The C-Cased Constellation Thread

Pls show pix of the bracelet, clasp, endlinks and back of the watch then.

the pics arent the best, but the caseback looks unmolested at least

C-Case's suprise a lot, I've seen the blue dial you shared and couldn't be sure whether it's original or not - It's a 40/60 chance - for any other watch it's a 1/99 chance - if you end up buying it would be nice to have a close up analysis

Yeah, I caved... at the end of the day i want it for me more than its collection purposes. If i lose this 40/60 i still have something quite nice anyway, maybe less collectible, but nonetheless a nice piece.

(I was actually planning on *gasp* doing a dial swap of my own to have a nice blue dial)

Will be interesting to see once it arrives

I think you can dial swap with a spider Seamaster 60 dial, there was one for sale on eBay and it was the right size, luckily it got sold before I could commit heresy

I bought a redialed C-Case once, you can see it earlier in this thread, even for that watch I believe it could have been an original but rare dial with white painted indices, I don’t recall seeing any real convincing C-Case redials, so I hope it turns out a rare dial, if it has cracks you can celebrate

What do you plan on dial swapping with?

I perhaps luckily missed a blue dial from a 168.0055 constellation also for the 1011 certified movement, so it still had all the constellation badges, it was a NOS part too... I do still miss it and I still hold out hope that the seller will maybe re-list it some day as that auction ended with no bids...

I almost choked on my cornflakes when I came across this today:
22621039-3k9chh4tlunnyf42c6rh6xip-ExtraLarge.jpg
(Then was tempted to get it just to make our Speedmaster brethren jealous...)

Well that's a surprise! Would be quite a funny watch if done professionally.

Not sure I’ve seen fumeé dials on these before.

very happy with how my first C-case connie has come out after a little bit of work, unfortunately my other 2 are going to need a lot more work before they enter rotation, but you would hardly believe that this piece is around 50 years old i think!

I have a new crown on order, thats the last piece of this puzzle

very happy with how my first C-case connie has come out after a little bit of work, unfortunately my other 2 are going to need a lot more work before they enter rotation, but you would hardly believe that this piece is around 50 years old i think!

I have a new crown on order, thats the last piece of this puzzle
Which model is this one, and the other two?

@m84
Very particular version this one is. I'll start patiently looking for one of these as I love the design aesthetics of the Korean letters.

Interesting side note:
"The Koreans used Chinese ideograms in the past, what is called in Korean “hanja (Chinese characters)”. But since King Sejong (Yi Do) invented the Korean alphabet in the 15th century, it became popular especially in the 20th century.

Which model is this one, and the other two?
This is a 168.0056, I have another 0056 that has a rust problem in the keyless works and a 0027 with a gradation blue dial that i need to take proper photos of still.

that one will need a new stem, crown and mainspring... well hopefully nothing else but I wont know until i get into the service.

This is a 168.0056, I have another 0056 that has a rust problem in the keyless works and a 0027 with a gradation blue dial that i need to take proper photos of still.

that one will need a new stem, crown and mainspring... well hopefully nothing else but I wont know until i get into the service.
Nice. Good luck with the repairs 😀

The blue dial arrived?

The blue dial arrived?
It did, the crown really doesn't fit so i cant live with it but the crystal is a signed crystal and the dial does have very fine cracks but i wasn't able to capture them on photos.

If it is a dial swap it seems to be a legitimate dial anyway, so I am still very pleased. The caseback was really cranked down hard, took a lot to get her open. it's a 561 movement, will see if the watch cleaning fluid will brighten it up though.