Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Hijak Aug 6, 2013

Welcome Uwe this is a really great forum, I think you will enjoy if you give it a chance. I'm really sorry that Sinn 103 LE got away that was a nice piece but such is life. That watch has been on my back burner for some time and when I saw yours I knew I wanted it. I had never brought a watch from WUS though and did some digging...your a stand up guy who I would sure buy from in the future!:thumbsup:

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  2. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 26, 2013

Hello to all, a bit late with my intro since I have already placed a post in the vintage section. My name is Pete and I have been collecting/playing with vintage watches for the last ten years as well as a couple of not so vintage. Currently have a couple of vintage Omegas and Rolex, one Speedmaster 1969, one Seamaster 60's, two Rolex GMT's 59 and 85 as well as IWC and Chopard Mille Miglia. I am in the Auto industry, used to sail and travel a lot as I live between Saudi Arabia, Vietnam and Australia so the watches fit for purpose somewhere. After all of that I am a vagrant Aussie. Hope to be chatting much more in the future.

Cheers

Pete

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2013

Nice, welcome Pete

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2013

Welcome Pete. The Mille Miglia is a nice piece & is something we haven't really covered here - it would probably benefit from a run out in a thread of its own ;)

5. davemcdus Aug 27, 2013

Hi,
    I'm Dave. Just joined up here. I've been into vintage watches since I was 16 (a terrifying 22 years ago!) but in the past years with all of the forums around and the wealth of information therein, my interest has blossomed into a big part of my life. When I started out years ago I had a few Omega's. but they were newer so I passed them on in order to buy some 60's Rolex stuff. Recently though I've developed a real love for old Omega again. Really bold dial designs in the 60's and 70's.
    Very happy to be here and looking forward to learning more about vintage Omega. Thanks!

Oh, about myself - I'm an artist. I live in NYC.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 27, 2013

Welcome! Look forward to seeing photos. Also, what sort of art do you do?

7. Hijak Aug 27, 2013

Welcome Dave and would love to see your watches:) ...and if you don't mind also some samples of your art.

8. OrangeSport Aug 30, 2013

Just realised that I never came on this thread to introduce myself. Ooops!

Well, my name's Jason and I live in Essex in the UK. Just bought my first Omega (a Speedy Pro).

Here are a few pictures of my watches. Probably as good a way as any to introduce myself!

RotaryFace.jpg

BenShermanFace.jpg

RolexFace.jpg

MonsterFace.jpg

GShockAviator.jpg

MeistersingerFace.jpg

GShockDigital.jpg

SpeedmasterFace.jpg

BrianMcKay likes this.
  9. Hijak Aug 30, 2013

A belated welcome...that MeisterSinger is cool. :thumbsup:

Central Scrutinizer likes this.
  10. OrangeSport Aug 30, 2013

It is, isn't it? :thumbsup:

It's my dress watch, and attracts more positiom comments than the others put together. Incrediably good value for money, and really well finished.

11. CdnWatchDoc Sep 3, 2013

Hi all,
    Just found this forum, thought I would jump on board.
    My name is Paul, live in the Great White North, and have become a watch fan over the past year. Always liked watches, but didn't get really excited until a trip to Switzerland to visit my wife's family last summer. Now, I see that I have a problem...you know, like those other people who get up and say, "My name is Paul, I am a watchaholic. it has been 24 days, 2 hrs and 15 min since my last watch purchase..."
    I have purchased enough pieces this year to have my wife do the math and call me on it! So I will try to make do with "lusting" after the watches you guys/gals post, as well as enjoying the banter.
    Trev, I noted that you stated you were from Winterpeg...only native 'Peggers use that! Glad to hear that you have found a new home in the land of Oz...
    I have a few Omegas right now, all Seamasters, ranging from the 50s to 60s. Keeping an eye out for a 300 diver in the future...

A couple of pics for your enjoyment... 2013-08-31 14.58.54.jpg 2013-08-31 14.47.25.jpg 2013-08-31 15.00.27.jpg

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 3, 2013

Welcome Jason..:thumbsup: ....... you are neighbor of Alex (Dablitzer). His collection theme is more dressy.....known as black hole for 50-60 Connie waffles.:D

13. Navy_LDO Sep 3, 2013

Hello everyone. My name is Gordon and I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I have no Omegas to speak of yet but will be pulling the trigger on a 3570.50 speedy soon. I have already learned so much about the Speedmaster from canvasing the forums. I am currently on deployment overseas and it has helped pass the time. Talk to you soon.

Cheers,

Gordo

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 3, 2013

Welcome Gordo,
    A wise choice for your first Omega. Handsome, classic and rich in history.

15. joeh4384 Sep 14, 2013

Hi my name is joe. I recently acquired my first and only omega, a black smpc. I recently got into mechanical watches last summer. I bought a tag Carrera (3 hand) and then started looking up watch forums.

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2013

Welcome Joe, the SMPc is a great piece, I'm sure it'll serve you well, and start you down the Omega path :)

17. dragoman Sep 18, 2013

Hello everybody

My name is Rafa. I am from Spain, and I discovered this forum several months ago, while having second thoughts about a watch I had just bought... after having narrowly missed the chance... to a member of this very forum... who happened to have discussed the watch in question here.

I thought that I was lucky to have a second chance on an ultra-chron diver that I was very fond of, but while waiting for it to arrive, I discovered, to my shock, why I was having that second chance. I got in touch with the member of this forum, who was nice enough as to explain me why he was returning the watch. I decided to keep it, but it turned out he was right; the dial was quite hairlined, the bezel was very rough (I was aware of it), and the movement was also quite beaten up.

I wouldn't say I ended with a lemon, but it is not really far from it. On the other hand, I discovered this nice place, so now, after several months, I am back here to enjoy the company of other fellow Omega and Longines lovers.

By the way, my third brand is Tissot.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 18, 2013

Welcome Rafa, you sound like a devoted enthusiast. Good luck in getting the watch properly sorted out over time.

dragoman likes this.
  19. Hijak Sep 18, 2013

Welcome dragoman, nice to have you aboard!:)

dragoman likes this.
  20. chas1133 Oct 6, 2013

Chas here....just joined up here but been on WUS for awhile....no expert just an addict...constantly logged into WatchRecon...love a little bit of everything...vintage O's have been catching my eye lately...