Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. bieb1 Jul 2, 2014

Cool collection and great condition!

2. Hijak Jul 2, 2014

Yes, very nice collection...and really like your GS hi-beat too, great dial.:thumbsup:

3. timeismoney Jul 2, 2014

Welcome Fredrik,

Nice collection, a watch for every occasion! But in no time, it is going to balloon now that you have discovered this site :)

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 2, 2014

Hi Gili,
    We we would love to see your CK2913 pictures and your other collection :thumbsup:. Please create separate thread for that.
    If you want to 'revisit' your Omega museum trip memory, we have thread in here: http://omegaforums.net/threads/visit-to-omega-museum-part-a-trip-to-bienne.6443/
    or you could download similar ebook here: http://omegaforums.net/threads/if-y...sit-to-omega-museum-ebook-in-pdf-format.7094/

5. jay_man2 Jul 4, 2014

I'm Jay, and the proud owner of four Omega watches, a Ploprof, Good Planet GMT, SpeedMaster Mark II (reissue version), and Planet Ocean Chronograph (45.5 MM, orange bezel).

Looking to pick up a 3570.50 Speedy Pro, and at some point an Aqua Terra.

I'm also on the Rolex forum, and have a DJ, TT Blue Sub, Sub C, Sub C LV, and white dial Explorer II in the collection.

6. frere Jul 4, 2014

Thank you! I actually bought my very first omega today, a seamaster gmt 2234.50 from 2007. Waiting impatiently for the delivery...

Darlinboy likes this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 4, 2014

Welcome Jay, nice set you have there

8. Hijak Jul 7, 2014

Congrats, lets see some pics when it arrives!:thumbsup:

9. iLiveWithWatches Jul 9, 2014

I'm Jake, I'm from Boston, and I'm 15. I've loved Omegas since I first saw them. I'm saving for a Planet Ocean, it will be my first Omega. My collection currently numbers 8 watches, one of which will be worn when I get a Planet Ocean. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Here is my dream watch on my wrist:
    [​IMG]

Another pic of my dream watch:
    [​IMG]

epl108 likes this.
  10. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 9, 2014

Welcome Jake (from the other side of the pond)

It is great to see someone your age taking an interest in watches and it bodes well for the future. I gave my nephew a 1960 Seamaster for his 18th birthday and you can't believe how happy it made me when I heard how proud of it he is - as a gift, it couldn't have been a bigger gamble.

Feel proud of your collection and please show them to us. It is great to know that the future of our hobby is in good hands.

11. iLiveWithWatches Jul 9, 2014

Here's my (humble) collection (I don't have pictures of all of them):

Rolex GMT Master (gift from my grandfather who bought it in 1963 for $126):
    [​IMG]

Hamilton Khaki Mechanical (33mm version):
    [​IMG]

AVI-8 Flyboy:
    [​IMG]

Scurfa Diver One NATO (SS):
    [​IMG]

Ocean7 LM-5CQ:
    [​IMG]

Victorinox Field Army Chronograph:
    [​IMG]

Deep Blue Sea Chrono:
    [​IMG]

I've got one more (Movado), but no pictures. Probably because it never gets out of the watch box.

Stewart H likes this.
  12. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 9, 2014

That's a great start Jake and some nice photography. Well done and keep it up.

13. iLiveWithWatches Jul 9, 2014

Thanks!

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

Very nice looking 1675 GMT

15. ErikR Jul 13, 2014

Hi

Erik from Norway. Been collecting watches since 2010 and just lately been turning towards Omega, more precisely vintage/NOS type watchco. With that said, i would also like a modern PO, but there is alot of interesting watches hoovering around with the same pricetag. Over to my current collection:

[​IMG]

Watchco 166.0177 "SHOM" NOS. Nice rough diver, (typically 70's design = overdoing it). Changed the hands from the orange ploprof to the original black and white. The 1012-cal isnt exactly an horological orgasm, but all in all a cool watch.

Watchco NOS speedmaster. Difficult to label this with a ref-number. Its a bit frankensteins creation to say atleast. case is 145.022, dial is 35th com. panda, caliber 864 which basicly is a chronometer upgrade of 861. Nicely decorated as well. One of only 2 chronometer certified chronographs from back in the day. Other one is cal.1041. This movement came mostly in some limited edition 18k speedmasters. pretty rare movement. And ofcourse, display back.

Flightmaster 145.036. This is a beast. 5 crowns, 43mm and 7 hands that makes a super messy dial. Its a total mess. But i still love this watch. Cal.911 which is a sibling of 861. Bought this from watchco and i think the hands are original, but the color coded crowns have been changed. The caseback says 145.026 (transitional model inbetween 145.016 and 145.036) but i ordered an extract from the archives from bienne where it stated it was produced 1975, delivered to Ecuador. The watch is in desperate need of a service. Hoping i could fix that this fall.

Watchco Seamaster 300. Bought this some weeks ago. It is in stunning condition. With Omega now in the process of halting all watchpart deliveries except to AD's, these will become rarer and rarer. I figured i wanted to secure one before this happens.

Non-Omega wtches:

[​IMG]

I bought this one when my oldest daughter was born (2012) and therefor i regard this one as a special one because of that. I absolutely love this watch. its boring as hell, but its just perfect at the same time. My Omegas has a lot more charm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ah jes, Citizen. Regarding the number of sold units, Citizen may be the biggest brand of them all. Once in a while brands one doesnt not mention when talking about high end watches does something just to provoke. Grand Seiko did this back in the 60's a much higher scale. Before entering the chronometer parcours in switzerland they just said, screw the cost, screw everything, lets just make the best watches around just to show the damn swiss that japanese watches where superior. The did screw the swiss and the chronometer competition threw out seiko because the just dominated. This Citizen has some of that blood running in its weins. retailing for ~1000usd (crazy for Citizen) you get a crazy Miyota movement (first time citizen has a miyota mvt even if they own miyota..) cal. 9010. Normally you think its a close relative to the 9015, but its not really. Its totally new mvt. Crazy decorated and the rotor looks like defying the laws of gravity when it just spins and spins just like the totem in the movie inception. Personally i think citizen had 2 key strategies in creating these watches (grand classic automatic). 1. Gain a stronger position in the North American watch market for automatics (this watch only distributed in S+N.America). 2. As ETA is slowing down delivery, Citizen might be the movement maker that can deliver same quality and same production numbers. For that to happen they need to prove a lot. And this is step one.

So this is my current collection, but there has been a lot of changes lately. But now im pretty happy with whereim at.

There you go, im looking forward to joining this forums, looks like theres a lot of skilled people here. as the years go by, i might be able to contribute myself:)

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 13, 2014

Welcome Erik, nice collection especially the 864 Panda, should make a thread about that one some time, another member's doing one at the moment: http://omegaforums.net/threads/building-a-new-speedmaster-custom-gemini-or-apollo.14550/

17. HiPo Jul 17, 2014

Hello to all,
    I'm new here, this is my 1st post. Reside in southern Ontario, Canada. Worked in the manufacturing sector for 30 years as well as running my own small business for the last 10. Retired in 2008 at age 48. Don't miss any bit of it.
    Always had a minor interest in watches, but this all changed in 2011. After 37 years with type one diabetes & 8 years on dialysis, I was very fortunate to under go a kidney / pancreas transplant. The kidney took very well but the pancreas completely rejected 3 weeks later. Back on insulin! 9 months later I received another pancreas. This one lasted 8 months & I required another surgery to repair. During this ordeal, I suffered 2 heart attacks (both while in hospital, thank goodness), this last surgery was April 2014. Glad to report I am now a non diabetic & feel amazing!
    Enough of that nonsense.
    Just after my 1st transplant, my wife gave me a nice Bulova automatic. Now officially bitten. She said "you've got lots more time, so let's keep track". 27 years married, hoping for 27 more. Man, do I know I'm blessed.
    In the last 15 months I have purchased a Tissot chrono auto, a Rolex Daytona, a Brietling SuperOcean, and 2 weeks ago, an Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster Pro. all new as well as a half dozen other quartz watches (T-touch, Citizen etc). What fun! My wife got a Rolex, Zenith & an Omega Constellation. We both now share this passion together, as well as our small collection of classic muscle cars.
    Gonna take it easy for a while & enjoy them all. Next on the list, I think, is a Panerai.

Looking forward to your collective knowledge, input & advice.
    Here's to our health,
    Regards, Jon

18. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2014

welcome Jon :)

19. ctime3 Jul 18, 2014

Welcome Jon from Berwyn, PA. Good people on here.

20. flyback Jul 18, 2014

Hi!

My name is Jon, and I come from Norway. I am all about watches. I am looking to add a cal. 321 Speedmaster and a 806/809 Navitimer to my collection. My english is not the best, so i'd better keep this short ;-)

For pictures of my collection, past and present, please check out "flyback_ts" on Instagram.

Best Regards,
    Jon

shempeth likes this.