Forums Latest Members

spring bars for 20mm NTTD milanese

1. mrmike585 Apr 4, 2022

Hey guys, I have ordered the stainless version of the No time to die milanese, I have read other threads on various forums of guys that have added the omega milanese to the smp pro (non bond titanium) and that the milanese does not come with 20mm spring bars.i have to assume the bars that come with the watch on bracelet will not work correctly, why else mention the milanese dosent come with them, one could simply use the bars that they already are using with the oem 9 link bond bracelet

I have the newest iteration of the SMP pro, it has 20mm lugs, but i have also read forum threads that say this is actually uses 19mm width spring bar with the bracelet

I have no idea what information is correct, but I have found a great website called swiss watch spares that sells all sorts of omega oem components..they have two options that would seem to fit the bill but because of the conflicting information I've read I'm unsure exactly what to order

they have 20mm bracelet/19mm strap bars ....and they have 21 bracelet, 20mm strap bars

do I already have the correct bars?, I bought the watch on bracelet, and the bars work just fine with the oem rubber strap, which is also advertised as being 20mm

any insight would be great, I have already ordered the bracelet and want to have the correct spring bars on hand when it arrives which should be any day now

Thank you!

2. YY77 Apr 4, 2022

Bracelet on 20mm lugs require 068ST2207 = 22.428 mm, straps require 068ST2208 = 23.317 mm.

AD/OB are cheapest place to order from around 4 usd/euro/pound a piece.

dstfno and NT931 like this.
  3. SkunkPrince Apr 4, 2022

You can reuse your bars. That Swiss Watch Spares site is selling for more than list price because most people don't know you can order that stuff directly from Omega.

4. mrmike585 Apr 4, 2022

Thank you for the replies fellas. My first thought was to try the bars I already have, Logically I couldn’t think of any reason why they would not work regardless of the width of the bracelet/strap etc the springbar spans the lug width all the same.

I guess I was just thrown off by other posters mentioning that the Milanese came to them without springbars... to me that implied a disappointment that it wasn’t usable right out of the packaging without purchase of the correct springbar, but it seems I have just read too much into it

5. chrisb732 Apr 7, 2022

Don't forget to show us some pictures when yo get it all together.

6. mrmike585 Apr 7, 2022

Absolutely I will post photos. It’s been 10 business since I put my order in, my guy tells me there’s really no way to know anymore how long it can take ..and I have no choice but to understand lol

Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later

chrisb732 likes this.
  7. chrisb732 Apr 7, 2022

I know that feeling!

8. mrmike585 Apr 19, 2022

45D86AE9-5457-4C88-93FB-C87DC516F8E0.jpeg DE27B10B-6D21-49DD-9ED6-679E27A53254.jpeg 28C9CA6E-EA1D-4195-89B0-B7D80EC4AAFC.jpeg 42320093-DAF0-472D-AEC8-80A2C8AAFF66.jpeg Bracelet arrived today and it is beautiful. But I want to warn fellow members who may buy this bracelet that I now know why it was mentioned that it Dosent come with spring bars.... it’s not a length issue but an outside diameter issue.

The bars that come with the watch on the typical seamaster bracelet or the rubber strap are too fat to slide thru the Milanese end link tube. I tried every omega and sundry other no name springbar that I had on hand and none had an outside diameter that would pass thru. The stock omega bracelet bars wouldn’t even make it past the first shoulder.

I texted with my guy and he said come on back and he’ll find something suitable, it’s my own fault for not letting him mount the bracelet before I left the store, They were soon to close for the day and I didn’t want to keep anyone, it was my fault for showing up near closing time and I also frequently change straps and I rather enjoy tinkering. So I’ll head back tomorrow and get it sorted out

Shame on omega for not selling their bracelet with bars to match, I can understand not providing bars for a strap or bracelet that uses common springbars, with the assumption being that there must currently be a strap or bracelet on your watch head, so just reuse what you have.

This Milanese very clearly takes a unique springbar, to spend hundreds of dollars and not be able to use the product straight away is unfortunate.. I would have gladly paid for and ordered the bars at the time of ordering the bracelet. My guy at the AD also had no idea that it took unique bars and I don’t place any blame on him for this, there is obviously no attentions or warnings in the omega parts catalogue to add the correct bars when ordering the milanese bracelet

I will attach some photos of what I have now and tomorrow hopefully we can add a photo of the finished product lol

Hope this helps someone down the line, I love this forum it is always a source of knowledge for me

Alfista88 likes this.
  9. mbp Apr 19, 2022

That's frustrating. I never noted that with my NTTD model. Are the lug holes standard size on the watch itself, or smaller? I tried to fit a titanium bracelet from an America's Cup Seamaster but couldn't get it to sit. I cannot recall if it was because of the bracelet not lining up or the spring bars not fitting.

10. mrmike585 Apr 20, 2022

I believe the lug holes on the latest 300M are standard size, I’ve mounted lots of different straps that have quick release style bars etc, never had an issue as long as they were 20mm widths

Going to the AD after work, I assume he’s got a big box of various bars that they use to service various watch brands etc and he seems to think hell have no problem. His text responses were confident

To be continued lol....

mbp likes this.
  11. mrmike585 Apr 20, 2022

Measured the inside diameter of the Milanese end link tubes with some gage pins at work, they are .061” which is 1.55mm.

So i checked online and you can purchase 1.5mm by 20mm spring bars from several sources and that’s exactly what it’s going to take to mount this bracelet up

Just thought I’d update this thread with some real numbers to help fellow members/enthusiasts like me who drop by to learn

Happy 420 lol !

12. mrmike585 Apr 20, 2022

F23F7CF8-C22B-4486-B382-3FDB69A4F29D.jpeg Got it all mounted up and I am loving it. I could my man at the AD also was into it because after I put it on and sized it for my wrist he asked to hand it back over so he could try it on his own wrist!!
    He made the comment and I do agree that this would be such a cool option for the stainless 300M diver line in place of the standard “Bond” 9 link bracelet.
    In my opinion if Swatch/Omega is willing to “risk” their status and image by really taking a turn from the Rolex approach, why not go all the way and allow even MORE customization at all levels of their catalogue. I think this hobby can be so much fun or it can be a total pissing match.. tho I suppose this can also be said of a lot of hobbies

Some photos.. I will probably make a full thread post about the bracelet after wearing it for a few days/weeks

F5636C8A-2E7E-43E7-A9E4-A671A90EC981.jpeg 0421B7DE-22CD-4A00-9746-FD78130E4A73.jpeg 46242082-3978-4587-BB3E-3F15722A28C3.jpeg 5FA8836C-47F9-469F-921A-92BDB74DBABF.jpeg
  13. mrmike585 Apr 20, 2022

This Milanese is incredibly light and comfortable. Not quite titanium level weight but a stark contrast to the stock bond 9 link design tho the 9 link is just as “silky” as far as wrist wrap is concerned.

I have heard negative reviews of the Milanese being called more of a “bangle” type bracelet and not comfortable. I can understand this criticism if you are unfortunate to be on the extreme of “in between” hole sizing.

I ordered the standard length bracelet ends and I am on the 2nd to smallest hole on my
    7inch wrist. Perhaps the small bracelet would be better simply based on where I am in the range of available holes.. I have to assume this bracelet fits anywhere between slightly under 7 and up to 8inch maybe more?

If given the choice to take a chance on the small now that I have this I don’t think I would, the hole position I’m on feels as comfortable as far as tight/loose as my 9 link bond bracelet which has finer adjustability. I have hit a sweet spot on this 2nd to last hole and I’ll consider myself lucky to have it fit exactly as I like it there, because one hole bigger is definitely loose for my taste and I can barely close the clasp on one smaller which would be the smallest hole available

I am ever so slightly tight and I have to assume this will loosen up the smallest amount or more over time so I’m really looking forward to wearing this everyday and putting some mileage on it.

Total cost was $750 before taxes and I would do it again. I was tempted by the titanium variant because I wanted the lightest weight, but for practically double the cost ($1400) and the obvious metal mismatch, I decided to save a few bucks and also get a bracelet to case metal match.

I don’t think there’s anything else I can do to this watch. I’ve owned it 2.5 years, worn it just about everyday and it’s kept excellent time and brought me a lot of joy.

I think this is the best it has looked and felt, and I’ve had a lot of fun playing with straps and bracelets, figuring out what I like and don’t like etc.. found out about Uncle Seiko, who makes some killer bracelets and drink coasters!

I’m tempted to try and get a Rolex just because it’s something I’ve always wanted, but it’s so easy to enjoy Omega and get your moneys worth. I will eventually try at the closest AD about an hour or so from me but I’m a working class man and funds are limited, I can make a splash only so often

Take care my friends

Alfista88, chrisb732 and Ck375 like this.
  14. PATRICK JP Jun 20, 2022

I was not aware Omega made the same bracelet in stainless steel. That great for people who have steel watches

15. PATRICK JP Jun 20, 2022

Beautiful.

16. imranbecks Mar 3, 2023

Wow if only I had come across this thread before I made my purchase for the mesh. Google search and it brought me here. Finally got the mesh after 4 weeks of wait, quite fast I guess. I was so excited but the fat springbar my SMP 2220.80 came with doesn't fit into the mesh endlinks when they tried fitting it. The staff at the boutique was clueless. So I left the boutique with the mesh in tow and will go look around AD's to see if they have the springbar or last case scenario, as advised by the boutique, to check with the Omega service centre.

[​IMG]

ErichPryde and Alfista88 like this.
  17. M'Bob Mar 3, 2023

This is interesting. Is the length you post for each quaternary from Omega, or measured? The reason I ask is why the overall length would differ if the the intended inside lug with changes by 1mm exactly?

18. YY77 Mar 3, 2023

I got this from @Archer.

I think there is also a post where he explains/shows the difference but can't find it.

Maybe this will also help in which you also posted:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ed-white-springbars.121470/page-2#post-1630353

M'Bob likes this.
  19. imranbecks Mar 4, 2023

Thankfully a nearby watch service centre have the correct springbars that would fit into the thin tube of the mesh endlinks so I don't have to wait till Monday to go to the Omega service centre. Darn it. Omega should've included springbars with the mesh.

[​IMG]

ErichPryde likes this.
  20. ErichPryde Mar 4, 2023

Damn, that is SHARP.