Forums Latest Members

Recommended Vintage OMEGA WATCHES (only) On EBAY (NOT for Inquiries)

1. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 1, 2017

::popcorn::

2. westmtn Feb 1, 2017

I've used Paul's quite a bit (maybe 6-7 times). He's great to work with and does stand behind his work but admittedly you have to know what to expect. His prices are very reasonable but I don't consider his work a full restoration. He will do a basic service and make sure the watch is working properly but he won't go out of his way to replace worn parts or to ensure the watch is running within COSC spec. Admittedly I've had his work on an automatic critiqued pretty harshly from another watchmaker but I've never had a problem sending him a manual wind. If you're looking to clean up an old watch he's absolutely fantastic. He does amazing work on cases, re-luming hands, crystals, etc. If you're looking for a full restoration on a movement I would look elsewhere.

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 1, 2017

I've had more than a dozen watches serviced at the seller's shop, including quite a few chronos. Always had great customer service & never any issues with the work.

I'm curious why you say his work is questionable - certainly not my experience over several years.

ahsposo and Jwit like this.
  4. wsfarrell Feb 1, 2017

Indeed---he relumed a set of Speedmaster hands for me using some old radium he had stashed away. In a flashlight test, the hands behaved exactly like the tritium markers---they glowed dimly and faded quickly. Pretty impressive.

5. BurntAvocado Feb 1, 2017

I may send this guy a cheeky bid and see how he responds.

6. ConElPueblo Feb 2, 2017

Kreindog24 likes this.
  7. BurntAvocado Feb 2, 2017

Wasn't me who got it. I bet it was someone here though. Great piece

8. Kreindog24 Feb 2, 2017

Wish it had been me. I was ready to buy it but hesitated a moment too long. Then I emotional and started looking for another one (because if you miss a good deal you think you can immediately find another one as if they replicate like rabbits) and almost made a mistake. Thankfully I asked my new friend Mr. Pueblo and took a step back to reevaluate! Thanks for bring this one to our attention though. I really like this thread and learn a lot here. Cheers

Jwit likes this.
  9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 2, 2017

Now that this one has climbed past my comfort zone...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311788385939Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

Case is sharp enough to shave with. Uncommon for these early gold-capped Constellations. They are usually over-polished to please the "Ooooh, shiny" crown. Not this one. Movement is clean looking as well.

Word of caution...there have been 97 bids on this watch. Almost all from two bidders competing with their own "ladder bidding" system.

Guilloche dial with unusual (but not unknown) fonts. There have been a few like this on the forum.

Good luck if you decide to go for it.
    gatorcpa

10. Searching Feb 2, 2017

11. Searching Feb 2, 2017

12. ConElPueblo Feb 2, 2017

...Must...Have...That...Tarnish...Uuurggghh...!

Seriously, what a dream watch :eek:

Searching likes this.
  13. ConElPueblo Feb 2, 2017

cristos71 likes this.
  14. Searching Feb 2, 2017

OK, I m sorry. Will not do it again.

15. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 2, 2017

He's searching for the directions on how to do it right. ::rimshot::

ahsposo likes this.
  16. rexquando65 Feb 2, 2017

I was the lucky buyer. You know I looked at this one a week ago but because of snap back I passed. When I saw ConElpueblo's recommendation I went with it. Thanks for your input everyone.

17. wsfarrell Feb 2, 2017

pueblo.jpg

18. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Feb 3, 2017

Here's an OldiePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network in a silver cushion case. In that era (i.e. 1920's), my impression is the American watches were much superior (like a Hamilton 987 movement) but I don't have any supporting evidence. Anyone want to chime in?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142265399325?rmvSB=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

E39Talon likes this.
  19. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 3, 2017

Is that an inquiry?

Jwit likes this.
  20. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Feb 3, 2017

Not at all. I'm not planning to purchase the watch. I'm sure the watch is in good condition, original dial, and from a reputable seller.
    I did piggy-backed on the post the thought of Swiss vs. American watch quality from the era.