Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. IvanOmega60 Oct 4, 2014

Hi, I'm IvanOmega60.
    And... I don't know what is this site about, but I really like the site name.
    I'm Spanish but I don't want you to talk spanish with me, but I apologize if I have bad grammar or some mistakes.
    I like this place, I hope I can learn more although I'm busy with studies.

2. bish789 Oct 4, 2014

Hi Ivan. Welcome to the forum. I won't speak Spanish to you as I can't speak Spanish.

3. Mothra Oct 4, 2014

Ivan, I think the blog of the forum tells you everything you need to know about what the site is about. http://blog.omegaforums.net/. Welcome.

4. IvanOmega60 Oct 5, 2014

Thank you very much ^^

5. cubeistan Oct 7, 2014

Dear All,
    Cube here, retired since earlier this year DoD civilian, & NW WA State newbie. Former owner of two '67 Speedies, Railmaster XXL, and a gilt, tropical dial '65 5513. The PAM Zero & RXW MM20 below are in the watch box now, plus a few project watches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 7, 2014

Nice Entry!

I see a revisit to Omega (Speedy perhaps?) in your future! ::stirthepot::

There is a Cubeistan over in another forum I frequent... Does " Sun Comes Up - John Legend " ring a bell?::confused2::

7. cubeistan Oct 7, 2014

My evil twin over there yeah no that be me

Ehh stirring, mmmaybe...

8. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 9, 2014

Hello, name is Doug, maybe you've seen me on the WUS forum.

I own some Balls, a marital Chopard, some WUS forum pieces (my Tourby in the avatar, for instance), and quite a few micro-brand divers... I don't own an Omega...... yet!

I happened onto this site by chasing a Dblitzer ad for a beautiful vintage Constellation Arrowhead I saw on WatchRecon... I tend to like simple dials with few numerals, no-date. I do love the latest Aqua Terras, Planet Oceans, SeaMasters. I guess some good news is that my wrist is about 6.5 inches, so I tend to be OK with 37mm+ wide or larger cases, so maybe a vintage is in my future!

Edited Apr 22, 2015
  9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 9, 2014

Welcome Doug, we would be more than happy to enable you thinning your wallet here...........

10. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 9, 2014

Yes, I'm sure you are!

I didn't think posting on the OmegaForums would be without that risk :eek: !

Thanks for the 'welcome' at any rate...:D

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2014

Welcome Doug. You will find coming here from WUS is like Alice through the looking glass. :D

12. Mothra Oct 10, 2014

:)
    Hehe. Doug's got balls. Welcome!

13. Fretworker Oct 10, 2014

Peering into the hesalite ball I can see that a vintage watch looms large in your life, just cross my palm with silver and we'll see what OF can arrange . . . . welcome Doug, hold on to your sanity, it's worth its weight in very heavy and expensive things here

14. George.A Oct 11, 2014

Hi guys, my name is George and I'm slowly discovering the vintage charm of watches. I'm been into watches for a couple of years now and I'm slowly but surely getting tired of the same ETA under a different dial.
    Cheers!

15. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 11, 2014

Welcome George.A to the house of fun and information. Enjoy :thumbsup:

16. George.A Oct 11, 2014

Thank you, nice to be here!

17. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 11, 2014

Welcome George.A Be prepared to deplete your retirement account hanging around here. ;)

18. George.A Oct 12, 2014

Thank you! I am prepared, the only thing is that I don't know if my account is prepared for the same thing (not to mention the wife :)).

19. zcymontmae Oct 12, 2014

oooppppssss I missed this thread, anyway please accept my apology, Hi! I am Zcymontmae, I have been a member of this forum before I took my PO 2 or about 3 weeks ago, I am a Technical Support engineer and we are working in Fire Fighting System specialized in Flooding System. I have been in to watch passion when my dad gave me his Movado 18k solid gold when I got married last 2002 (as wedding watch), since then I do have various watch collection and the first watch I have bought coming from my own salary was Tissot PRC 100 way back year 2009, I took 4 years already collecting watches and now see what happen on my stable when I joined watch forum... I acquired many watches starting last april 2013 when I bought my first serious watch a Tag Heuer Professional 500M followed by Omega Speedmaster date a birthday gift from my wife last August 1 2013 and so on. now the latest catch I have bought two weeks ago are Omega Planet Ocean 8500 42mm, Gucci 101 Chrono and a Ladies Tissot powermatic 80 for wifey (just sharing this passion to her)

and now look what is on my stable

[​IMG]

watchme, TNTwatch, Mothra and 4 others like this.
  20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 13, 2014

Welcome Z,
    A diverse collection you have there !!! Looking forward to see additional box after several months in here ;)