Seiko Pogue 6139-6001, 6030R - authentic or not

I recently bought a working Pogue 6139-6001 on impulse(and with bad photos from the seller). It's fully working(chronograph, the rotating inner bezel, date change and so on).

The dial looks really nice, but there are some scratches on the bezel.

I am thinking of selling it(focusing more on KS/GS), but I want to be sure that the dial/chain/bezel is genuine. The seller told me it was, but I am not an expert.

Btw it looks better in real life, I will try making better photos with normal lighting.
Edited:

Well it certainly had a hard life.

I'm not an expert but, as far as I remember, a white inner bezel can either mean it's a heavily faded original yellow one (these should have silver lettering) or in case of black lettering then an after market replacement.

Unless it's just the angle of the photo, the outer bezel "60" doesn't align with the 12oc marker which indicate, at the very least, it's been taken off at some point so read into that what you will.

The quality of the photos are not good enough for me to make any comments on the dial

Here is a picture in daylight. Artificial lighting pics were bad.

How much do you reckon I should sell it for? I am trying to fund my obsession that is GS/KS.

IMG_20240618_111036.jpg

From that photo my vote is the dial is genuine but the lume plots are degraded and unattractive. My original comments regarding the bezels stand. Case looks ok and the bracelet looks genuine but these were poorly made anyway hence the reason the end link is not sitting properly after all this time

How much do you reckon I should sell it for? I am trying to fund my obsession that is GS/KS.
I have not kept track of the prices so If I were you, I would look at recent ebay completed sales for rough prices. I bought mine 5 years ago for around £650 and the watch market has risen since and then dropped (tanked!) substantially. I would be surprised if you could get more than £350 in it's condition in the current marketplace but that's just my own guess

£350 is close to what I paid. I think it's a fair price. I wonder what's the best place to sell it. Should I try the forum here or maybe Reddit or the Seiko/Citizen forum?

I am in EU, no idea where most would be buyers are from. And I haven't sold a watch before tbh, but soon I will have to thin my KS ones too, since I can't wear all of them anyway.

Honestly, I wouldn't be selling it if it looked mintier, it's just so much easier to find minty KS. Also I like the idea of having both hours and minutes on a chronograph.

My ideal chrono would have 3 dials for seconds, minutes and hours. While the main dial should also have seconds, minutes and hours.
Edited:

hould I try the forum here or maybe Reddit or the Seiko/Citizen forum?

OF is fine for selling but you do not currently have the privileges in place to use it.

Read this https://omegaforums.net/threads/ple...s-rules-for-all-listings-inc-parts-wtb.54177/

Maybe in a few months. That said, in my experience, most collectors on here are looking for real collectible examples or if "project" type watches then they will want a very good bargain deal

I'm more a buyer than a seller so maybe not the best person to answer on other forums

From that photo my vote is the dial is genuine but the lume plots are degraded and unattractive. My original comments regarding the bezels stand. Case looks ok and the bracelet looks genuine but these were poorly made anyway hence the reason the end link is not sitting properly after all this time

I have not kept track of the prices so If I were you, I would look at recent ebay completed sales for rough prices. I bought mine 5 years ago for around £650 and the watch market has risen since and then dropped (tanked!) substantially. I would be surprised if you could get more than £350 in it's condition in the current marketplace but that's just my own guess
I recently bought a seiko navitimer and I was combing through some pouges (even resist) and I was surprised how much prices have fallen. They never sat long on the mini ebay type sites I tend to use now even good examples sit for a while. Now if the housing market could just chill a bit which I think I’m seeing cracks in around my area.

You didn't show a caseback photo... The 6139-6001 was a short lived transition between 6139-6000 and 6139-6002, and is unlikely to be any later than early 1971. The dial is genuine and is from a late 1972 or later watch... This is a mismatch, so either caseback or dial have been changed at some time.

Even as it is, it's worth more than £350.

I recently bought a seiko navitimer and I was combing through some pouges (even resist) and I was surprised how much prices have fallen. They never sat long on the mini ebay type sites I tend to use now even good examples sit for a while. Now if the housing market could just chill a bit which I think I’m seeing cracks in around my area.

I guess they can be an acquired taste I love mine. I think I will always have it in my collection. Its a great casual wearer in the summer especially. It is so different and adds a touch of sunshine to my day. Probably one of my cheapest buys but also the watch that receives most comments when I wear it

You didn't show a caseback photo... The 6139-6001 was a short lived transition between 6139-6000 and 6139-6002, and is unlikely to be any later than early 1971. The dial is genuine and is from a late 1972 or later watch... This is a mismatch, so either caseback or dial have been changed at some time.

Even as it is, it's worth more than £350.
I will try taking a good photo of the back and post later. It does say 6001.

I guess they can be an acquired taste I love mine. I think I will always have it in my collection. Its a great casual wearer in the summer especially. It is so different and adds a touch of sunshine to my day. Probably one of my cheapest buys but also the watch that receives most comments when I wear it
Tbh they are one of my favorites. I bought one I’m really nice condition from a cool member here. It’s not a true pouge but I love it. The nurses at work call it my wanna be iron man watch. I was just commenting on the price.

I learned the hard way to only look for minty ones, because when I see a minty sample of something I have, I am like: Damn, I want that, why did I buy a scratched one? 😁

But I couldn't find any minty Pogues back then and most had problems or aftermarket dials.

Sorry for the delay. Here it is. Please share your thoughts: IMG_20240620_152016.jpg
Seiko decoder says:
The watch was made in August 1970,1980

Very nice 6139-6001 Proof caseback doesn't match the later 'R' dial.

Very nice 6139-6001 Proof caseback doesn't match the later 'R' dial.
Is it likely that the caseback was changed or is it more likely a replaced dial?

'Could be either, no way of knowing for sure.
Every watch has a history. Over 50 years anything can happen.

'Could be either, no way of knowing for sure.
Every watch has a history. Over 50 years anything can happen.
What do you reckon is the best place to sell it?

I just bought more vintage Seiko today and I have to start thinning things(I will probably sell some 56KS too).
KS/GS can be addictive. Seiko should put in brochures with a disclaimer 😁
Much like pokemons, there's always another model and another dial. And I am even keeping to just a few calibers...

Yellow Pogues are easy to sell, and this is a nice one. You could advertise it in the sales section on this forum. Or put it on eBay auction with staring price £99 and let the auction run to the end (That's when all the snipes come in). I reckon you should get over £400 for it.