Forums Latest Members

NTTD Milanese Bracelet...........Uncomfortable????????

1. Barstoolman Dec 31, 2020

I recently purchased, (then sold), the NTTD 007 Edition Seamaster with Milanese bracelet. The 2 main reasons were the lack of flexibility, which caused a large gap on the side of my wrist, as well as it being strangely uncomfortable where the clasp closes, as a result of the thickness at that point.

I was so disappointed as I just loved the way the watch, particularly the bracelet, looked. Any other owners have the same issue?? Hopefully, its just me and the rest of you are enjoying this beautiful watch!!!!

MG-Speedy, Hands90 and Spruce like this.
  2. s2000_driver Jan 1, 2021

Yes, depending on the size and shape of the wrist, it can be very uncomfortable. I've tried it on and thought it was easily the worst bracelet/strap I've ever tried on.

nokaoi1 and Batchelor like this.
  3. munichblue Jan 1, 2021

Im so sorry but I have to say, it’s just you. ;) For me it’s just one of the most comfortable bracelets I ever had, the clasp isn’t a problem. It’s so comfortable that I still wear it during nighttime. But I’m guessing it’s like always a question of the individual fitting to one’s wrist.

24407F45-288C-429B-B65E-5337DC2D48FB.jpeg

4. MrHyde20 Jan 1, 2021

I always thought the main selling point of milanese style bracelets (other than style) was the comfort... You hear that so often in reviews of the style, but I guess every wrist is different. Beautiful watch.

5. Barstoolman Jan 1, 2021

If you ever used the first or second hole from the top (your wrist measuring less than 6 3/4"), there would be significant overlap on the bracelet and that caused the discomfort, but if your wrist is larger than that, you’ll be fine.

6. AYTifosi Jan 2, 2021

Yeah, that's too bad. My wrist measures seven and a quarter, I'm on the third hole. I find the bracelet extremely comfortable and haven't noticed the buckle being an issue.

I'm not into Nato straps, but ordered one. I figured it would be good to have for the kit, but also thought I would give it a try for a looks. I'm imagining it's going to be pretty comfortable. That might have been the way to go versus sell the watch?

vintage hab likes this.
  7. Capcom Jan 2, 2021

Sorry to hear that you had a problem. I found that it was extremely comfortable when adjusted correctly.

8. munichblue Jan 2, 2021

You’re absolutely right. My wrist is 8.2 and I’m on the 6th hole and then there’s no big overlap beneath the clasp.

E54C0B3E-7A51-4C48-AB2A-C84434F5E26C.jpeg

SuperHero and Capcom like this.
  9. bernhard Jan 2, 2021

I do not own this watch, but I tried it at the OB. My wrist is 6.3 inches and I thought the clasp part is extremely thick and uncomfortable.

marco likes this.
  10. aleksejeremeev Jan 2, 2021

A strange combination of such a clasp and a Milanese bracelet.

marco, wsfarrell and Gruesome like this.
  11. bernhard Jan 2, 2021

A bit off topic:
    I was very much surprised, by the fact that outlook shows me a quoted message in Russian (cyrillic), even though munichblue wrote in English.
    Aleksej, did you use google translate or similar?

132786BA-20BE-41A0-B42C-20D5F1A1D368.png

12. Herac Jan 3, 2021

Just received mine (v2 strap). First hole but didn’t feel uncomfortable...

5E13A800-7B5D-410A-B924-56EBAE0C170D.jpeg
    rominvicta, SuperHero and munichblue like this.
  13. aleksejeremeev Jan 3, 2021

Yes, I use Google Translate. You've got me figured out. ))))

14. KirkN Jan 10, 2021

Thank you for highlighting this. I thought it was just me!
    My wrist is around 7” and I can’t get the strap to sit comfortably either. And the clasp irritates my wrist, leaving a red mark and indentation.
    I’m currently on the 4th hole. Slightly loose, but the closest compromise for me.

I’ll probably take it in to an OB if we ever get out again, and ask for their advice. Buying the NATO is another option, but not ideal as I’ve already spent close to eight grand on the ‘Bond’ screen-worn version ☹️

I ordered the watch direct from Omega online, due to lack of stock in the shops at the end of last year. Not sure if a few minutes try-out in the store would have helped though.

15. Barstoolman Jan 10, 2021

I feel you buddy! As mentioned previously, I intended this watch to be my daily wearer as I love the look of it so much. I was so disappointed at how uncomfortable the bracelet was for me. Half the beauty of this watch for me is the bracelet and to go with the NATO strap, as nice as the watch still is, just doesn’t do it for me...... that’s why I let it go! Fortunately, I got a nice discount on the watch so there was no out-of-pocket loss for me.

Anyway, hopefully you can work something out and still enjoy your watch

16. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jan 10, 2021

I mentioned elsewhere but I found that I needed a third hand to put it on:
    1. The wrist
    2. My right hand to hold it in position
    3. Another hand to clip it together
    So, I’ve had a go but I’m sticking to leather straps for the time being

17. vintage hab Jan 14, 2021

I just received my NTTD and love it. Very light. I find the Milanese bracelet very comfortable: I have 7 1/4" wrist and am on the 4th hole (out of 7).

Not sure why you would need three hands to put it on. Once it's adjusted to the right length, you leave it permanently in the chosen hole, and simply use the clasp to put it on and off. One hand is sufficient (besides the wrist with the watch).

odanrot and munichblue like this.
  18. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jan 14, 2021

I generally wear watches tight on my wrist. I’ve always assumed it’s more effective with an automatic and I find it more comfortable that way. I have metal bracelets that I have no problem with but clipping one half of a Milanese to the other is too difficult.

19. KirkN Jan 14, 2021

It is very odd. Like most folk here, I was struck by how light and comfortable it is. At the end of last year, there were a few examples in store with the NATO strap, but the bracelet was out of stock just about everywhere in the UK. So my only experience was with the NATO.

A couple of weeks later, it suddenly went from 'out of stock' to 'available' on the Omega website. I quickly snapped it up, and smiled at my good fortune!

Fast forward to today, and it leaves a red imprint of the clasp on my wrist after wearing it for longer than 10 minutes :(

It actually makes my wrist red and sore. My wrist is around 7" and I use the 4th hole. Depending which hole you use, the bracelet can get wider, but it does not add any (much needed) depth. So it doesn't matter what hole, it still presses a triangular imprint of the clasp on my wrist.

When we get back out, and the OB's are re-opened, I was thinking about popping in to see if they had any ideas. Maybe they could adjust it (ie bend it with pliers) for me. Failing that, I may buy the NATO and wear it that way.

Shame though, as I wanted the 'Bond-approved' version for when I go out on my next mission!

Or maybe just sell it and buy something else.......

Spruce likes this.
  20. munichblue Jan 14, 2021

I genuinely think you’re doing something wrong.