Forums Latest Members

New Clasp for NTTD Milanese Bracelet

1. BMDJag Mar 30, 2022

I recently saw a post on reddit that claimed that the OP's authorized dealer claimed the bracelet he ordered (Small variant) for his NTTD watch had a updated clasp which address some issues with fit and some other issues. They also claimed that they had swapped manufactures in the process.

Has anyone heard of this? I am currently waiting for my watch to come in but my AD has got a hold of a small bracelet for me. I contacted the OP and they provide a picture of the bag their bracelet came in and there are two differances:

1. The part number is listed as "020TIZ013012 / DE". I assume the DE could refer to Germany but its implicitly called out on the part number on the bag where as the "older" one does not and instead just has "020TIZ013012".
    2. In the bottom right corner of the label the "newer" strap has 09.22 vs 08.22 on the "older" one. Could this indicate a revision or is this something else?

Anyone have any insight? Just to clarify, reason I am curious is that if this clasp offers a better fit I would obviously be interested in that.

2. mrmike585 Apr 1, 2022

Hey man, I have nothing to add I just felt bad that you hadn’t received any response lol

I browse the forums pretty regularly and have not seen a mention of any updated clasp

I have seen updated bracelet construction, as I guess the first iteration had an issue with fracturing in the area where the mesh met with the tube that the spring bar passes through.

Obviously we’re all aware they come in different lengths

Hope to hear more soon, these bracelets are fantastic and so comfortable

ConElPueblo likes this.
  3. BMDJag Apr 4, 2022

Thank you for responding. I have been sick for last few days so was not able to respond but it was apricated that you did. My AD contacted the parts department for Omega and they stated there was no updated clasp. I ended up getting the watch and its great but unfortunately it does seem that I have the issue where the 4th hole will cause the strap end to bind with the pivoting point on the clasp. Not sure if this is only a issue with some straps or all of them but would think at this price point this is something Omega would resolve.

Outside of that the fit is great (small strap) although my best fit would probably lie between hole 3 and 4, but what can you do. Loving the watch otherwise.

Thanks again

4. serolf.13 Jul 29, 2022

This is interesting. A smaller clasp would definitely make a difference.
    I surely would like to know if this is true.

Even some of the Speedy clasps vary in size, if I am not mistaken.

Are you able to post the photo of the clasp from that Reddit post you saw?

Edited Jul 29, 2022
  5. serolf.13 Aug 4, 2022

6. Mspeedster Aug 4, 2022

The Reddit post is 5 months old, posted in March. If there really is an updated clasp (which I don't know), I'd assume that all the short bracelets just come with it now. I bought my watch in June with the short bracelet together, so don't know the part number. But it looks exactly the same as the pictures in that reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OmegaWatch...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Edited Aug 4, 2022
  7. the_drunk_dial Aug 4, 2022

Latest part number for the short Ti is 020TIZ013012. The clasp is a little flatter, but the problem that most people have is the closure end of the clasp digs into the wrist. I’ve found that wearing it backwards makes it a lot more comfortable.

You really just need to come to terms of it being very poorly designed. I prefer it on a nato anyway. I don't see Omega going too long without an overhaul of that bracelet. You really need removable links for deployant clasps, unless it’s a strap that is custom measured so the deployant sits exactly where it’s intended.

Edited Aug 4, 2022
    serolf.13, Mspeedster and mk2rick like this.