Forums Latest Members
  1. Soulcreek Oct 2, 2020

Shame as Omega have posters plastered everywhere here in Tokyo for the NTTD Seamaster. That said, interest in the watch could well be prolonged as a result of this excruciatingly stop/start release of Bond 25.

Dedlock likes this.
  2. Madjam1966 Oct 3, 2020

There have indeed been alot of 'coming soon' ads and promotions recently so to hear this news aligned was a bit weird, however not a surprise at all. If it was to launch next month half the cinemas would be empty (half the takings), if indeed they were open at all, by then with second Covid waves hitting many significant (box office related) countries. They could of course stream it 'to a TV near you' but any Bond release is a huge one and I get EON's decision to gamble on this and wait another 6 months.

There could be a vaccine by then and/or transmission rates etc slowed (wishful thinking) but this third postponement must surely be the last. Roll on April (for all sorts of reasons).

3. AntonisCy Oct 3, 2020

They should just release it on VOD

Nickyrods19 likes this.
  4. mblease Oct 3, 2020

A friend of mine who worked on the film has let it slip that the “real reason” for the film being delayed is that the story line is a little close to the bone with current events, focusing on an airborne deadly virus.

5. Pgomeg Oct 3, 2020

Good morning, the bond movie is better not released in theaters before the end of the virus. Will omega make a LE? seamaster 300 is a bond watch. I would change.

6. imranbecks Oct 3, 2020

Good point. Well judging by the trailer that we've seen, there was a scene with some vials in a room. I wouldn't be surprised if the plot involved a virus that could kill millions... Even the "he's going to kill millions" part was mentioned by Nomi in the trailer. Killing millions by releasing a virus perhaps.

mblease likes this.
  7. DanishDynamiteUS Oct 3, 2020

Has anyone been successful in getting a discount on these with the bracelet by the way? Really like it, especially the crystal, but find it hard to swallow the price.

Had it been $8,000 or so I would most likely have done it, but not at $9,200...

vintage hab likes this.
  8. rominvicta Oct 3, 2020

Hmmmm, NO TIME TO HESITATE. I am not able to fathom out why at 8000 it is reasonable/acceptable but at 9200 it is not? If it is a matter of 1200 then better not to buy it!

OmeGez and Thrasher36 like this.
  9. mblease Oct 3, 2020

I asked my local AD if they could discount the NATO version and they said no. They have a waiting list for this piece. It’s a dealer I’ve not used before but the only local one to have one in stock.

10. DanishDynamiteUS Oct 3, 2020

Quite easy, there’s alternatives up there. Also titaniums from Omega tend to lose value. Look at the Seamaster 300 in titanium.

I buy to own and use, but prefer to know I can sell it for something decent if I ever come into financial hardship.

11. rominvicta Oct 3, 2020

This is a well done piece and it wont go lower that list price. As well as Spectre performed well, NTTD will do likewise. Having in mind how few Omega pieces perform above list price, there would not be a single AD that will discount it.

12. dstfno Oct 3, 2020

Spectre was a limited edition. I’ve seen this piece on display a couple of times now, it is not all that rare (or not that popular).

13. DanishDynamiteUS Oct 3, 2020

Yes, Omega confirmed it’ll stay for sale until the next Bond movie which most likely will not be until 2024.

There’s stock in OBs on both nato and bracelet versions.

Pharho and rominvicta like this.
  14. imranbecks Oct 3, 2020

AD's will still give a discount no matter what the watch is. Buying from AD, you're definitely going to pay below the retail price that the boutiques are selling them for. But how much the discount is, now that would vary between watches, and depend on the AD and your relationship with them.

Boutiques priced are fixed for all models. You won't get a discount, but usually they'll add a free gift with your purchase. The free gift can be a bottle of bubble or an umbrella even. Recently I've seen some even receiving free Omega logo'ed face masks with their purchase at the boutique.. Lol

15. vintage hab Oct 3, 2020

Gray market values seem to be higher than MSRP at this time. Beautiful watch but I am concerned about excessive scratching. I’m thinking hard about this one. Need to visit the local boutique to try it on.

16. imranbecks Oct 3, 2020

That would really depend on how you wear your watches. My watches are all scratch free thankfully, even my 8 years old 2220.80 which has the aluminium bezel. Then again I don't go around knocking or rubbing my watch against all the stuff imaginable that can scratch the bezel whenever it's on my wrist ;)

17. rominvicta Oct 3, 2020

Hope you are right! That will make it accessible for more people.

vintage hab likes this.
  18. DanishDynamiteUS Oct 4, 2020

Short question on these, do OB always add sales tax based on destination if they are shipping out of state?

ADs are typically offering that people “self-report”.

19. Pgomeg Oct 4, 2020

can anyone tell me how many are omega bond watches? and how many LE? the most wanted?

20. imranbecks Oct 4, 2020

The Omega watches worn by Craig in the Bond films... The only limited edition he wore on screen is the Seamaster 300 in Spectre.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rafabond, Alfista88, scapa and 12 others like this.