The C-Cased Constellation Thread

Posts
687
Likes
1,257
Im currently on the look out for a C shape 168.029 in 18K gold case.

In scope a model that looks OK to me but is also raising some question marks.

I notice some wear on the fluted bezel and the left lower lug seems to be thinner than the right one (possible result of asymmetrical polishing).

Could I get some opinions, do I miss something?
Yes, you are right concerning polishing. Here mine for comparison. I was extremely lucky to find that one.

 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
Yes, you are right concerning polishing. Here mine for comparison. I was extremely lucky to find that one.

After seeing these pictures half my watches are depressed and the other half melted in jealousy 馃榿
 
Posts
9
Likes
0
Yes, you are right concerning polishing. Here mine for comparison. I was extremely lucky to find that one.

Thank you for posting these excellent pictures, will be really helpfull as reference in my ongoing search. Buying a vintage piece requires lots of study 馃榾
 
Posts
687
Likes
1,257
After seeing these pictures half my watches are depressed and the other half melted in jealousy 馃榿
That's OK. Happened to mine aswell after I added this piece. 馃檪
 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
In love with this one - doesn't look as good without the 1040 - bi-color combinations really shine with a steel bracelet

 
Posts
42
Likes
147
Hello everyone!
Here is my 168.017 "frosty" dial, cal. 564.
I鈥檇 like to find a period-correct bracelet in comparable condition...
 
Posts
444
Likes
878
Hello everyone!
Here is my 168.017 "frosty" dial, cal. 564.
I鈥檇 like to find a period-correct bracelet in comparable condition...
search for the 1040 bracelet with 518 endlinks, alternatively theres the modern 3011 bracelet, the endlinks that come with that arent numbered for some reason, but i have confirmed that the 3011 does also work with the vintage 518 endlinks
 
Posts
3,615
Likes
7,838
1040 bracelet also less commonly comes with 593 endlinks which fit also, should you come across that combination
 
Posts
193
Likes
369
Hello everyone!
Here is my 168.017 "frosty" dial, cal. 564.
I鈥檇 like to find a period-correct bracelet in comparable condition...
That's mine. As it has already been said, 1040 with 518 endlinks.
 
Posts
60
Likes
416
Fresh arrival! Haven鈥檛 seen this configuration before..

Nice find, congrats! This config is new to me too. 馃憣
 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
It鈥檚 the C-Case version of the soleil / blue grey dial, is it the one from the EU auction a month ago?
 
Posts
13
Likes
30
It鈥檚 the C-Case version of the soleil / blue grey dial, is it the one from the EU auction a month ago?
Yes, it is. Do you know if this is a rare version?
 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
Yes it is rare but under appreciated like most rares. I was the underbidder, was quite surprised when I lost 馃榿 Good buy still, congrats
 
Posts
18,307
Likes
27,671
Fresh arrival! Haven鈥檛 seen this configuration before..

Dibs
 
Posts
4
Likes
22
Thanks for the reality check @kaplan. Its not exactly a veritable bargain so I鈥檒l keep my funds in a holding pattern while I keep watching the market for 18k c cases.
Well it took me another year to find a decent one, but finally happy to join the thread!
 
Posts
25
Likes
84
Hi everyone!
After thoroughly reading through every page of this thread and learning about the history of the Omega Constellation and G茅rald Genta, I鈥檝e completely fallen in love with the idea of owning my own piece - the 168.027. Mine is already on its way, and I鈥檒l share it with you next time! However, I know it doesn鈥檛 come with the original signed crystal.
So here鈥檚 my question to you - do any of you have a way to source one? Or maybe someone here has a NOS piece available?
Best Regards,
Mateusz