Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. lawry078 Jul 20, 2014

Gday,

Jamie here, New to watches Standy gave me a watch to borrow for a day and i'm now hooked.

Looking to make my first purchase.

Cheers

citizenrich and Cliffo like this.
  2. Cliffo Jul 21, 2014

Hi all!

My name is Luke and i am 20 years old from Sydney, Australia.

Here to expand my knowledge about watches and make a few purchases along the way.

Luke

Alpha and citizenrich like this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 21, 2014

Hi Luke, welcome

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 21, 2014

Good to see you on board Cliffo and Lawry078

lawry078 likes this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 21, 2014

A mate of Standy :thumbsup: a big welcome despite the company you keep ;)

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 21, 2014

Your watch I lent him for the day alpha......(your a accessory):eek:

Alpha likes this.
  7. Betelgeuse Jul 21, 2014

Hola!

I'm new to the forum. I'm 27, from Mexico City and I have been really interested in watches a couple years ago. My collection is very limited and I still don't have huge brands in it. But I have been in love with two Omega's, the Speedmaster ref 3570.50 and the Aqua Terra with the blue dial (mostly because it's used by some golfers rather than the 007 movie).

My watches, have come in special dates, like when I graduated and when I started my business, so I like that my watches have a very special meaning.

I'm here to learn more, have a good time and hopefully add some new pieces to my collection. :D

8. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 21, 2014

Welcome Betelgeuse :thumbsup:

9. Betelgeuse Jul 21, 2014

Thanks you Alpha!

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 21, 2014

Welcome Betelgeuse. Also pictures of any brand are welcome..

11. Betelgeuse Jul 23, 2014

Thanks standy. Most of the pics of my watches are in my tumblr - that's how I knew about the forum - and right now you will find my obsession with the Speedmaster and the Aqua Terra. :D

http://espumaqantica.tumblr.com/post/71774498588/tissot-movement-i-was-just-in-the-mood-of

http://espumaqantica.tumblr.com/post/71774618272/hamilton-movement

http://espumaqantica.tumblr.com/post/71774905531/tag-heuer-formula-1-this-was-my-first-real

Tumblr: http://espumaqantica.tumblr.com/archive

12. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 24, 2014

Hi all,

I never posted on this thread before I first piped up so I figured better late than never.

I don't know why I like Omegas, its just one of those things that takes my fancy. I joined to ask about a specific purchase I made (made before finding the existence of this forum; "Google" you say? Never heard of it), which is the TDMP you can see in my avatar. This has proven worryingly addictive though, as since then, and it wasn't too long ago, I have added the 70s Constellation f300 you can see also, and have a linen dial Seamaster 30 cal 269 on the way. Think I should take it easy for a while now though ;)

Other than that, I am an eager amateur with not much watch knowledge, although it seems I can stick around for my bad puns if my few likes are anything to go by.

Thanks for being patient with newbies and sharing your knowledge.

Cheers,

13. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 24, 2014

Welcome Tiny !
    I have a friend nick-named Tiny, he is 6'7" and about 360.
    Hey Tiny, is this you?

14. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 24, 2014

...and coincidentally I have an uncle named Buck...

No, I kid. I'm 6'1" and 185, last I checked, although I just ate a big lunch...

repoman likes this.
  15. italy1861 Jul 26, 2014

Hello all.. I have been an Omega fan since I was a child.. Although I only own two Omegas, (a 63-64 560 auto and a 2001 Speedy Pro) I hope to increase the collection soon with some type of Seamaster… Really enjoy the enthusiasm of all the members on the forum and I've learned a boat load just reading through the threads..

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 26, 2014

Welcome mate

17. Uklas Jul 27, 2014

Hi everybody,
    just posted a question on the vintage section with an excuse, that I didn't post an introduction before. Then I thought, I'll interrupt my important heavy thinking activity on the couch and do some quick and dirty pictures of my vintage watches and introduce myself right now. My name is Klaus and I am an Austrian, living for some years in Russia now. I am loving watches since I opened the back of a watch the first time and saw the shiny and beautiful watch movement (it was an old Tissot of my grandfather). I was about 10 years old at that time and have been lost to watch craziness ever since. In the attachment I send you some pictures of my completely unfocused watches collection, including my latest favorite, an Eterna Kontiki which I bought in a maximum friendly and great transaction from Tom Vox. I have a third omega dress watch, a constellation from the 70s, and I all love them and wear them regularly, but now, after finding your forum, I realized, that I need a speedmaster.
    Have a nice day,
    Klaus
    Foto1.JPG Foto2.JPG Foto3.JPG

NT931 likes this.
  18. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 27, 2014

Hi Klaus and welcome. That's a nice little collection you've got there and this has to be one of my favourite quotes - it made me think of Top Gun.

Uklas likes this.
  19. Uklas Jul 27, 2014

Thank you Stewart, had no idea about Top Gun, but I'm glad that I made you happy :)

20. panamavin Jul 29, 2014

I would like to say you have about the best forum name/image ever!

SpikiSpikester and UncleBuck like this.