Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Hexicon Sep 20, 2014

99 posts & like most things I do (i.e backwards) I am only getting around to saying HELLO (formally) and introducing myself to OF I,m Keith from Dublin , Ireland.
    Many , many thanks to all you guys who have helped me with info & tips over the last month or so!! Cheers::beer::

S.KocherGuy likes this.
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 20, 2014

Welcome Keith!
    This forum is full of blokes, chaps, brothers, etc., trying to pay back kindness and guidance shown.
    You will learn and spend much.
    First off making mainly withdrawals and then gradually making deposits!

3. Hexicon Sep 20, 2014

Cheers Buck ... A Gentleman & an Uncle :thumbsup:

UncleBuck likes this.
  4. 2nd Mouse gets the cheese every time! Sep 23, 2014

Hi All! New here, living in Utah. For those of you unfamiliar with our area, just look at a map of the western United States, find Colorado and then Nevada. There's an area in between them, sometimes referred to as "Utah", sometimes "Hyre be Monsters" or some such. That's us.

I have an old Eska and a Thoresen chrono, but have lusted after an Omega for some time. Have much to learn; been on the prowl for a lower-end Seamaster or Constellation, probably steel for starters, but not in any rush and open to suggestions, advice, pointers, etc. Very glad you're all here!

Cheers.

S.KocherGuy likes this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Sep 23, 2014

Welcome to the forum, sure you will find this a great place.
    Let's see your Eska, personally have a liking for many of these pieces.

2nd Mouse likes this.
  6. 2nd Mouse gets the cheese every time! Sep 23, 2014

[​IMG]

Nothing terribly fancy, and a bad photo - sorry. A gift from me mum about 30 years ago.

Thanks for the welcome!

S.KocherGuy, Alpha and UncleBuck like this.
  7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 23, 2014

Utah is beautiful, love the watch and the strap, but how about a toast to "your mum" ! (30 years ago she could have gotten you a swatch!)

images3FOSW0RT.jpg imagesFEP7CSP8.jpg
    Welcome to the forum.

Alpha and 2nd Mouse like this.
  8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 23, 2014

Welcome!

I have family in SLC, and have spent a lot of time in Utah over the years. Beautiful part of the country, monsters notwithstanding.

If you're thinking of an Omega, this is THE place to be. :thumbsup:

2nd Mouse likes this.
  9. yande Sep 24, 2014

Welcome 2nd Mouse.. Love that user name btw. Is there a first and third? Fun to imagine.

I'm new here also, and settling into a very relaxed and somewhat close group. As for pointers, not knowing enough as to your desired style, on the watch front I have none, but, I will suggest reading as many threads as you can, straying into other forums, as in, Modern and Vintage Omegas, Zenith, Longines, etc., to keep an open mind.

Then there is the watch sales threads. Just like buying a car, the more you know about the industry, prices, safe buying practices, the smarter you are going to be when buying the watch that you decided on. My first 10 watches were bought on emotion!! You can learn by MY mistakes! 90% of all my watches have come from watch forum sales threads, from sellers with strong positive feedback, who like you, are passionate about horology...

Have fun, it is a fascinating hobby, passion, and the options are limitless.

2nd Mouse likes this.
  10. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Sep 24, 2014

I'm not a donnie and marie fan myself, but I do think you guys are being a tad harsh... "monsters"? Creepy, I'll grant you, but not necessarily monsters.

2nd Mouse likes this.
  11. Bluepoint Oct 1, 2014

Wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Scottsdale, AZ and have been a watch fanatic for as long as I can remember. Initially came to OmegaForums for the Universal section for some information and decided to stay. First "real" watch was an Omega Dynamic. Main focus until recently has been Heuers. But seeing all the fantastic Omegas here made me remember how much I've always loved Omegas. So my focus has now turned back to Omegas. (321 Speedmaster, Vintage Seamaster 300, and in a complete fluke, a "grail" Speedmaster). Great forum!

12. Fretworker Oct 1, 2014

Hi Bluepoint, welcome to the forum from England, this Omega mania is becoming a global pandemic, new members welcomed and pitied in equal measure, oh well I've no regrets - let's hope you fare as well - all the best, nice to meet you

13. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 1, 2014

We are simple, visual folk. Would you be so kind as to grace us with pictures?

14. Bluepoint Oct 2, 2014

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 2, 2014

Welcome Blue Point,
    Very nice collection you have there. Not to mention a Speedmaster Holygrail. :thumbsup:
    H

16. yande Oct 3, 2014

Wow, best set of Heuers since I last visited OTD! Welcome!

17. Bluepoint Oct 3, 2014

Thank you. Really enjoy this forum.

18. Fretworker Oct 3, 2014

Goodness me, what a lovely collection, you mentioned Scottsdale, AZ, now if you might oblige with a fuller address and when you are next going to be away for a few unguarded hours . . . . . . . . . . no scruples here I'm afraid

19. Bluepoint Oct 3, 2014

I've got no problem with a lack of scruples. :)

20. bish789 Oct 4, 2014

First time I've heard of Scruples on here. Is that a brand I haven't heard of before?::jumpy::