that Blancpain FF you just bought... I've seen that piece up close and its beautiful, you picked a good seller and won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

Taddyangle and ericf4 like this.
  18. cowboykpy Jan 19, 2016

Newbie here. Recently made the realization that I like nice watches (Speedies in particular) and have been poking around on the web until I found this place. Thanks to the admins for making a place where new folks can get advice and learn about the watches that interest them from more experienced collectors without any drama. Haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet, but I'll get there...

Thanks again,

Kyle

19. ericf4 Jan 19, 2016

Can't wait!!
    And agreed that he was a great guy to deal with, and also the person who turned me onto this forum. I've been unsuccessfully looking for a BPFF Blue for a few years with a few slipping thru my hands. Frankly they simply never seem to come up for sale. I'll give it a good home!!

Edited Jan 19, 2016
  20. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Jan 19, 2016

I'm new too, and I'm glad to be here. I'd seen the site pop up on searches but hadn't found the time to join. Yesterday I was looking for more info on what I now know is called a honeycomb dial, and it led me here, and voila, I joined and posted a picture of mine.

So far I have four vintage Omegas:

11/2011 - my first, a C-shaped Constellation which wouldn't have been my first had I known then what I have learned since. The band isn't right for the watch and the endlinks are custom-made (and crooked, which drives me nuts), but still it's special to me since it was my first.

08/2012 - my second, a TV screen Constellation. Not in the best shape, and still could use a servicing, but I love love love the shape and the integrated bracelet really plucked my twanger.

07/13 - my third. I wanted a two-tone watch and found a great Constellation with integrated bracelet, which is my favorite style thus far. I love this one and wear it often.

12/15 - my fourth, an F300 Constellation. It really does hum! I love it and I really like the dark dial; I've never had a watch with a dark dial before.

Now, as to authenticity, I'm pretty sure my first one (the C-shaped one) is a Frankenwatch; it was also my most expensive. I'm pretty sure the crown on my two-tone is a fake as the center of the flat bit has worn off. The crystals on the two-tone and the F300 are aftermarket. I did have my jeweler put a NOS Omega one on the C-shape a few months ago and it's so much better.

IMG_0044.JPG IMG_9724.JPG IMG_9787.JPG IMG_9766.JPG IMG_0322.JPG IMG_5973.JPG
    Jwit, noelekal and arkstfan like this.