Forums Latest Members
  1. Cod Holliday Sep 13, 2021

We have discussed this several times before, but it appears that Omega is now coming close to turning the ratchet on excessive discounting on their popular models.

Being a realist I know that the discounts have been somewhat hard to come by for popular models like the Seamaster and Speedmaster.

Then there was chatter about Omega increasing their wholesale pricing and putting more pressure on their ADs. Now Bruce Williams has made a full video about this...

Only time will tell how this plays out. I think they have a long way to go but they definitely seem to be heading in the direction.

2. ATL Jack Sep 13, 2021

I am about to find out. I plan on purchasing a 300M soon from an AD that gave me a good discount about 18 months ago.

rand8086, mtor91 and pdxleaf like this.
  3. mtor91 Sep 13, 2021

keep us posted - btw, whenever members get discounts, are they including tax?

hope to buy another SMP from my AD next weekend, got 12% off last time plus no tax (13%) as I paid cash The SMP buy was last November just after the price went from 6800 CAD to 7050 CAD which is current price

Edit - I can’t do math

Edited Sep 13, 2021
  4. nicolamilton Sep 14, 2021

Omega is "heading that direction" since I don't know when. A few days ago, a close friend got a SMP with a 25% in Spain.
    The only way for Omega to achive it is by closing ADs and cutting down their trade margins, that is what I think will happen.

Fusion, rominvicta and Commisar like this.
  5. Omega D Sep 14, 2021

The most I could get was 12.5 % for my Omega DeVille prestige plain silver dial on leather strap. I tried 2 AD’s, maybe should of tried more?

6. rahul718 Sep 14, 2021

I can give you an idea. I bought 6 Omegas from my AD previously and a few months ago when I inquired about a Diver 300m I was not offered the same discount, no matter how nicely I asked. I was assured that I was still getting a better deal than new customers. I still bought it in the end, but for about $450 more than it would have cost had my previous discount been extended.

Commisar, Cod Holliday and Omega D like this.
  7. scapa Sep 14, 2021

I've been told several time by my local AD that Omega have cut their margins on new product. I have no idea what those margins once were, but it seems pretty clear that the oft-mooted discounts of 30% off new models won't be easy to find, of at all, especially on desirable watches like Speedmaster and Seamaster.

For example, I was told that no discounts were available on sapphire Speedies and the new SM300, and was then offered a small amount (5%) as a loyalty bonus. That contrasts with the 1000.00+ I received off the last new Omega I purchased there.

I guess this may solidify resale values for popular models, at least over the longer term -- short term the "30% off" mantra still seems to apply -- but it does mean that a 6k Omega may actually be a 6k Omega, which may change the value equation for some, especially if you tend to flip your watches often. We'll see what we will see, I guess.

Commisar and Cod Holliday like this.
  8. philips Sep 14, 2021

Makes pre-owned more attractive.

Fusion, rand8086 and Kim like this.
  9. Commisar Sep 14, 2021

Correct

NiB Seamaster Pro 300s can be had for 25% off retail all day.

Omega needs to wake up.

Premaster and nzshadow like this.
  10. Cod Holliday Sep 14, 2021

Not sure where you live but where I am, even gray pricing is 15% or so off on SMP300 and getting ttighter by the day. Your statement is correct for other Omega models (minus the speedy ofcourse).

11. Cod Holliday Sep 14, 2021

Yes I recently visited my AD and he had all the Seamasters/Speedmasters in one Kiosk and all the other Omegas in a different kiosk.

There was no white SMP, blue was rubber only, black was available in bracelet. He didn't have 3861 sapphire, was told its about a month wait. He did have hesalite in the back, not in the kiosk. I guess he didn't want to sell to anyone. SMP and Speedy was no discount according to him. He could be pulling my leg but I didn't press or commit to purchase that day so I can't be sure. Usually, that's when you really know the limits.

All other Omegas were 30% off without asking. They had a sign there. Not a good look and I am not sure Omega approves of that.

12. RealityComp Sep 14, 2021

I asked about a discount on a 1863 Speedmaster from the AD where I bought my Aqua Terra. No discounts on any Speedmasters old or new was the reply.

Commisar likes this.
  13. guppydriver Sep 15, 2021

Wow

If I could score a 30% discount on a green AT150, I'd buy it this second!

14. Cod Holliday Sep 15, 2021

Call Topper Jewellers and ask for Rob.
    Let us know how much did you score.

Commisar and 64Wing like this.
  15. ducatiti Sep 15, 2021

Not sure if Rob can do 30%.. perhaps before tax? pls let us know

16. guppydriver Sep 15, 2021

I'm in Toppers all the time. I stay in Burlingame when I can't get home from a late flight. I absolutely will see what he can do next week. I was told by another associate that he felt comfortable he could do 15%, but I never thought in a million years to offer him 30%.

17. nicolamilton Sep 16, 2021

This is how an AD can lose Omega.

18. Bucks Sep 16, 2021

Don't know if this counts but I'm having the discontinued Speedmaster racing 40mm reverse panda dial delivered to me in the next few days. I bought it new and from a grey dealer with full box and papers. New at AD MSRP was $6500aud. Best I could get atm was $5400 and this isn't a popular model. I have small wrists so it's perfect for me. Last year I bought a new Seamaster diver in blue and boutique would not discount. Online AD gave me 20% off with full box and papers.

19. Cod Holliday Sep 16, 2021

Good bit of info. Last year, two tone Rolex and Datejusts were plenty at Rolex kiosks.

A lot has changed since including at Omega.

20. 64Wing Sep 16, 2021

Man, sounds like I did good at $3600 for a BNIB 1863 Speedy hesalite back in Oct 2018. Then I got a notification that my warranty was extended to 5 years because it was purchased after July '18.

That was from an AD even

Faz, rand8086, Alfista88 and 2 others like this.