The C-Cased Constellation Thread

Looks original looking forward to more photos!

Especially of the cracks

Does anyone know what sort of movement the 168.027 originally came with?

I begin to wonder if mine was supposed to have a 561 or a 564... maybe my watch is a bit of a mash of parts of the era after all?

561 or 564 and not 565 - it's supposed to have temperature etc. extra scribblings on the auto bridge as well

Share the close up dial crack photos please 😁

If it's 561 it shouldn't advance the date when you pull the crown, if it does, probably a mashed movement

Its a 561, I will need to decase it and try to get a better photo of the cracks, I'll try to get some more dial photos later though

had a moment so decased for a quick handheld snap, please excuse the focus

Does anyone have any recommendations for 3rd party bracelets that might suit a C-case? the more square endlinks makes bracelets a bit harder to match.

Honest advice: Don't buy 3rd party bracelets or go after makeshift endlinks, it's a money pit - in the long run just buying the 1040's make sense no matter how much you pay, you can make an offer to this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/N-MINT-539...pid=5338899135&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Shameless plug: https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...25-617-1118-017-2045-741.142494/#post-1942836 - I have several 19mm Omega Milanese bracelets for sale 😀

I'm now the proud owner of the oddest 168.029

diamond.jpeg

caseback.jpeg

The caseback is flat, doesn't have the observatory, which made me believe the odd dial could be original as well

Another shameless plug: WTB all kinds of C-Case oddities 😀 Didn't regret making any buying mistakes yet even though I do many, but I really regret letting go of some other rarities because of minor issues, for example there was another diamond dial on sale recently, $3K in price, let that one go because I believed it's case was polished - should've saved that one as well and add it to my C-Case museum 😁

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
I have seen that one 1040 on ebay for a while now, i did feel he was asking a bit much, i normally see them end at around 200 if they have the endlinks locally.

How hard is it to source 518 endlinks? I sometimes see 19mm 1040s without endlinks floating through

Not hard but the price I don't know, it's definitely a better idea to buy with endlinks - I know Omega sells the heftier 593 endlinks as new - I want a pair myself

I saw a bracelet for 60 euros today but I asked too many questions and the seller pulled it off eBay - it only had a replacement clasp of a different model# which is a lot better than a generic bracelet

interesting, if I went to the omega service center with a 1040 with no or one link do you think they would sell me just the endlinks still? I am within easy enough distance of an omega center

interesting, if I went to the omega service center with a 1040 with no or one link do you think they would sell me just the endlinks still? I am within easy enough distance of an omega center

Yes because they produce a modern version, instead of rectangular links it has oval links but it still accepts 518/593 - If you do, I'd appreciate if you can share the experience / photos

Also frontal photos of the blue dial would be nice, the logo on your blue dial is correct for a rare version, yet the last side photo you shared made the cracks look like paint cracks rather than enamel cracks, so maybe it's not a spider dial but an aged re-dial - still an interesting watch

remembering the quote i got for a leather strap and deployant for my speedy from the omega center i do fear what they will ask me for those endlinks or they may tell me i need to buy the 3011 bracelet with it, which if the leather strap was that much i imagine a new 3011 and 593 set would be more than 2 of my c-cases...

sine im going out on a limb and guessing you probably own at least one 168.0027 do you know i the non c-case constellation casebacks for the same 56x movements fit? i.e. could i fit a spiralwinder caseback to a c-case?

I have recently been looking for a 1040 bracelet. I asked my local Omega service centre to see if Omega could supply a new one. Their reply, "the bracelet 1040-518 has been discontinued and as been replaced with bracelet 3011-518, the cost of this bracelet is £390.00". I guess you get both bracelet and endlinks together, so no clarting around, but it's expensive.
I've recently bought the 'alternative' 1172 bracelet (thank you @kaplan) for about half the price ... and am eagerly waiting it's arrival!

I'll post the picture of the 3011 that the Omega centre sent...
Edited:

oh, considering they wanted more than that for the crocodile leather and deployant, that seems positively reasonable...

i will have to visit the omega center again and see, maybe look at that dsotm speedy again while im there

I bought this a while ago, but again like always the correct part is cheaper if you just wait - and to be honest there’s not much to display inside, the observatory is more beautiful - Most casebacks are interchangeable it turns out, but I never tried - this one was marketed for a 168.017

E7C669EA-DF18-473C-A69A-9DCE20E44F8D.jpeg

Honestly I had no idea a 3011 is 390 pounds, I thought it was like 800 - sounds affordable, there was one in UK for around $200, a bit above, they don’t come around often - I missed it, seller didn’t bulge before I came around - and the moment I did, it got sold

I’m collecting all the possible C-Case bracelet combos, steel ones, yet to find a 3011 - when I get them all going to create an extensive thread on them

I bought this a while ago, but again like always the correct part is cheaper if you just wait - and to be honest there’s not much to display inside, the observatory is more beautiful - Most casebacks are interchangeable it turns out, but I never tried - this one was marketed for a 168.017

E7C669EA-DF18-473C-A69A-9DCE20E44F8D.jpeg

Honestly I had no idea a 3011 is 390 pounds, I thought it was like 800 - sounds affordable, there was one in UK for around $200, a bit above, they don’t come around often - I missed it, seller didn’t bulge before I came around - and the moment I did, it got sold

I’m collecting all the possible C-Case bracelet combos, steel ones, yet to find a 3011 - when I get them all going to create an extensive thread on them
the back on my 0027 is very polished, some of the stars are almost gone, so i thought if i was already looking for a caseback, may as well show off that 561.

well, remains to be seen how well it will clean up, movement is pretty tarnished.

Here's an example of 3011/518 on my 168.029. I like this design, it's very comfortable and the look is more "up market" than 1040. I like 1040 too, don't get me wrong. New 3011/518 is 450€ according to my OSC, so in line with the £390 quote.
IMG_8448.jpg

Here's an example of 3011/518 on my 168.029. I like this design, it's very comfortable and the look is more "up market" than 1040. I like 1040 too, don't get me wrong. New 3011/518 is 450€ according to my OSC, so in line with the £390 quote.
IMG_8448.jpg
wow, that bracelet looks great, you might have just damaged my wallet a bit there (well unless my OSC asks me for something ridiculous...)

wow, that bracelet looks great, you might have just damaged my wallet a bit there (well unless my OSC asks me for something ridiculous...)
You're welcome 😉

I'm now the proud owner of the oddest 168.029

Another shameless plug: WTB all kinds of C-Case oddities 😀 Didn't regret making any buying mistakes yet even though I do many, but I really regret letting go of some other rarities because of minor issues, for example there was another diamond dial on sale recently, $3K in price, let that one go because I believed it's case was polished - should've saved that one as well and add it to my C-Case museum 😁

That thing sure looks... interesting 😁 Purchasing a watch like that takes dedication. I admire your passion for C-cased Constellation.