Forums Latest Members

SOLD SEIKO POGUE 6139-6005 June 1973 Good orig condition running well $900 USD

1. SOG53 Mar 10, 2023

Offering for sale OF members

1973 SEIKO POGUE 6139-6005 Automatic chronograph
    Very good example in original condition.

Watch Specifics

Reference Number: 6139-6005

Model: Seiko "Pogue" , nicknamed after Col Pogue who wore the watch on SkyLab mission in 1973 and used it to time rocket firings instead of the NASA issues Omega Speedmaster. He is also the only astronaut to go on strike while in space, demanding more time to contemplate the universe!!

Case Size: 41 x 46 mm

Movement: Automatic 6139B 17J chronograph, running well keeping good time, all functions working properly, chronograph resets to zero. Day/date changes at MN and quickset function works as it should. Reported to be serviced "cleaned and oiled" by prior seller who I have bought several other watches from with satisfaction. However consider service before regular use, always a good idea.

Crown and Pushers: Original dimpled unsigned crown, works as it should. Pushers appear to be original and function normally with chrono start and stop and reset. Gaskets reported changed by prior seller.

Case Material: Stainless Steel. Case in good unpolished condition, shows some dings scratches signs of use appropriate for age of watch 50 years, visible on photos.

Caseback: Original cade screwdown caseback, in good condition with signs of use and several scratches from opening attempts in past, text is all legible, marked Stainless Steel 6139-6005 Water resistant, Japan J, SEIKO with Suwa logo in middle, Serial number 362779, indicating origin date June 1973.

Band Material: Tapered H link Seiko Stainless steel, I believe to be original, but not sure cannot guarantee to be original. Wears comfortably, clasp opens and closes normally. Appears to be full length with 13 full links,fits my 7 3/4" wrist easily, with one additional slot to lengthen on clasp.

Crystal: Seiko Hardlex correct for watch- very clear, reported new NOS replacement according to prior owner. Minimal scratches with magnification nothing major. 1 light scratch going down from 1:00.

Tachymeter Bezel: Original correct "Pepsi" blue and red bezel, with some scratches and marks consistent with wear and age of watch.

Dial: Vibrant original yellow dial, sunburst "T" dial excellent condition, Subdial with minimal patina at edges, which is a common finding with these. Lume plots in good condition no significant functioning luminescence consistent with age of watch. Dial markings 6139 between 7-8 hr markers, and 6009T between 4-5 hr markers. Good yellow inner rotating bezel with clear printing and no color fade noted.

Handset: Original hour, minute hands with intact lume. No wabi darkening noted. Original red sweep hand and red subdial hand matching red color.

Included / Not Included: Watch does NOT include any boxes, paperwork, or extra links.

PRICE: $900 USD net to me, Zelle or PP FF, PP GS of but buyer covers 4% fee please.

SHIPPING: Not included in above price, Insured signature shipping, recommend FEDEX or DHL, to be discussed amount depends on location. The watch and I are located in Toronto, Canada.

Watch is in very good condition and runs well. An honest clean example of this Seiko Pogue from 1973. I have described watch to my best knowledge and photos document condition accurately. Movement photo from prior seller could update if needed by request, but will require opening and potential compromise of gasket seal.
    NO WATERPROOF GUARANTEE- recommend keeping vintage watches away from water (despite what caseback says!)

No returns please unless I have materially misrepresented the watch. The watch is functioning formally, but no guarantee for future function can be provided for vintage watch.

I have 4 positive OF feedback- 2 as seller and 2 as buyer, plus 20 years on ebay with over 570 feedback 100% positive,.Ebay name cooper7440

https://omegaforums.net/threads/excellent-transaction-experience-with-sog53.155298/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sog53-is-a-great-buyer.153716/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sog53-seamaster-chrono-145-018.155918/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sog53-is-a-great-seller.156777/

Thanks for looking!

Thanks to OF for the space.

IMG_4894.JPG IMG_4897.JPG IMG_4899.JPG IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4901.JPG IMG_4922.JPG IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4924.JPG IMG_4903.JPG IMG_4914.JPG IMG_4917.JPG IMG_4918.JPG IMG_4919.JPG IMG_4921.JPG s-l1600 (8).pdf.jpg

2. SOG53 Mar 11, 2023

OHPF

vonSlingshot likes this.
  3. mrbreen Mar 11, 2023

This is gonna look even better in person. Very nice example. Congrats to the buyer and the seller!

Brianstoops likes this.
  4. SOG53 Mar 13, 2023

SOLD to OF member, thanks and thanks to OF for the space

Yak1 and Bille like this.