The C-Cased Constellation Thread

Hello everybody

Im thinking of buying this example of a ref. 168.009/168.017, but reading through this thread it seems the bezel should be smoot.

As it states in the Desmond blog everyone is reffering to the bezel on this ref. is a "sun guilloche" and as my understanding of guilloche then a bezel like this makes sense? Have also seen other examples around the internet with same ref. and bezel.

So what do people say to this example in recards to the ref. and the shown bezel?
It is very rewarding to catch sunburst in the sunny day? 😉
upload_2021-1-13_22-32-7.jpeg

Your ref. is actually on my hit list - would love to see sunburst guilloche in it's full glory! 😉

The 168.017 is available with both a radial brushed and smooth bezel. This is my gold-capped example from 1968
IMG_5003.jpg
To your points Gents they were coming will all possible combos.
upload_2021-1-13_22-36-8.png
Yet to see original blue dial in solid gold case. 😉

The 168.017 is available with both a radial brushed and smooth bezel. This is my gold-capped example from 1968
IMG_5003.jpg
BTW very very nice example and really sharp edges - beautiful watch! 😉

BTW very very nice example and really sharp edges - beautiful watch! 😉
Thank you, she's quite the looker 👍 !
IMG_5844.jpg
<12/26/20>
Edited:

An 18K 168.029 i bought at the end of last year. The french day-wheel fits, as i bought the watch in the french part of Switzerland.

The strap came with it and will have to go.

constellation_c_18k_(4216)_squared.jpg constellation_c_18k_(4221)_squared.jpg constellation_c_18k_(4224)_squared.jpg

Hi. Happy to add mine to the thread. After seeing so many I am not totally sure, but nevertheless proud to present what I believe to be the first one in the thread with a matt black dial. It changes it's hue though, depending on weather and how the light hits it.

IMG_20210206_161026.jpg
IMG_20210206_160310.jpg
IMG_20210206_160629.jpg

I love it because of that! Before seeing it in person and after seeing it just through fotos, I used to dislike the bricks-bracelet but now I also really enjoy it.

IMG_20210206_155207.jpg

Cheers, everyone!

Rudi

[
black dials .. always so nice ! congratulations .. wish I could find the same ...

Black rials QUOTE="Rudi99, post: 1713699, member: 70589"]Hi. Happy to add mine to the thread. After seeing so many I am not totally sure, but nevertheless proud to present what I believe to be the first one in the thread with a matt black dial. It changes it's hue though, depending on weather and how the light hits it.

IMG_20210206_161026.jpg
IMG_20210206_160310.jpg
IMG_20210206_160629.jpg

I love it because of that! Before seeing it in person and after seeing it just through fotos, I used to dislike the bricks-bracelet but now I also really enjoy it.

IMG_20210206_155207.jpg

Cheers, everyone!

Rudi[/QUOTE]

Well, its been a good few years since I bought myself a watch, the last watch was an Omega Chronostop purchased from @padders which I'd bought whilst in my final year at Uni. Since then, I've graduated and been in my current a Job nearly three years.... I've been umming and aahhh'ring for a while now at buying a C shape. Anyway, last week week I pulled the trigger after spending a bit of time looking at one from Closer0924 on Ebay. It was a slight gamble, but I found a few people had mentioned them around the forums and it was more or less positive.

So here is my Ref 168.017, it turned up three days after placing the order (from Japan to the U.K) which I was staggered about. The watch turned up better than expected! Its off for a service tomorrow!! Not sure whether to ask for the brushing on the Top Face to get touched up or leave it??? Thoughts??

Here are a few pics plus the chronostop (Yes, the orange stitching is slightly off) and I really struggled to capture the textured dial on the C shape.

IMG_7380.JPG IMG_7371.JPG IMG_7412.JPG

C Case constellations are lovely watches and have risen in price over the last 5 years, making the even prettier C case Cosmic a more accessible alternative, what do you think? 552 1.jpg

Hi. Happy to add mine to the thread. After seeing so many I am not totally sure, but nevertheless proud to present what I believe to be the first one in the thread with a matt black dial. It changes it's hue though, depending on weather and how the light hits it.

Cheers, everyone!

Rudi

Beautiful, thanks for sharing

The font differences are very interesting, the Constellation on yours have the two different n's with the differently curved edges that I look for trying to eliminate redials

However, the grey sunburst ones, seem to have identical n's, so Omega used a different font on those, and re-dials seem to follow suit too

This is my intentionally bought re-dial because I can't wear an unruined piece of history:
IMG_4457 (1).jpeg

However, I'm considering selling this and wearing a 168.029

I recently bought a 168.029 that a monster polished - I'll probably look into getting it restored professionally, if it's out of cards, I might brush it myself and wear it - as I have a lot of experience with changing surface finishes (I brush polished buckles / nato hardware etc. to make them match the watches for example)

The monster made the angled corners fade, which is just soo devastating to observe - it's so so sad because the meteorite dial / lume pips etc. are all perfect

IMG_5314.jpeg

Would appreciate advice

This is my intentionally bought re-dial because I can't wear an unruined piece of history:
IMG_4457 (1).jpeg

Hi @kaplan,
Are you sure your grey dial is a redial? It seems all good from the pictures you’ve posted

It's not just a re-dial, it's a re-make, since the colorscheme doesn't exist either

But thanks for the compliment 😀

After buying the ladies Omega with the grey+white combo, I was longing for the same combo on a mens watch, so I had to go for it, and months and months of looking at Constellations, I didn't see another re-dial like it again

I decided to let it go though, going to improve the 168.029 and use it instead

It's not just a re-dial, it's a re-make, since the colorscheme doesn't exist either

But thanks for the compliment 😀

After buying the ladies Omega with the grey+white combo, I was longing for the same combo on a mens watch, so I had to go for it, and months and months of looking at Constellations, I didn't see another re-dial like it again

I decided to let it go though, going to improve the 168.029 and use it instead

Do you have a straight picture of the dial?
If it is a redial, probably the best I’ve ever seen

Do you have a straight picture of the dial?
If it is a redial, probably the best I’ve ever seen

I found this picture, the smearings etc. are reflections

I was impressed too to be honest, the crystal isn't original, the crown isn't for this model, other than that, it was a pretty impressive experience, 1000% better than buying an unused watch, buying a restored Omega instead - it's how I think about it

constellations.jpg

The pics is not good enough, but could be right from my point of view.
@Peemacgee do you think it’s a redial based on the first picture?

I'm a little bit slow to this thread but better late than never because the linen/frosted dials are flippin beautiful!!! The grey is pretty amazing too so it looks like I'll be keeping an eye out for Constellations too now!

How do these watches wear on larger wrists as my vintage Seamaster's (105.005 & 146.007) hardly gets any wrist time due to being on the smaller size and at 37mm, these seem to be on the smaller size too?

C Case constellations are lovely watches and have risen in price over the last 5 years, making the even prettier C case Cosmic a more accessible alternative, what do you think? 552 1.jpg
Cosmic is a no-no for me, but looks great (I do like easy access to the movement)

My wrist is on the petite side at 16-16.5cm, so I personally can't comment 😁

The pics is not good enough, but could be right from my point of view.
@Peemacgee do you think it’s a redial based on the first picture?

Apologies for the late reply @Gui13250.

You're right that the pics aren't good enough to assess the watch properly.

If it is a redial it is very good indeed but I've never seen white hands and white indices on any other C-case. (or any other constellation)
However, I've said it before but it is worth repeating - with C-cases, never say never as Omega appeared to have used them as a testing ground for all kinds of weird shit.
The crown could be one of the (at least three) correct variations found on c-cases.

@kaplan - do you know for sure it's a redial - or did you just assume so because you haven't found another like it?