The C-Cased Constellation Thread

Try soaking the ends of the spring bars with WD40 or penetrating oil of some kind. Naptha is another possibility to loosen up the corrosion. It’s messy but doesn’t harm any finishes.
Thanks for the advice! Already tried that without result, but maybe I should be a bit more patient and try again.

It’s not the first time you see this beauty here (bought from an OF member) but not on my wrist so here it is 😀😉😁

It’s not the first time you see this beauty here (bought from an OF member) but not on my wrist so here it is 😀😉😁
A beauty! Glad it’s stayed in the OF family! 👍

Well since we are all sharing, this is my 168.056. I have had a bespoke strap made from distressed leather and stitching to match the gold. Then I found an omega buckle to fit. She is finally complete. C5A3BE8E-81FC-4017-8C40-FE01D07C626F.jpeg D3BA08D9-2636-419D-BEC9-EC2012E4C88F.jpeg 61FCE974-4B9D-4F94-8F6B-1A741403A317.jpeg

That is beautiful!
Has the case been polished?
Also, Is Meister Omegas hard to find?

Slapped on a spare leather strap in the drawer on this double signed one 😀

That is beautiful!
Has the case been polished?
Also, Is Meister Omegas hard to find?

Thank you, Am no expert on C cases but I believe it may have seen a light polishing in it's lifetime as I don't see it's original facets on the case.
Meister and Turler Omegas are aplenty but to find one in a decent condition is another thing 👍

Hi ! A new strap for this C-shape .. the latest finish from MartuLeather ..sanded ..
IMG_6816.JPG IMG_6817.JPG IMG_6818.JPG IMG_6819.JPG
Rather nice in my opinion .. what do you think ?

Hi ! A new strap for this C-shape .. the latest finish from MartuLeather ..sanded ..
IMG_6816.JPG IMG_6817.JPG IMG_6818.JPG IMG_6819.JPG
Rather nice in my opinion .. what do you think ?
Looks great. Aren't there magnets in the mac book though??

Indeed ! You are right .. there are magnets in the MacBook ! But the watch sat on the Mac only 40seconds, time for the pics .. and because of your comment, I checked to make sure the watch had not been magnetized .. and no, no problem .. Vintage watches (even noted "anti-magnetic") are often subject to magnetization .. much more than recent watches .. it's then a matter to utilize these little (and cheap) equipment to demagnetize ..
Regards,

Hello everybody

Im thinking of buying this example of a ref. 168.009/168.017, but reading through this thread it seems the bezel should be smoot.

As it states in the Desmond blog everyone is reffering to the bezel on this ref. is a "sun guilloche" and as my understanding of guilloche then a bezel like this makes sense? Have also seen other examples around the internet with same ref. and bezel.

So what do people say to this example in recards to the ref. and the shown bezel?

The bezel on a 168.017 should have radial brushing, rather than being smooth:
A0683C35-0FD3-4B9A-B03F-3C102B9B151C.jpeg

Yours might be a little more pronounced than mine, or it could just be the lighting - hard to tell. I’m an enthusiast for, but not an expert on these.

Hello everybody

Im thinking of buying this example of a ref. 168.009/168.017, but reading through this thread it seems the bezel should be smoot.

As it states in the Desmond blog everyone is reffering to the bezel on this ref. is a "sun guilloche" and as my understanding of guilloche then a bezel like this makes sense? Have also seen other examples around the internet with same ref. and bezel.

So what do people say to this example in recards to the ref. and the shown bezel?
In short: OM

= "or massif" = solid gold

This is a different bezel i have only seen on the solid gold ones, so far. I own a watch with the same bezel (need to put a picture in here).

I would be more concerned about the state (polish) of the case.
Edited:

The 168.017 is available with both a radial brushed and smooth bezel. This is my gold-capped example from 1968
IMG_5003.jpg

The 168.017 is available with both a radial brushed and smooth bezel. This is my gold-capped example from 1968
IMG_5003.jpg
Looks very nice!