Forums Latest Members
  1. Jeeper Oct 23, 2020

Hi guys,

My son has decided he wants a Tag Heuer Aquaracer (against my advice).

Does anyone have any experience with dealers in North West of England?
    Any idea on discount?

Currently the best i have been able to achieve over the phone is 15%.

I know that I will do a bit better in store, but was just wondering if anyone on here had bought Tag & what level discount is achievable.

Thanks in advance.

Jeeper

2. Redwes25 Oct 23, 2020

Might try asking this on the sister site Caliber11 (your login for this site will work there). Quite a few modern tag collectors from UK on there.

Turpinr and janice&fred like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 23, 2020

Get him in on a nice Omega......

I know someone wanting to sell a PO :D

https://omegaforums.net/threads/advice-on-selling.121595/

janice&fred, Jeeper and Redwes25 like this.
  4. Jeeper Oct 23, 2020

Ha Ha, I've tried that.

I'd like him to spend a bit more but he is not really keen on Omega & much much more expensive. I would give him the PO if it was what he wanted.

He loves the batman dial look, I'd be happier if he bought Tudor @ sensible price & reasonable ££ retention.

blufinz52 and StudebakerHawk like this.
  5. Jeeper Oct 23, 2020

Thanks Redwes25

6. janice&fred Oct 23, 2020

Get with it. Tag Heuers are the "IN" watch with the sporty and younger crowd. Much better than those stuffy Omegas youse old guys like.

Seriously tho, there are loads and loads of great buys on second hand Tags so convince your son to save money and go that route.

We have just a couple of them in our collection as well. Actually my wife hoards them. :D

IMG_2820.jpg

Turpinr, RI Omega Fan, kip595 and 2 others like this.
  7. Jeeper Oct 23, 2020

Thanks again Redwes,

I have posted there.

Jeeper

OmegaRody likes this.
  8. Jeeper Oct 23, 2020

HA HA,

Stuffy?

Ploprof Stuffy?
    Silver Snoopy Stuffy?

I think not, sir!
    :):):)
    Jeeper

janice&fred likes this.
  9. imagwai Oct 23, 2020

I would exercise caution buying the newer ceramic bezel Aquaracers on the used market. Lots of really convincing fakes out there. Unless you can 100% verify it came from an authorized dealer originally, I would be very wary.

Turpinr, Archer and janice&fred like this.
  10. janice&fred Oct 23, 2020

Pretty much the same for all Tag models old and new. Tag, Breitling and Omega fakes seem to lead the list of the most convincing being made lately it seems. Boxes, books, papers and all.

Turpinr likes this.
  11. janice&fred Oct 23, 2020

Oh those two are the most stuffy of all :D

Jeeper likes this.
  12. RI Omega Fan Oct 23, 2020

In my humble opinion, as a lifelong watch guy and a dad, my advice is to let the kid get the watch he wants. He’ll like it, maybe love it, a lot more if he ends up with the watch he has his heart set on. He’s got the rest of his life to get different watches if his tastes and desires change.

I have friends who love their Heuers. My wife loves her’s. Heuers seem to get a bad rap, which I kinda understand on some levels, but they’re not all that bad.

Oh, and buy it from an authorized dealer.

JohnWoo and YY77 like this.
  13. Jeeper Oct 23, 2020

RI Omega Fan,

You are absolutely correct on every level, I'm just trying to help him out long term. Its not something his heart was set on but he likes the colour combination & would probably stretch to a Roles GMT Batman @ retail (big stretch) but the real cost is ridiculous imho.

If Tudor did BB the colour combo, I think that would be a great buy with COSC in house movement for £3000 GBP..

In fact I might see if I can p/x my 2201.50.00 for one while I'm in town with him tomorrow as we have appointment at Tag Heuer Boutique in Manchester.

Keeper

Edited Oct 23, 2020
    RI Omega Fan likes this.
  14. Jeeper Oct 23, 2020

I think its an aluminum dial! Would only buy it from known source as I'm not qualified enough re fakes.

Jeeper

15. pw92676 Oct 24, 2020

FWIW I think that’s a very nice watch. How old is he and does he really want it? Is it a “I thought about it and this is why I want it” or a ‘spur of the moment, this is the popular thing to get so I want it’ kind of purchase.

If he really wants it and has thought it through, get it! I’m of the camp that ignores value for all watches after purchase; unless they are being sold the value is irrelevant.

noelekal likes this.
  16. Jeeper Oct 24, 2020

Thanks JFWIW
    wrist shot

75A9E2F3-65F5-4F8E-8BF6-F89F7F81966C.jpeg
    RI Omega Fan, janice&fred and pw92676 like this.
  17. pw92676 Oct 24, 2020

Looks great on him!

18. JohnWoo Oct 24, 2020

Got a Couple of TAG watches.
    Bought both as pre-owned, but in A1 condition, on eBay.
    Sent both to TAG in Manchester for FREE authentication before the paypal refund period ended.
    Both confirmed as OK.
    There is a small family jeweller in Nantwich, Cheshire. As it's only a small place [more like a village] they may be flexible on the price of new watches.
    Good Luck.

19. amcclell Oct 24, 2020

My son has a vintage 1950's manual wind Certina that I gave him one year for Christmas and an old Omega pocket watch that I gave him for his birthday - both see occasional use. His older sisters both received lovely vintage Omega watches when they graduated from college. My son got a lovely blue dial TH Aquaracer when he graduated earlier this year that he absolutely loves, so I think @janice&fred may be onto something here.

janice&fred likes this.
  20. Jeeper Oct 24, 2020

If he really wants it and has thought it through, get it! I’m of the camp that ignores value for all watches after purchase; unless they are being sold the
    Thx JohnWoo.

Is that Moodys In Nantwich? I called them today re a Tudor BB GMT. Very helpful & friendly.

My son bought his Tag in the Tag “ boutique “ in Manchester today. I got an itch for a BB GMT, but I have promised myself that I would not buy another watch until I sold 1. Unfortunately I have not succeeded. I still have all the watches, however I Am still hopeful that the PO will go!

JohnWoo likes this.