Forums Latest Members
  1. pjb21 Jun 3, 2021

Hi,

I am new to the forums and have owned my Seamaster since September it's a lovely watch and I wear it in rotation with my Navitimer, but I would say it's my go to daily.

The other day when I came to take the watch off pushing the buttons on the claps seemed very stiff, when pushing something gave and one side of the pushers stayed locked in, the clasp now falls open, I have found a piece of a small spring that that I believe has come out of the clasp somewhere, in addition the locking mechanism on the clasp now seems locked.

The clasp is the adjustable one with the diver extension, I have an appointment at the Omega Boutique tomorrow will they be able to sort it under warranty?

I do have the 5 year warranty card in place but I am wondering if they can fix or will need to send it off? If so I will need to get a spare strap will they be able to assist with this?

Thanks in advance for the support.

2. brianbpb Jun 3, 2021

Do you have an Omega AD near by? I would maybe start there...or at least give them a call. If not, perhaps a local jewelry place can take a look to see if it's a simple repair.

3. SkunkPrince Jun 3, 2021

Sounds like your spring broke. One would hope they had those in stock. I would get an inexpensive strap like a NATO just in case. In any event, they won't have to send off the entire watch, just the bracelet, assuming they need to send it period.

4. pjb21 Jun 3, 2021

Thanks guys I'll grab a NATO in the shop and hope they can fix my clasp on the bracelet.

5. Donn Chambers Jun 3, 2021

There have been several threads on this. It appears to be a relatively common fault on these clasps. I believe Omega is replacing them under warranty. So, either contact Omega or your dealer and ask to have the entire clasp replaced and not repaired.

6. SkunkPrince Jun 3, 2021

Curious why you say this? If only a few parts are a problem, why replace the whole thing?

7. Donn Chambers Jun 3, 2021

Because Omega has determined this is a defective part and is replacing them under warranty. Omega tends not to bother fixing bracelets and clasps, they just replace the whole thing. But if you want to mess around with seeing if you can have someone take it apart and figure out what is wrong, then feel free. I would just get a new one, since this is a known problem.

8. SkunkPrince Jun 3, 2021

Oh, well, if they're doing that by default, then there's no reason to ask.

9. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jun 3, 2021

10. pjb21 Jun 3, 2021

Thanks all as mentioned I’m heading into the boutique tomorrow morning so will update here on what happens. I’d be happy with them just replacing the clasp as it seems defective.

11. pjb21 Jun 4, 2021

Ok update guys, took the watch in today to the boutique, it was actually the store manger who dealt with me.

he said the clasp would be covered under warranty, but he would have to send off the whole watch as he couldn’t just send the bracelet and clasp. I enquired as to why and he said it’s new process.

I was hoping I could keep the watch and put a NATO strap on it however that seems not possible.

Anyhow just letting you know in case anyone has a similar issue.

eldiano84 likes this.
  12. Donn Chambers Jun 4, 2021

interesting that they wouldn’t just send in the bracelet. I wonder if Omega has identified another issue with the batch of watches that has that bad clasp and has decided to service the full watch to deal with it. Note, I am just speculating here.

13. SkunkPrince Jun 4, 2021

Possibly that a failed clasp might mean a dropped watch and they want to inspect it?

14. pjb21 Jun 4, 2021

That’s an interesting point I will keep you posted on the reply.

15. pjb21 Jun 4, 2021

the manager did have a good look at the watch, it’s not been dropped at all, it keeps great time hence I was a bit upset when they had to send the whole thing as I wanted to wear it with a different strap.

16. pjb21 Jun 25, 2021

Just an update guys, got a call today and picked the watch back up, it’s been 3 weeks to the day when it was sent and they have replaced the clasp with a new one. Overall happy with the timeframe and job is a good one all covered under warranty.

17. kcgunner Jun 27, 2021

Good to hear. I had issues with my clasp too and they replaced it with a new one with a slightly different part number. So it looks like the issue has been fixed. I would highly recommend everyone send theirs in to get the new clasp before there is an issue like you can't get the bracelet off!

18. HeuerSteve Jun 28, 2021

I would recommend you take it back to the AD. But I would say that the old clasps were much better

19. eldiano84 Jun 30, 2021

Did they replace the bracelet too or just the clasp?

20. vadimo Jun 30, 2021