Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. mandrick Dec 17, 2015

I am a new Omega owner after owning a Rolex Green Anniversary Sub for many years. I ended up selling my beloved Rolex for a specific watch which unfortunately fell through after my sale had already taken place. After some trials and tribulations, am now the proud owner of a Spectre Seamaster 300, and a Dark Side of the Moon and I couldn't be happier. To say I have fallen in love with the brand is an understatement, and I already find myself already researching my next purchase, hopefully a vintage Speedmaster Professional, or a 37.5 20151201_201526.jpg 20151213_154605.jpg 20151213_154628.jpg mm White Planet Ocean for my wife. I have already been playing with Nato's on both pieces, and I am shocked by how a simple strap change can so drastically alter the look of the watch. I now find myself obsessively looking at various straps, buckles etc, something I never did with the Rolex, which remained on it's bracelet the entire time i owned it.

Baz9614, boknows, Garv and 2 others like this.
  2. Kim Dec 18, 2015

Hello.

I'm Kim from Luxembourg.

As I was looking for specs, pics and ideas, I found this forum.
    I have a crush on Omega watches since a couple of years, but I never took the plunge. Only a few days ago, I purchased my first Omega. It's a Dark side of the moon. I'll grab it this monday and pics will follow asap.
    As many others here, I'll probably have one or two more in the future.

3. mattmizumi Dec 18, 2015

My uncle moved from the Netherlands to New York City in the 60s. He has since passed away, but I wear his Seamaster de Ville (with Tiffany dial) --- my first "real" watch -- with pride! (Crystal needs a polish, I now see...)

CIMG6575b.jpg

GregH, arkstfan and Garv like this.
  4. mandrick Dec 18, 2015

You will love DSOTM, absolutely great choice. Welcome to the board!!!

5. Tubber Dec 19, 2015

Been lurking around here for a while with the odd post. I would like to get a bit more involved so just thought I would write a few lines and post a few photos of the watches I have. The last camera I had was one of these
    [​IMG]
    so I do apologise for the quality of the photos. I need to practice a bit and I only have a cheapo Samsung smart phone.

[​IMG]
    Older Tag Kirium that I bought new about 15 years ago on the left. Newer Tag Link in the middle and a Rolex 14060 on the right.
    [​IMG]
    A Gen2 X-33 on the left, modern 3750.50 in the middle and a 105.12-66 on the right.
    [​IMG]
    145.012-67 on the top and a 105.003-65 on the bottom with the green lume that no one likes :). Neither will ever be collectors watches but they get worn a lot and they are 321s. Just been serviced in the UK so should be good for many more years.
    [​IMG]
    Newest purchase and hopefully the last for a while.

Garv likes this.
  6. duc Dec 22, 2015

Hello fellow Omega lovers.

I am Charles, from Sullivan, Maine. I've been in the engineering field for 30 years and am now a Department Director at the company I work for. I've been in Maine, and with this company for 19 years (this time). I attended HS and college in Maine, moved away and was lucky enough to find an opportunity with my company when I moved back.

Like many, I stumbled across this site doing research on a timepiece. I'm in the middle of my first Speedmaster (Automatic) purchase and have had a fair degree of trouble. I bought it from a pretty decent website that offers products from many sources. This watch came from The Watch Society. It didn't hold up to advertising, but they seem to be doing all they can to make it right. Currently it is now with The Watch Guy (Christian Dannemann) in the UK, getting the TLC she deserves. I'm not usually a name dropper, but that one has to be an eye opener. He is without a doubt the best customer service person I've ever dealt with. That, coupled with his obvious watch acumen, makes him a true "find". As a result of the troubles, my research and good luck, I now seem to have found the definitive source for Omega technical information too.

I've always had a love of strong tool watches and gravitate towards the Submariner style. The Speedmaster has been nagging me since my youth. I always had one or two, three dial, chronographs in the case and one day realized I should just track down a Speedmaster. The Speedmaster fears no other chronograph (to steal a line offered by one of my pilot buddies). So in August of this year I took the plunge. When I get it back in the pristine condition Christian is bestowing on it, I will be a happy man.

My current collection is down to three if you don't count the Speedy in the shop (Sub, Maratac 3 and G-shock). I cleared out two Christopher Wards, a Suunto, Traser and a Luminox to make room for the Speedy. They say a man with two women will go crazy. I say a man with more than one watch is more likely to. I think when the Speedy comes back, my son is going to finally get what he has had his eye on for ten years (the coveted Sub). That's fine with me. I actually want him to have it when he and I can both get enjoyment out of that fact.

Other than watches, motorcycles and knives, I am an Aussie Shepherd lover. The two in my picture are Dundee (7 year male) and Shasha (3 year female). If you haven't had the opportunity to be around Aussies, you owe it to yourself to make time.

Anyhow, I'll be reading more than I post, because the talent level here seems quite high. If I have anything worthwhile, or if opinions matter, you may hear from me. In the meantime, thanks for making this site a destination.

7. cfw Dec 22, 2015

Hi my name is Francois, I manufacture wooden windows and doors, I reside in sunny South Africa.

Some of my watches are as follow.
    Omega:
    Pe Bond SMP, Bond SMP, Electric blue SMP, quartz Deville, Connie Pie Pan

Breitling
    41mm Colt, 806 Navitimer, Chronomat GT, Gen1 Aerospace

Rolex
    Airking, Royal Precision, Precision, 16570 Expl2, 1500

Tudor
    7995 OD, 75090 Sub, Tuxedo OP, ss OP

TAG
    To many to mention.

8. Ericoh Dec 23, 2015

Hello forum,

My name is Eric i am from Germany, 27 years old. I have been recently infected with a severe virus, Omegas. I am currently in the market to find my first Omega Seamaster (vintage models)! I suspect i won't find cure here, but maybe i don't want to.

Eric B.

Edited Dec 23, 2015
    arkstfan likes this.
  9. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 23, 2015

Welcome. No cures here I'm afraid, which is just the way we like it.

Garv and Ericoh like this.
  10. nightowl Dec 23, 2015

Welcome! No, this is like going to a leper colony hoping to be cured. The upside is, no one finds it strange or laughs at you when your ears or nose fall off. Well, ok, maybe a little laugh, but it's all between friends!

Ericoh and tpatta like this.
  11. Ericoh Dec 23, 2015

Haha. Thank you!

12. cfw Dec 23, 2015

U dont need a nose or an ear to wear a watch

Ericoh likes this.
  13. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 23, 2015

But you need two hands. ::rimshot::

14. dialstatic Dec 25, 2015

Hi all, and a merry Christmas!

My name is Bram, I'm in my mid-thirties, I'm from The Netherlands, and I'm afraid I have a penchant for vintage Omega's. In spite of working in academia, I seem to be able to find funds occasionally to purchase one. Here's a picture of my most recent acquisition: a nice and minty '92 pre-bond automatic (full set). It's not just my newest, but also my youngest Omega ;)

image.jpeg

I think I got the 'bug' from my dad, which may also explain my interest in 1970s divers (he himself was a diver in the 1970s and I fondly remember admiring his Seamasters). Currently, I'm attempting to restore my dad's watches to their former glory.

I've visited this forum many times looking for (and finding) useful information, but I only signed up yesterday on the advise of a member of a Dutch watch forum that I'm particularly active on. In time, I hope to be able to post in the WTB section, as I'm having a hard time procuring some parts. No rush though: this is a hobby for me.

15. JCE Dec 25, 2015

Hi all,

My name is Jim and I am from Finland and happy to join this forum. For me Omegas golden years were the -70s and here is a group photo of what I got in my watch box.
    [​IMG]

16. alvinleeryan Dec 27, 2015

Hey everyone,

New member here - I'm a music producer by trade, making tracks for artists & publishing companies. I'm based in London, but a Yorkshireman at heart. I'm not an Omega owner YET! I do hope to be in the near future - very thankful for the great advice I've received on here so far. I currently have a Seiko to wear daily, like this

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Santeno/media/MISCELLANEOUS/Branding Dictionary/Weekdater.jpg.html

I love the style of this era so am looking to pick up a Seamaster Cosmic or similar. I just missed out on this at a bargain price of $350 :(

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5655/21956407192_85da70c922_c.jpg

Thanks for having me!

Alv

17. nigelp Dec 28, 2015

Hi I'm Nigel I have just joined the forum. I love Omega watches and currently own an Omega Geneve cal. 613 from 1972 and an Omega Seamaster Quartz from 2001 with the SMP case design.

18. seann Jan 8, 2016

Hello,

My name is Sean. I live in Cleveland and wear a Timex Camper. I'm hoping not to in the future. I'm a full time student and single father. I'm currently interested in learning as much as possible about watches and would like to own a small handful someday. I don't need the fanciest or the rarest. Just looking for something respectable I suppose. Though with my tendency for obsessiveness, that will probably change.

19. Baz9614 Jan 8, 2016

Very Nice! Both look great!

20. West Slope Jan 9, 2016

I am new to the forum and also a new owner of a Mark 4.5 (gift/long story) currently being serviced by a local recommended shop. I have never been a watch guy though I do have a cool and pretty rare Tissot I bought from a friend (quartz) a few years ago more because of the limited factor (100th anniversary FIM model) than any real watch interest at the time.

My real passion is motorcycles, which I have owned at least 15 of over the years, but I am enjoying learning more about watches and can see myself acquiring a few more in the future.

https://omegaforums.net/attachments/188495/

IMG_20151108_145759055.jpg