New Bond Omega?

Hi All, I purchased the watch few days ago from my local AD. The watch is great, but I noticed something disturbing on the dial. It seems there is a shadow of the hour hand on the dial. The watch was on the display for quite some time and it looks like the light 'burned' the hour hand on the dial. Do you think this will fade naturally now that the watch is used or should ask for a replacement?tempImageyCpRdZ.png
After a few days? Definitely bring it back, at these prices it's unacceptable in my opinion.

Hi All, I purchased the watch few days ago from my local AD. The watch is great, but I noticed something disturbing on the dial. It seems there is a shadow of the hour hand on the dial. The watch was on the display for quite some time and it looks like the light 'burned' the hour hand on the dial. Do you think this will fade naturally now that the watch is used or should ask for a replacement?tempImageyCpRdZ.png

That's the first I've seen on that. Definitely ask for a replacement. On display for a while? You mean you bought the display piece from the boutique? They didn't give you a new piece?

Get the Aqua Terra..lol. And FYI, coincidentally both watches are seen in the movie. Glimpses of the Aqua Terra can be seen while Bond is in Matera in the pre title sequence ;)

51484311374_56bc01dc6e_b.jpg

51613165002_556a0e74e5_o.jpg

49726951201_8d3dc71212_o.jpg

I like this watch ....but to ask a dumb question ...why is it priced higher than the Seamaster?
I look at it as a nice entry level Omega and the Seamaster being a step up in every way ....but its actually more expensive.

I like this watch ....but to ask a dumb question ...why is it priced higher than the Seamaster?
I look at it as a nice entry level Omega and the Seamaster being a step up in every way ....but its actually more expensive.

Not a dumb question. I sometimes wonder why as well. Not to mention that the AT is an older model with the Master Co-Axial and not with the METAS certification like the Seamaster Diver is. My local currency lists the AT as $150 more than the SMP.

38195836964_9dbff8fd11_b.jpg

51615144947_2962066f04_b.jpg

That's the first I've seen on that. Definitely ask for a replacement. On display for a while? You mean you bought the display piece from the boutique? They didn't give you a new piece?
It was the only one with the mesh (v1 mesh to be exact and I wanted the watch to be screen accurate) plus it is a small AD. The watch was sent to Omega today. I hope they will replace the dial so I can enjoy the watch without any further issues ;)

It was the only one with the mesh (v1 mesh to be exact and I wanted the watch to be screen accurate) plus it is a small AD. The watch was sent to Omega today. I hope they will replace the dial so I can enjoy the watch without any further issues ;)

Ah I see. Yes the V1 is the wise choice. I'm sure Omega will sort it out for you.

Ok, so I finally pulled the trigger and bought the NTTD watch. I absolutely love it! Since this is my first real Omega, though, I had a question regarding the crown position…

In this photo, the crown is screwed down all the way, but the Omega emblem isn’t facing upwards towards the 3. I was always under the impression the crown should be facing up toward the 3 & the bezel.

Is it normal to be facing the way it is in this photo, or is this a manufacturer mistake?

Thank you!

Normal. Omega doesn't index the crown on these. On the Rolex Forums, a lot of people complain about the same thing, but even on those pricier watches, they aren't always indexed.

Over the service interval of the watch, the crown gasket will compress and gradually change the indexing anyhow, until the next service is due.

This is mine screwed down fully on the same watch. It won't necessarily be upright when wound down. The case back on this watch and several others have a NAIAD lock system that aligns the case back to be fully legible from the reverse. Crowns on this model do not have such a system. It's not a defect. ATTACH]1340487[/ATTACH]
Edited:

Only watch I can think of off the top of my head that aligns the crown is the AP Royal Oak. I'm sure other brands do too but I can't think of any of the models.

Another question for all you pros…

Does this watch/modern Omegas have a limit as to how many times you should wind the crown? I’ve heard 20-30 turns is good, but if you go over that, could you inadvertently damage the watch?

Another question for all you pros…

Does this watch/modern Omegas have a limit as to how many times you should wind the crown? I’ve heard 20-30 turns is good, but if you go over that, could you inadvertently damage the watch?
Most modern automatic movements won’t overwind. If you’re worried about overwinding, go slow and use minimum force to turn the crown. On mechanical, manual wind watches lacking the slip-clutch found in automatics, you’ll feel it stiffening up and you can stop winding. There is a point it won’t wind easily or at all anymore. Definitely stop trying there.

It’s winter where I live, and I finally got to see some sunlight on the watch today!

Do you guys think the watch looks cloudy in these angles, or is that fairly normal? I heard the domed crystal will sometimes distort how the watch looks under certain angles.

Does anyone have any opinions?

(Also, sorry for all the questions lately. This is all new to me!)

It’s winter where I live, and I finally got to see some sunlight on the watch today!

Do you guys think the watch looks cloudy in these angles, or is that fairly normal? I heard the domed crystal will sometimes distort how the watch looks under certain angles.

Does anyone have any opinions?

(Also, sorry for all the questions lately. This is all new to me!)
In my experience, domed crystals will look cloudy if they've got oil/fingerprints on them, even at an angle. Try wiping it down and it should clear up.

For anyone else here that owns this watch, please feel free to chime in…

Has anyone noticed their watch running faster/slower per day? Mine is currently running about 3.5-4 seconds fast. If so, has anyone found a good position to keep the watch in overnight to help regulate the accuracy?

Thank you!

For anyone else here that owns this watch, please feel free to chime in…

Has anyone noticed their watch running faster/slower per day? Mine is currently running about 3.5-4 seconds fast. If so, has anyone found a good position to keep the watch in overnight to help regulate the accuracy?

Thank you!
Every watch will respond differently, best thing you can do is fully wind it, set it aside in dial up for 24 hours next day check gain/loss. Repeat in the 5 other positions and after 6 days you'll have the result you're looking for.

You can although look online on the Omega page. There you will find the results of your watch:)

Although I was reeling from a heavy purchase in end Dec and early Jan, I decided to add the NTTD to the list anyway. Honestly, no regrets. It is such a comfortable watch to wear; and the only one I have ever worn to sleep in, and for days!

b9E1y7Zh.jpg