New Bond Omega?

Has anyone else had similar experiences to @abrod520 with regards to the reflection and legibility of the dial?

@Hubert bought one recently and says he doesn't have the same problems with it.

thanks @abrod520, I wonder if there was a defect with the reflective coating.

I don't know, mine was earlier on in production. But Hubert says that the reflections just don't bother him - they're still there though.

The crystal is domed. The AR coating is only on the underside. So it would make sense for it to be reflective especially if you have gotten used to wearing the other models with the double AR coating which has little to no reflection at all. The NTTD watch is different that way.

I just don't understand why sellers still do this....

51589950886_372ba9f211_b.jpg

::facepalm1::

The crystal is domed. The AR coating is only on the underside. So it would make sense for it to be reflective especially if you have gotten used to wearing the other models with the double AR coating which has little to no reflection at all. The NTTD watch is different that way.

My observation is similar to yours. Both the NTTD and new Seamaster 300 have the same "reflections issue". My experience is that after a couple of weeks our eyes get more used to the lack of AR coating.

So is it still more or less confirmed that the watch will be around for a while to purchase? Hope they don’t stop production anytime soon.

My AD thinks they will be in production for a while. Usually the dealers know when production is going to stop and often there’s unsold inventory around. Someone know the story with the Bond lollipop Seamaster from a few years back? That’s probably the analogue.

My AD thinks they will be in production for a while. Usually the dealers know when production is going to stop and often there’s unsold inventory around. Someone know the story with the Bond lollipop Seamaster from a few years back? That’s probably the analogue.

I heard production until the next Bond movie goes into production. I guess it would be considered a limited production but not edition.
The Spectre edition was "Limited" to 7,007 units. They did hold their value quite well.

Unlike the Spectre limited edition Seamaster, I doubt the No Time To Die Seamaster will go up in value soon because it isn't a limited edition. One can easily buy it now at retail or even discounted from an AD. The Spectre watch, being limited to 7,007 pieces, sold out within a year or so after the movie was released and it slowly went up in value. It costs way over retail now for it preowned. Maybe the NTTD watch will go up in value once production for it has stopped, but that won't happen in at least another 2, 3 or 4 years at least which is usually when the next Bond movie will come around. So its hard to say. Even so, I doubt it would be anywhere close to how much value the Spectre has gained over the past 6 years. Right now, its safe to say the NTTD watch will be easily available, especially once the hype for the movie has died down. Expect some good discounts for it from AD's too down the road.

50183295627_63d550fcca_b.jpg

Hello all, my first post here.
I own one of the Goldeneye era Seamaster quartz models that I've had for about 20 years and probably haven't worn in 5+.

Dealing with deciding to buy this 007 model now or standard black dial Seamaster right now. This thread has been a great source of info for a noob!
Initially I firmly coming down on the side of 007. But after looking at it online for a week and reading everything possible I glanced back at the black dial and it looks so much starker, sleeker, and sexier than the muted tones of yellowish-orange on dark brown 007!

Anyone else turn on the new 007 model after initially being attracted to its different look?

I'm not a big bracelet fan and love nato straps. Think I've settled on the the black dial and a black/grey strip nato to go with it.

I do like titanium lightness though and hope I've made the right decision. From this thread and a couple of others here, apparently the 007 weighs 73g on a nato and the standard model weighs 101g. Not sure I'll even notice the difference?

...maybe the next gen will have a black dial / white markers / grade 5 titanium version???
Edited:

I do like titanium lightness though and hope I've made the right decision. From this thread and a couple of others here, apparently the 007 weighs 73g on a nato and the standard model weighs 101g. Not sure I'll even notice the difference?

I tried it on a couple of times and its definitely lightweight and very noticeable as opposed to my steel Aqua Terra which feels heavy in comparison. At times it feels like it isn't really there around the wrist. Very light and I love the feel of it.

51498671426_3061eae46e_b.jpg

51499599520_fc1b6922d9_b.jpg

49556228796_23d6f52899_b.jpg

I tried it on a couple of times and its definitely lightweight and very noticeable as opposed to my steel Aqua Terra which feels heavy in comparison. At times it feels like it isn't really there around the wrist. Very light and I love the feel of it.

51498671426_3061eae46e_b.jpg

51499599520_fc1b6922d9_b.jpg

49556228796_23d6f52899_b.jpg

dammit man, now you’re making it harder! lol

I own one of the Goldeneye era Seamaster quartz models that I've had for about 20 years and probably haven't worn in 5+.

Dealing with deciding to buy this 007 model now or standard black dial Seamaster right now. This thread has been a great source of info for a noob!
Initially I firmly coming down on the side of 007. But after looking at it online for a week and reading everything possible I glanced back at the black dial and it looks so much starker, sleeker, and sexier than the muted tones of yellowish-orange on dark brown 007!

Anyone else turn on the new 007 model after initially being attracted to its different look?

I'm not a big bracelet fan and love nato straps. Think I've settled on the the black dial and a black/grey strip nato to go with it.

...maybe the next gen will have a black dial / white markers / grade 5 titanium version???

Have you considered the 300M with the full black ceramic case, titanium bezel, and grey ceramic dial? It is available on both rubber strap or black/grey nato.

Have you considered the 300M with the full black ceramic case, titanium bezel, and grey ceramic dial? It is available on both rubber strap or black/grey nato.

i have. It’s probably my favourite. But the idea of dropping it and the case cracking scares me too much.
Edited:

I was torn between the Ceramic and Ti one vs the standard Steel one too. The Ti on the markers and hands is amazing when it catches the light. I ultimately decided that the spacing on the rubber strap holes didn’t fit my wrist that well, plus the risk of dropping it was too much. Stunning piece though!

Toying with the Black and Grey NATO strap for my Black and Steel one at some point though. Really nice that.

dammit man, now you’re making it harder! lol

Get the Aqua Terra..lol. And FYI, coincidentally both watches are seen in the movie. Glimpses of the Aqua Terra can be seen while Bond is in Matera in the pre title sequence 😉

51484311374_56bc01dc6e_b.jpg

51613165002_556a0e74e5_o.jpg

49726951201_8d3dc71212_o.jpg

I was the opposite of you. I wasn't overly drawn to it from the pictures, I thought it was attractive, but then again many watches are nice eye candy. I was in an AD for another watch and saw it in person, then couldn't get it out of my mind. I find it really stands out. The brushed titanium makes it look like a full on utility watch and I like the warmth of the dial, lume and metal bezel. The milanese tapered bracelet is also lovely. I've since purchased it and should be getting it tomorrow 😀

Hi All, I purchased the watch few days ago from my local AD. The watch is great, but I noticed something disturbing on the dial. It seems there is a shadow of the hour hand on the dial. The watch was on the display for quite some time and it looks like the light 'burned' the hour hand on the dial. Do you think this will fade naturally now that the watch is used or should ask for a replacement?

Hi All, I purchased the watch few days ago from my local AD. The watch is great, but I noticed something disturbing on the dial. It seems there is a shadow of the hour hand on the dial. The watch was on the display for quite some time and it looks like the light 'burned' the hour hand on the dial. Do you think this will fade naturally now that the watch is used or should ask for a replacement?
Ask for a replacement or repair.