Forums Latest Members
  1. Kingkongsfinger Jul 31, 2019

On a standard Speedmaster moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.006 (sapphire crystal version)

£ 4470.00 (GBP) list price.

I have seen them brand new in the box, unworn and 5 year warranty for £ 4000.00 at several places.

Am I fair to ask a OB or AD to price match this, has anyone has any experiences?

Also it looks like Goldsmiths offer a student 10% discount, I could send my son there, anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance

Otterina likes this.
  2. gbesq Jul 31, 2019

OBs are very unlikely to price match, particularly on a popular model. A 10-15% discount would not be unusual at some, but certainly not all, ADs. If you’re willing to forgo the manufacturer’s warranty, the grey market will offer the most favorable pricing.

3. SantaCruz Jul 31, 2019

PM

4. rainking Jul 31, 2019

There are plenty of reputable gray market sellers who have better prices AND provide valid, stamped warranty cards.

Tigeranteater and gerrya like this.
  5. rominvicta Aug 1, 2019

20% off is an achievable target! You shouldn’t have a problem getting it at an AD. At an OB almost any discount is impossible. Do not lose your time going there.

6. mblease Aug 1, 2019

I managed to get just under 20% discounted off a brand new Moonwatch at a local AD earlier this year. Just ask! It’s the good guy discount... “I’m a good guy, you’re a good guy...” etc. you’ll be surprised what works!

Kingkongsfinger and rominvicta like this.
  7. tzachi Aug 2, 2019

A normal moonwatch is easy to get. Many official / AD and non AD sellers. I got 25% from AD.

Kingkongsfinger and rominvicta like this.
  8. Otterina Aug 2, 2019

I noticed a lot of UK goldsmiths offer student discounts, and wish they did that elsewhere too! It's totally unheard of in NL..
    I'm curious to know if/why sending your son there would be any problem.

9. speedytoronto Aug 2, 2019

I got 24% off new standard hesalite speedy at an AD this spring. I did pay cash to get from 20 to 24% though. This AD offered me 20% off any standard Omega I wanted.

10. Daz4311 Aug 2, 2019

Is there a ad in northwest england were i could get discount...looking at a planet ocean gmt black and white

11. rainking Aug 2, 2019

Buy from a reputable seller on here or other forums and you can do better than all that. About two years ago, I bought my Pro from Kringkily on here--brand new full set, including the shipping container, watch still in the plastic coffin, freshly stamped warranty card, everything--for $3500 delivered two-day express to my door. That was 33 percent off the then-MSRP of $5250, and it was the final total, not a percentage discount off the MSRP but you then still have to pay tax on the final sale price, which adds hundreds back onto your outlay.

gerrya likes this.
  12. Dougiem Oct 10, 2019

Hi Members

First post so go easy. I'm looking to purchase my first Seamaster at the ripe old age of 63. Does anyone recommend any AD's in the central belt of Scotland?