Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Jan 19, 2016

Welcome

ahartfie likes this.
  2. GregH Jan 23, 2016

Hello all;
    I grew up with a portrait of the Apollo 11 crew on my bedroom wall and with my father wearing a gold Omega Seanaster Deville he purchased in 1964. He gave me his watch two years ago, which I cherish and wore on special occasions. After he passed away in September I've been wearing it daily. But I wanted to have another Omega to connect to dad on more casual or rugged days. As of this week I'm a happy wearer of an Apollo XI 30th anniversary Speedmaster Professional. I'm enjoying two Omegas with history and decided to join this omega forum that I've read and enjoyed.
    Greg.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

adam78, Garv, noelekal and 6 others like this.
  3. GregH Jan 23, 2016

Oops - 20th anniversary Speedy Pro!

4. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Jan 23, 2016

Welcome Greg

5. Mmurphy Jan 23, 2016

Hi everyone, I'm Mike 25 from Sydney Australia.

Work as a digital forensics consultant...
    Just picked up my first Omega Seamaster Professional 300M co-Axial two weeks ago...
    Love the watch and the brand.

Cheers!

ahartfie likes this.
  6. ipryor Jan 25, 2016

Hey Everyone!
    I'm Ian, 37 from Pennsylvania. I joined up to the forum this last week because I've been in search of a 145.022 Speedmaster and I wanted to get some information on the reference. In additional to timekeepers I am also into CrossFit, Outdoorsy Stuff, Skiing, Music, and Cars.

I almost purchased a Speedmaster through Donkii, but I just found one local and I will be purchasing it today! Can't wait to share some wrist shots.

I've been into watches for the last few years and I've been through some great watches (Tudor Black Bay Heritage - my daily wear) and some so-so purchases (David Yurman Thoroughbred and a Raymond Weil Freelancer). Looking forward to following along with you guys and the Speedmaster community.

BLNR - not mine yet, but will be someday.
    [​IMG]

My Daily Tudor on a custom made leather Nato.
    [​IMG]

7. watchdaddy1 Jan 28, 2016

Welcome & some great pics, you will love the Omega

ipryor likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 29, 2016

Greetings all!
    First post and a quick introduction. I am now up to 2 Omegas, and a variety of other watches in my collection. The first watch I fell in love with was the Rolex Orange hand Explorer 2 aka the Steve McQueen. When Rolex re-released an updated version a few years ago I ran out to try it out, as originals are way out of my price range. At the same time I tried on my First PO Chrono and fell in love the 222.30.38.50.01.002 and it would soon be mine. The brand new at the time 2 subdial newer version with the "better" movement and sapphire case back was not as attractive too me and sat too high on my wrist.
    IMG_3299.JPG

Last week I picked up my second Omega a Speedmaster Date 323.32.40.40.04.001 Panda. I have mixed feelings about it, but I think I will do a review about it pretty soon and I will most likely keep it.
    IMG_3298.JPG

Otherwise I tend to wear a SKX 009 to knock around, and an Orient Bambino Grey Dial v2 when I have the need to dress it up a bit.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  9. 1685 Jan 29, 2016

"Foo2rama, post: 393988, member: 20013"]Greetings all!
    First post and a quick introduction. I am now up to 2 Omegas, and a variety of other watches in my collection. The first watch I fell in love with was the Rolex Orange hand Explorer 2 aka the Steve McQueen. When Rolex re-released an updated version a few years ago I ran out to try it out, as originals are way out of my price range. At the same time I tried on my First PO Chrono and fell in love the 222.30.38.50.01.002 and it would soon be mine. The brand new at the time 2 subdial newer version with the "better" movement and sapphire case back was not as attractive too me and sat too high on my wrist.
    View attachment 195875

Last week I picked up my second Omega a Speedmaster Date 323.32.40.40.04.001 Panda. I have mixed feelings about it, but I think I will do a review about it pretty soon and I will most likely keep it.
    View attachment 195876

Otherwise I tend to wear a SKX 009 to knock around, and an Orient Bambino Grey Dial v2 when I have the need to dress it up a bit.[/QUOTE]
    Welcome, great watches and selection of whisky....

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 29, 2016

Thanks! Yeah I have an Alcohol problem, thankfully not a drinking problem, I think I am over 120 bottles at this point, not including long term investment storage.

1685 likes this.
  11. 7am Jan 30, 2016

Hello all!

I'm Lee, and I have a watch addiction. It started a year ago when I sold my startup and needed a hobby. Since then I've acquired a few very interesting pieces (Enicar Sherpa Graph - All black) and discovered this forum today when researching my latest purchase, a Longine nautilus skin diver. I'll post pictures of both shortly.

My daily wearer is a Seamaster Pro 300M, Brosnan Bond. Arguably the best Bond watch and the 3rd best Bond actor.

I live in rural Canada, where the winter tries to kill me and I yearn for the day that I can spend my days on a beach in Cuba, Rum Diary style, with a Seamaster on my wrist and sand under my feet.

I also created a watch value tracking tool that keeps me entertained.

I'm pretty stoked to be here, seems I've found my people!

KstateSkier and ahartfie like this.
  12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 31, 2016

You can't just drop that sentence in there without explaining!

13. Paedipod Jan 31, 2016

better this
    snowstorm.jpg
    than this killing you
    hqdefault.jpg

and the way things are going up here I hope you sold for this
    BN-FR981_1124CM_G_20141124103755.jpg

not this
    cad.png

welcome aboard!

14. ricky3334 Jan 31, 2016

Greetings all
    My name is Riccardo , i'm a chef , from Italy. Have been started collecting vintage Seiko and step by step my "watches family" has enanched..still have some Seiko of course .I mostly collect chrono and fell in love with Omega brand after buying one Speedmaster 1861 in 2001 ,still on my wrist .And came Mark II black dial , one Japan dial ,Speed 125° , 2639-6 , Constellation Pie Pan cal 561 was the last.
    Wish some others coming and so after have been hanging in OmegaForum for weeks , i finally joined !
    ...and my english will take advantages::book::
    Ciao
    on my wrist today..
    P1010656.JPG

gwzymytk, Paedipod, Mick Tock and 2 others like this.
  15. 7am Jan 31, 2016

I guess that was sorta rude, I was trying not to plug my own app in my first post like some casual, watchbox.io is the tool.

Haha, USD so close enough.

16. KevinB Feb 1, 2016

Hi everybody, I'm new here so I'd better introduce myself first, I'm Kevin, 29, Belgian and a longtime watch enthusiast but only got into it more seriously as from last year. My daily watch is a '05 speedy but for the rest my main interest are 60s chronographs and vintage pieces from Omega, Heuer and Rolex. I have only gathered a small collection up to now but I try to wear my vintage watches on a regular basis. For living, I'm an airforce helicopter pilot and enjoy travelling around whenever I have the time :) Some pics of my humble collection :

Rolex Explorer 5504
    [​IMG]

First watch on the moon - first watch on Everest (well, not really :p)
    [​IMG]

Most recent arrival, Heuer Carrera issued to the Belgian Airforce in 1970
    [​IMG]

Daily speedy @ work
    [​IMG]

On my wishlist are many thing but mostly looking at a Rolex GMT 1675 with gilt dial and an 60s Heuer Autavia with screw back case.

Edited Feb 1, 2016
  17. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 1, 2016

Interesting. How does the programme track values?

18. 7am Feb 1, 2016

You update your own watch prices by entering the prices you observe and trust. I have a "beta", for lack of better word, method that makes suggestions based on results pulled from else where, but in the end I trust my own value observations more than a system.

For example an all original Speedmaster Pro with box and papers is worth far more than a scratched Speedmaster Pro on an aftermarket nato and having the system assign that value would not be accurate. But if you see a Speedmaster that matches yours sell on eBay, you can log that value observation and url.

One day I'll make it so it suggests a few and you can pick and choose, however if you have an idea on how I could make it better I'm all ears!

19. JMG Feb 3, 2016

Hey everyone - I'm new. I own absolutely no watch that is interesting, yet. I've been looking around and will continue to do so. I've enjoyed all of the reading I've been doing on posts both old and new...

Accutron.JPG
  20. bdatki Feb 6, 2016

Hello all,

My name is Ben from Boston, MA, USA. I got interested in watches during grad school and now have a few watches (Sinn 556A and Seiko Blue Spark) I wear to the office most days. I've always admired Omegas and am happy that this forum exists with such a wealth of information and beautiful pictures of cool watches.

Here is my first Omega which is a recent acquisition. After the first few days it has been keeping excellent time. Now I am on the hunt for a Speedy...
    image.jpeg